Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-Dec-17 06:42:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, but still feels cold.
Mick

NotAGran55 Fri 29-Dec-17 14:54:38

Good afternoon from sunny Seville -21 degrees smile Just perfect for sightseeing .

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Dec-17 11:54:13

Sounds magical, jura2. ?

jura2 Fri 29-Dec-17 10:36:48

YES- the best snow for skiing- skeaky snow.

Will be going further up t'mountain for a great run around with the dogs- very well wrapped up.

oldgoat Fri 29-Dec-17 09:59:06

' A twinkly winter wonderland' how lovely jura2 . Is it the sort of snow that squeaks when you walk on it?

jura2 Fri 29-Dec-17 09:54:19

Bonjour, sunny, very cold but dry, twinkly winterwonderland - tons of snow, but no new snow overnight.

loopyloo Fri 29-Dec-17 09:31:49

Good morning, all. I have just ordered a greengage tree for the allotment and some strawberries. This is a pure indulgence and I feel very guilty.
Dreadful weather here. Wet cold and windy but no ice or snow, for which I am grateful.
The sausage supper sounds really good. Will look it up.
Have a good day everyone.

annsixty Fri 29-Dec-17 09:27:25

Good morning all.
It is snowing huge flakes here in Stockport and although it is on top of wet ground it is starting to settle. Cue much muttering and head shaking from H who of course doesn't have to go out in it at all. If I don't get to the shops today we will be like Old Mother Hubbard.
Stay safe everyone.

Greyduster Fri 29-Dec-17 09:14:23

Morning, Annie!

Anniebach Fri 29-Dec-17 09:08:40

Good morning all

Gagagran Fri 29-Dec-17 09:08:34

Good Morning all GNs from a very wet and windy south coast - but it's mild. There is a lot of standing water on the roads which was consequently like driving through a car wash, en route to the supermarket.

DH is improving slowly but sounds as if he is trying to start a hand cranked car when he gets his coughing fits. He's not eating much either so I need to find something to tempt his appetite back. My energy levels are low too. This virus has been a bit of a buggeration all round.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Pittcity Fri 29-Dec-17 09:07:45

Good morning from a cold, wet Colchester. Lay in this morning. I think my body wants to hibernate!
Need to get a few food essentials and visit MIL in hospital. Otherwise we have a quiet weekend with nothing in the diary.

cornergran Fri 29-Dec-17 09:06:12

Morning All. Slow start and a brightening sky in our corner of Somerset. Plan to do little today, it’s a weary one, head full of worry about a very ill neighbour and family stuff. Stay warm and well everyone.

Caledonai14 Fri 29-Dec-17 09:05:21

Good morning from chilly Aberdeenshire. The wee birds are stocking up on all of the feeders this morning, so I suspect there is worse to come. Stay safe everyone.

ginny Fri 29-Dec-17 09:00:54

Good morning from a very rainy N. Bucks.
Slimming World this morning . Time to draw the line on all the food excess and get back to sensible eating. Need to loose Christmas gain before we go away at the end of January.
House jobs this afternoon.

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Dec-17 09:00:34

Yes, Oldgoat, do look up the recipe, it's delicious!

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Dec-17 08:58:56

Morning fellow GN's.
A light covering of snow here, too, Greyduster and not as much as they were forecasting, I'm pleased to say, though looking at the sky it looks as if we might get some more.
Won't be going far today.
Keep warm and cosy everyone. ?

MawBroon Fri 29-Dec-17 08:58:03

What a change! Dark, wet and although the frost and ice have clearly gone, it still feels cold in my corner of N Bucks.
Ah well, wellies on again. (That will teach me to buy a new pair of boots in the sales yesterday)
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

oldgoat Fri 29-Dec-17 08:56:39

Mary Berry's sausage supper sounds good whitewave. I'll look it up. I have lots of her recipe books and they always work for me. I've seen quite a few nasty remarks about her lately but I really like her and the food she prepares.

whitewave Fri 29-Dec-17 08:40:49

Good morning from a dark wet and windy South Downs.

Absolutely awful!

Mums today and shopping etc.

Mary Berry’s sausage supper today DHs favourite.

Greyduster Fri 29-Dec-17 08:31:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is very cold in South Yorkshire and we have a light covering of snow - hardly what we were led to believe we would get, but I am not complaining. We are not moving out today. DH was not very well in the night so a quiet day is called for. Have a good day, folks.

oldgoat Fri 29-Dec-17 08:28:36

Alygran I have PMd you.

harrigran Fri 29-Dec-17 08:25:46

Good morning, it is grey but temperature up to 0 this morning.
I am staying in to wait for a parcel that I have paid a lot of money to have next day delivery, and still they say anytime up to 7pm. Hope it doesn't snow until after delivery.

Alygran Fri 29-Dec-17 08:14:52

Morning all.
Snowing hard in my corner of North Yorkshire. DD2 coming today for the weekend.
Stay warm everyone.

NfkDumpling Fri 29-Dec-17 08:07:24

Morning All

My broadband keeps going down. Changed to Sky when BT started to get bad and now Sky is following suit. It's a ploy to get me to upgrade to cable and pay more, I know it is!

Morning All! Miserable, overcast and drizzly in my bit of Norfolk. I'm really pleased I nagged DH into going to see the seals at Horsey yesterday even though most have left.
It was a lovely walk on a lovely winter day. Nothing on today so we'll hunker down and read books!

oldgoat Fri 29-Dec-17 08:06:14

Morning all.
The snow has just started falling here in chilly York. We are having a quiet day after a lovely festive break with DD.
Popped round to see GS1 yesterday between a sunny walk with our friends in the morning and a neighbour's funeral in the afternoon. It was GS1's 13th birthday and though I love him dearly, just wish he would smile and look happy sometimes.
DS and family are off to the coast today. I shall be worrying until they get home safely.
Have a restful day everyone.