Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-Dec-17 06:39:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark and cold here in Brackley, had my cold or whatever over Xmas most days in bed did not eat allot just to not feed fuel to it, recovering slightly hope to do my usual today.
Mick

MawBroon Thu 28-Dec-17 06:48:50

Good morning Mick and all still to come. Sorry to hear you have been poorly over Christmas.
Mind how you go today it could be icy out there.
Too dark in this corner of N Bucks to comment, but I was glad to get home from Birmingham yesterday without any trouble from the snow around, especially picking Hattie up from kennels near Northampton.
Might hibernate -apart from nipping out for some milk!

kittylester Thu 28-Dec-17 07:07:43

Morning Mick, morning Maw, morning all.

It's cold and dark in North Leicestershire.

DH is still snoring sleeping peacefully, the dgd are watching CBeebies and no one else is stirring so I'm sitting peacefully sipping tea. It can't last.

DD2 and family are going home today and we are going to a 'left overs' party at a neighbour's. Thing is, we don't have much to take. tchconfused

ninathenana Thu 28-Dec-17 07:32:09

Morning Mick and everyone.
Great to have you back Mick sorry your still feeling rough.
It's dry and still here in Kent with a tough of frost I think bit dark to tell.
We have to pick Bertie up from the cattery today. Not much else planned.

loopyloo Thu 28-Dec-17 07:40:48

Sorry you have not been well ,Mick. I had wondered where you were.
Good morning to everyone. Should be looking after my little GD today.

Gagagran Thu 28-Dec-17 07:43:32

Morning all! My DH has been unwell like you Mick and although improving slightly, is coughing fit to burst.

I think hibernating today is a jolly good idea Maw - it's very cold and icy here on the south coast. I've put off the supermarket trip until tomorrow when it's supposed to be less cold.

Hope everyone manages a good day! sunshine

NanKate Thu 28-Dec-17 07:46:01

Morning Mick good to have you back. I am croaking with you, get better soon.

Kitty we have enough food to feed an army if you want some of ours, the boys are arriving today - wonderful. ?

Clear and cold in the Thames Valley.

Sar53 Thu 28-Dec-17 07:46:49

Good morning all. Very cold and frosty in Essex by the sea. We are off to DD2 in Kent later today, her second baby is due in less than two weeks so I did wonder if this visit would happen.
DD1 and her family came back from Christmas on The Isle of Wight yesterday, a journey that normally takes about 4.5 hours, took over 10 !!! A mixture of heavy traffic and a mishap with a pothole. All ok but they are so glad to be home.
Take care today.

NfkDumpling Thu 28-Dec-17 07:54:16

Morning All

Very cold and clear here in Norfolk. Obviously a stiff frost last night.

Sorry to hear you had The Cold Mick. It's been doing the rounds in our family with DGS (aged 4) coming down with it a couple of days before Christmas. DiL has it now and it's really knocked her for six.

ginny Thu 28-Dec-17 07:57:53

Good morning.
A frosty start here in N. Bucks.
Hope all the coughs and colds improve.
Off on a play date with DGS this morning.

Greyduster Thu 28-Dec-17 08:02:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. How disappointing, Mick, that your cold laid you low over Christmas. Hope you’re recovering. It is extremely cold but bright in South Yorkshire this morning. We are walking today with DD and her menfolk, but not until later. Snow is forecast for tommorrow. Deep joy! ? have a good day, folks.

Marydoll Thu 28-Dec-17 08:18:33

Good morning all.
Glad to see you back Mick
Very cold here, trying to make up my mind to go out or not.

Pittcity Thu 28-Dec-17 08:27:04

Good morning from a bright and frosty Colchester. We got some snow yesterday at DDs but none at home half an hour away.
Glad you are back Mick as none of us can deputise successfully when you are away. Keep warm and rest up.
We are having our regular coffee meetup in town this morning as some of us are all familied out!

whitewave Thu 28-Dec-17 08:37:31

Morning all

Get well soon Mick!

A sparkling blue sky morning on South Downs. Walking weather. Must decide where to go.

Plaice with leek sauce for supper.

Enjoy your day all

harrigran Thu 28-Dec-17 08:48:46

Good morning from a very icy north east.
Nothing much planned so may shop for baby outfit for my sister's 4th grandchild, yet another boy and tiny.

cornergran Thu 28-Dec-17 08:52:42

Morning All. Sorry you have had bugs for Christmas mick, take it easy until you are properly better. Bright, frosty start in our corner of Somerset. Bit of a catch up today. Hoping for a walk later. Stay warm everyone.

Anniebach Thu 28-Dec-17 08:52:53

Good morning all,

jura2 Thu 28-Dec-17 09:02:27

Morning smile a couple of feet or more of snow overnight - OH has been up since 8 and just finished clearing the snow- more or less.

Brought all the birds we don't often see, bullfinches galore and grosbeak- and of course every kind of tit expect long tailed we never see here in t'mountains- nuthatches- and of course our many resident sparrows - so grateful for the food.

Nana3 Thu 28-Dec-17 09:24:47

Good morning all from Lancashire, thick frost as I went to bed and early this morning but it's completely gone now. We haven't had the snow either.
Welcome back Mick, remember ' feed a cold, starve a fever'.
Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Dec-17 10:41:46

Morning everyone,
Good to see you back Mick but sorry that you have been unwell over Christmas. Hope you soon start to feel better. Greyduster has the forecast spot on for here for today and tomorrow, though I'm hoping that the snow doesn't bother coming tomorrow. ?
Hope Thursday is a good day for everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 28-Dec-17 11:01:56

My first day in the 'Cafe' I joined Gransnet this year , really enjoy reading everyone's posts. We are off to DS1 today, doing 'Christmas' all 3 of my children, partners, and 4 GC (aged 9, 8, nrly3 and 8 months. It will be noisy and chaotic but I love being together with them all. The only sad thing is we lost our Dear Mum this year, and she has left an enormous hole in our family, we will toast her memory, and laugh about all the sill GGM things she used to do.
DH already wants to know what time we will be home, haven't answered, I shall be driving, so when I am ready and exhausted lol!!

Have a good day folks.

Caledonai14 Thu 28-Dec-17 11:29:26

Good morning Mick and all on here. We have more snow and ice here in the Scottish mountains, but we are used to it. Felt so sorry for the people trying to get back home yesterday, especially on roads which are normally clear. Take care if you are out and about today.