Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(21 Posts)
Caledonai14 Sat 30-Dec-17 11:23:11

Good morning from Aberdeenshire where everything is still very white and the puddles are frozen under the snow. The consolation is that our very rough track is more like a proper roadway for a few days. Stay safe and upright everyone.

NannyJan53 Sat 30-Dec-17 10:45:48

Good Michael and everyone

Very damp and windy here this morning.

Today I will be doing not a lot smile, may make a start on my tax return, but I do have till end of January.

We had a walk yesterday along canal then back into Stourbridge, didn't realise quite how cold it was!

Mapleleaf Sat 30-Dec-17 10:29:22

Good morning all,
It's very windy this morning but at least the snow has gone.
Got a few chores to do in town today and a bit of ironing to do later, but otherwise not a lot to do today.
Cold ham and chips for tea tonight. ?

ginny Sat 30-Dec-17 10:00:31

Good morning all.
N. Bucks is damp and breezy this morning.
Hoping to get a walk in this morning. Quiet afternoon, maybe some sorting out of cupboards.
Homemade sweet and sour chicken for dinner tonight.

jura2 Sat 30-Dec-17 09:53:50

Bonjour, all gone a bit murky and damp here, and warmer. Give me very dry sunny cold any day.

oldgoat Sat 30-Dec-17 09:52:57

Morning all. Am I the only one who keeps thinking it's Sunday? Wondered how greyduster was going to take her books back to the library today!!

Pittcity Sat 30-Dec-17 09:34:13

Good morning from a damp, breezy but mild Colchester. I just went to answer the door as I am expecting a delivery but it must have been the wreath banging in the wind!
2 degrees yesterday, 12 today....can't be good for us....
DH is out today so I am slobbing indoors with TV and laptop.

harrigran Sat 30-Dec-17 08:43:18

Good morning, above freezing and snow and ice is starting to thaw.
It snowed all day yesterday so there was no outdoor activity at all. We spent the day attempting to watch Christmas recordings but found very little to our taste and ended up deleting just about everything. The films for children were good.

Anniebach Sat 30-Dec-17 08:42:50

Morning Greyduster

Greyduster Sat 30-Dec-17 08:39:53

Morning, Annie!

Greyduster Sat 30-Dec-17 08:39:24

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A brightish day in South Yorkshire and no sign of yesterday’s snow. DH says he is well enough to go to the football this afternoon hmm. Not a lot I can do to stop him. I have books to take back to the library. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Sat 30-Dec-17 08:38:47

Good morning all

Marydoll Sat 30-Dec-17 08:21:31

Morning all,
Very cold and icy here. The snow from yesterday has turned to frozen slush.
Family lunch today at DS' while the men watch the football.
I may take my DGD a walk, as I'm not a football fan.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Gagagran Sat 30-Dec-17 08:06:16

Morning everyone! It's mild and damp but not as windy here on the south coast.

We are both recovering from "The Cold" and DH's cough is easing. So much so that he reckons he'll be OK for going to the football this afternoon.

I shall have to stir myself ready for DD and family coming for a meal on Monday. I've gone for an easy menu - lamb shanks and couscous. DGD is vegan so M&S rosti will be for her. Just don't have the energy for a marathon cooking session as I have usually done in years gone by.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

Nana3 Sat 30-Dec-17 07:54:47

Good morning, it's too dark to tell you what the weather is like in Lancashire but yesterday was damp with a cold wind. Probably more of the same. I have no plans as yet, might go and see DD but don't like the drive, it's busy motorway with speeding traffic.
Sorry you are not well kitty.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Sat 30-Dec-17 07:50:52

Morning all.

Dull and damp in Kent too. D coming today, so more present exchanging as she was too busy working to come last week.

kittylester Sat 30-Dec-17 07:24:53

Morning all.

It's blinking cold in North Leicestershire and I have a dicky tummy.

DS1 coming for brunch before the football but I might send them to the pub.

Enjoy the panto Kate and enjoy your dgs, nfk. I hope your Dil gets well soon.

Like the sound of prawn and salmon lasagne. Unfortunately DH is allergic to shellfish. We are having beef stroganoff.

NfkDumpling Sat 30-Dec-17 07:11:54

Morning All

Dark, wet and 'orrible in Norfolk.

Both DS and DiL now have the Cold. It's a bad one and DiL isn't good with colds, so we may have DGS for the day and a sleep over. Waiting to see how they all are this morning. We've had DGS so often when his mum has had a health scare and had to go to hospital that he doesn't like to come to ours as he thinks mum is ill again. Hopefully he can come and just enjoy himself.

whitewave Sat 30-Dec-17 06:49:45

Good morning all.

I love pantomime!

Still dark and seemingly damp but mild on South Downs. Yesterday turned into glorious sun which in shelter was really quite warm.

Spare day today before tomorrow evenings jollies with the family coming over for a meal and pleasant conversation.
I shall finish one of my Christmas present books by Mary Beard which is a manifesto for women’s power. Good stuff.
Salmon and prawn lasagne for supper.

NanKate Sat 30-Dec-17 06:40:57

Morning Mick and All.

Too dark to tell what us happening here in the Thames Valley.

Off to the Panto with our two young GSs. ?

12Michael Sat 30-Dec-17 06:38:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull and wet here in Brackley this morning, nbot much on today.
Mick