Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(16 Posts)
jura2 Thu 04-Jan-18 18:25:36

Went shopping to our loca French town- the little stream has burst its banks and taken over all the fields- and down in the valley on other side, all the rivers have also burst and taken over massive fields. The rural road behind us is a river, and the Church car-park under water- and the Paris-Bern line may well be under water by tomorrow. Lucky we are on a hill above.

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Jan-18 10:06:38

Good morning everyone,
As you say, Greyduster it's very grey and wet in South Yorkshire. Thoroughly depressing!
Must go to the supermarket today as didn't get there yesterday and stocks are running low.
I wish the sun would shine a bit - it always makes things seem better, somehow.
Hope your day goes as planned.

Greyduster Thu 04-Jan-18 08:55:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very grey and wet in South Yorkshire this morning and set in for the day. We are having lunch with a friend today. I slept so badly last night that I may fall asleep at the table! Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Thu 04-Jan-18 08:38:57

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
We need to do a supermarket shop too....must be the day for it and need to get out before the gales return this afternoon.

Nelliemoser Thu 04-Jan-18 08:26:29

Good morning All. Damp and grey here. A warning for high winds later on today. So far we have escaped the worst of the weather.

Marydoll Thu 04-Jan-18 08:16:36

Good morning all,
Still wet and damp here, oh for a bit of sunshine.
A bit of supermarket shopping and returning a sweater whose sleeves are a least six inches too long to M&S. This keeps happening, I must have really short arms.
The schools are back today, so I hope the shops will be a little bit quieter.
Gave a good day all and I hope those who are unwell feel better soon.

cornergran Thu 04-Jan-18 08:02:11

Morning All. Still wet and windy with waves over the sea front. Could do with a change now. I foresee a lot of faffing about today, doubt anything sensible will be accomplished. Hope all poorly people get some energy back soon.

ginny Thu 04-Jan-18 08:01:33

Good morning. Raining , dark and dull in N. Bucks.
Looking after DGS today and we are off to play centre.

silverlining48 Thu 04-Jan-18 07:47:25

Morning all. Grey and dark here in kent but when i first woke at 6 am i realised i had slept through the whole night for the first time in a year. It might be thanks to night nurse,
Still got my winter cold cough and throat but feeling surprised and very happy.

harrigran Thu 04-Jan-18 07:45:00

Good morning, mild and calm here in the north east.
I feel as if I have been run over by a road roller, they were very kind in the x-ray department but lying with arms over your head and a drip in your arm is not easy.
Will visit my sister this afternoon, she has a new GS and have announced a name change for him. Thank heavens I didn't have the gift personalised.

ninathenana Thu 04-Jan-18 07:43:07

Morning all.

Raining in Kent but the wind is now a gentle breeze.
Have to do a bit of shopping, then nails this afternoon.
Speedy recovery to all those with the lurgy.

Gagagran Thu 04-Jan-18 07:17:10

Morning everyone!It's still very dark and looks wet here on the south coast.

Trying to muster energies for a supermarket trip - this lurgy doesn't let go easily does it? DH is still coughing his deep seated cough and I am somewhat languid (!) Just want my energy back please!

Hope the day is kind to all GNs . sunshine

NanKate Thu 04-Jan-18 06:58:15

Oh this predictive text where gore came from I don’t know, I think I meant gloomy. ?

NanKate Thu 04-Jan-18 06:56:53

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Another gore day here, oh for a bit of sunshine.

Sorry to hear Kitty you have taken a backwards step. DH is just emerging from his lurgy and I need a burst of energy.

kittylester Thu 04-Jan-18 06:38:47

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's pouring in North Leicestershire but it isn't too cold.

First big shop of the year today. I really enjoy my weekly Sainsbury's shop - I think it makes me feel organised. The dreaded virus appears to have reappeared! sad

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

12Michael Thu 04-Jan-18 06:33:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, with some wind this morning, mild day by the looks of things.
Mick