Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning All

(24 Posts)
NanKate Sat 23-Dec-17 06:49:30

With Mick away at his sister’s for about a week it is up to us regulars to keep this thread going for him.

We are all packed and will set off for Sussex this morning. I expect our 4 and 6 year old GSs will be hyper, what fun.

Good weather to drive on the awful M25.

Have a good day folks.

NanKate Sat 23-Dec-17 06:52:04

Got it wrong already ! It should be Good Morning Saturday. Come back Mick.

kittylester Sat 23-Dec-17 06:58:27

Good morning Kate, morning all. Well done for getting us going! It's always difficult to decide to be first if Mick is away. I hope you have a lovely time with your boys.

It's dark but not cold in North Leicestershire. I hope yesterday's fog is not repeated as we are delivering presents today.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Teetime Sat 23-Dec-17 07:00:22

Morning cough cough cough!

NfkDumpling Sat 23-Dec-17 07:00:25

Morning Kate, morning All

A peer around the curtains and no stars so it looks like it's going to be another dank day in Norfolk.

We're dog sitting today while DS and family go on the Santa Express and then on to a party. It'll give DH time to recover from the awful meal we had out yesterday with friends. We felt really guilty as we'd recommended the place, only to find the prices had gone up and the quality down. Drastically. We weren't charged for the drinks but complaining is horrible.

Have a super Christmas with your DGSs and family Kate

NfkDumpling Sat 23-Dec-17 07:01:38

Morning Kitty, Teetime hope the cough goes away soon.

Marydoll Sat 23-Dec-17 07:02:53

Good morning Kate and Kitty. Katy, thank you for starting the thread.
Very wet and dark in Glasgow. DS is coming to pick me up to collect the turkey. I have been warned to be ready just to go. No dithering. grin.
Have a good day everyone. Have a safe journey Kate

Marydoll Sat 23-Dec-17 07:03:43

Good morning, all those I missed. I'm so slow sad

Greyduster Sat 23-Dec-17 07:18:05

Good morning, Kate and all GNs. Thanks for getting us started this morning. Still dark in South Yorkshire, but a hint of a nice sunrise going on. At the moment I have no plans to do anything that does not involve the kitchen. Sorry to hear of your dining experience, Nfk. That has happened to us when taking friends out and I still haven’t got over it. Hope all who are travelling today have a good, safe journey!

whitewave Sat 23-Dec-17 07:27:25

Morning one and all!

Still dark but the weather seems very quiet.

Quiet day for me as well. Shall make mince pies and sausage rolls today as well as the stuffing to sit in the fridge until tomorrow.
Turkey has arrived looking plump, and sitting in the fridge awaiting my attention tomorrow.

Spicy lamb and aubergines for supper.

Have a good day everyone.

Tea and cake Sat 23-Dec-17 07:39:36

Good morning everyone and I hope you all have a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

harrigran Sat 23-Dec-17 07:46:13

Good morning, 9 degrees here and windy.
Another day of inactivity for me, unable to sit or stand unaided. Thankfully DH has done some food shopping.
Safe journey to all those travelling.

milliespain Sat 23-Dec-17 07:47:36

Good morning, bright and not cold here in Spain, but I cannot wait for tomorrow to get back to the UK and all the family. At least in England it really feels like Christmas even if it is cold. Not much in the way of decorations or Christmas cheer here. Everyone have a lovely Christmas and New Year. x

Pittcity Sat 23-Dec-17 08:20:02

Good morning from a grey, mild Colchester.
Another hospital visit but no other plans today.

Gagagran Sat 23-Dec-17 08:26:19

Good Morning everyone! It's gloomy and damp and very mild here on the south coast.

I am on mince pie detail this morning ready to take to DS's in Essex tomorrow (via the dreaded M25). We are due at DD's at 1.30pm today for our Christmas with them. It will be lovely to see all our family and to spend time with our teenage DGC. Where have the years gone?

Go safely everyone and may Christmas be a joyful one and 2018 a peaceful one for us all. sunshine

ninathenana Sat 23-Dec-17 08:34:12

Good morning everyone.

Am I the only one who didn't know Mick was away over Christmas ?
Dull very mild and not a leaf moving in Kent. I have a bit of housework and packing to do today. We are off to Portsmouth tomorrow. We too will be negotiating the lovely M25 Kate

Nana3 Sat 23-Dec-17 08:38:46

Good morning NanKate and everyone. It's a grey morning in Lancashire. DD's are both doing all the Christmas cooking this year.
Hope you all have a safe journey if travelling and joyful celebrations.
Get well soon harrigran.

annsixty Sat 23-Dec-17 08:56:13

Good morning all.
To all you M25 travellers, Jonah here.
My D who had been here for a pre Christmas visit to us took 7 hours to get home to West Sussex on Thursday, about 2 hours of which was spent on the M25. A coach full of passengers had broken down and 3 lanes went into one and eventually the whole thing was closed to remove the coach.
I wish you all much better luck.
Just a nothing sort of day here in both weather and activity.

cornergran Sat 23-Dec-17 08:56:13

Morning All. Just woken up tchblush. Loads to do today so best get a wriggle on. Sounds as if there could be a GN party on the M25. Wishing you all safe travels. Get well soon all poorly people.

ginny Sat 23-Dec-17 09:07:57

Good morning from a damp but mild N.Bucks.

Cleaning to do to day in readiness for visitors. Collect the turkey and ferry it and other stuff to DD3s where we are all spending Christmas Day.
Hopefully a quiet evening before all the fun begins.

NannyJan53 Sat 23-Dec-17 09:12:43

Good Morning all

Not long up here!

Off to DS's this afternoon, as they are hosting an Open House. So picking Mum on the way, then onto Lichfield, so no motorway driving thank goodness.

Hope everyone who is travelling today has a safe and stress free journey.

Happy Christmas to everyone tchsmile

jura2 Sat 23-Dec-17 10:55:46

Bonjour, a bit murky again this morning, but at least no rain- hopefully sunshine will be back tomorrow and fresh snow soon, so all can have lots of fun sliding on it one way or the other after the festitvities.

Mapleleaf Sat 23-Dec-17 12:02:11

Hello everyone,
Very mild here with intervals of sunshine. Gig back from Harrogate after going to see Jools Holland ( brilliant again), so got quite a few jobs to be getting on with now.
Hope your day is a good one and your journeys safe.

Mapleleaf Sat 23-Dec-17 12:02:33

Got not gig!