Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Sun 07-Jan-18 10:25:49

I think with the bug or whatever it was , and despite not eating over Xmas period, as I would do normally.
The manager in the retirement home where I live told me not to knock it.
Hopefully , if that 4-5kg loss in future , when I do my 6 monthly diabetes check may look good.
Mick

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Jan-18 10:24:54

Good morning
Frosty and bright today - much better than those grey, murky days we've been having.
Took the tree & decorations down yesterday. It took ages! Everywhere looks a bit bare now but it won't take long to get used to it again.
It will take time, Mick to get back to normal after that nasty bug, but you'll get there. Eat little bits of what you fancy when you fancy. ?

jura2 Sun 07-Jan-18 10:09:23

' Morning - a bitg of fog early am as we have had so much water and lakes forming everywhere, and sunshine yesterday. All clear now- and hoping the sun will be out later - still snow along the forest line, but most of it gone. Very unusual for January.

Humbertbear Sun 07-Jan-18 10:00:51

It was a cold start here in North London. I’ve read the paper, phoned my mother, written a few emails and had three cups of decaf. Thinking about getting up now. Today is the one day in 3 weeks when I haven’t got to go out of the house so plan to stay put and paint. Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Sun 07-Jan-18 09:53:29

Good morning all

ginny Sun 07-Jan-18 09:35:15

Good morning. Brighter now in N.Bucks but chilly of course.
Several people popping in for a cuppa this afternoon so must get tidied up.
Hope you enjoy you break with the family Maw.

Pittcity Sun 07-Jan-18 09:10:45

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. A cold sunny day promised.
A walk to Aldi for Sunday roast supplies and then just keeping warm for the rest of the day.

loopyloo Sun 07-Jan-18 08:51:44

Morning everyone, DH has gone off to work so quiet day here, tidying up the house. Really miss the garden but should use the time to get things done indoors. Have decided the thing to do in January is keep warm. Nothing else really matters. Have a good day.

Greyduster Sun 07-Jan-18 08:43:44

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It takes time, Mick, for your system to sort itself out; sure the pounds will come back on! Very cold in South Yorkshire but shaping up to be a bright day. GS is playing five a side football this afternoon and we have promised to go and watch - in an enormous and freezing cold sports hall! ?‍♀️ Have a good day folks!

harrigran Sun 07-Jan-18 08:31:23

Good morning from a grey, cold north east. 0 degrees but not windy.
I think we may have a day to ourselves today.

Marydoll Sun 07-Jan-18 08:19:58

Good morning all.
Very heavy frost here this morning.
I'm sorry to hear so many are unwell.
Those having family days, enjoy.

cornergran Sun 07-Jan-18 08:14:21

Travel safely maw, enjoy your family time.

MawBroon Sun 07-Jan-18 08:09:23

Good morning from a grey and chilly N Bucks village.
Off to London again to see DDs 2&3, SIL2 is in Hong Kong for 10 days so DD2 thought she might welcome some company with DGS. But actually this is all part of “keep Mum busy” - a day to myself yesterday turned more than a bit tearful, so I think they have a point.
Have a pleasant Sunday, all!

cornergran Sun 07-Jan-18 08:00:58

Morning All. Clear, cold start in our corner of Somerset. Does the lost weight cause you a problem, mick? Sorry to hear there are so many poorly people. Hope you are all much better soon.

NfkDumpling Sun 07-Jan-18 07:25:34

Morning All

Cold here in Norfolk, but no sign of frost due to the big black clouds which are hanging ominously overhead. Clearer in the east though so hopefully the forecast sun will appear.

DH wants to go out today but yesterday I started coughing and woke in the night steaming hot. I fear I may have succumbed to The Cold.

(The show yesterday at Great Yarmouth Hippodrome was excellent. Highly recommend it)

Nana3 Sun 07-Jan-18 07:13:07

Good morning, there's frost in Lancashire, the skies are clear, I can see stars.
Two DGC are still here, they are excited about going out with their dad this morning, bless them. I'm giving them a hearty breakfast before they go.
Hope everyone gets well soon, have a good day.

NanKate Sun 07-Jan-18 07:08:26

Morning Kitty and Gaga

kittylester Sun 07-Jan-18 07:03:43

Morning gaga!!!

kittylester Sun 07-Jan-18 07:02:36

Morning Kate!!!

kittylester Sun 07-Jan-18 06:49:51

Good morning Mick, morning all!

It's flipping perishing in North Leicestershire. We are having lunch on our local Heritage Steam Train today - I hope it's warm. DH used to catch this train to school in his teens but I doubt they served lunches way back then.

Is being unable to put weight on a problem Mick? I hope you are fully recovered from the bug.

NanKate Sun 07-Jan-18 06:49:31

Morning Mick and All.

Clear and very cold in Thames Valley. I think we are due some sunshine today.

Surprisingly putting on weight can be as hard as losing weight Mick. DH consulted doctor who has suggested he increases his food intake so he is having a bowl of cereal before bed and larger portions of every thing, but it is a slow process as he has never been a big eater.

Gagagran Sun 07-Jan-18 06:45:19

Morning Mick and all who follow. It's blooming cold here on the south coast with a promise of a sunny day in store.

DH is still suffering from the lurgy and his appetite has disappeared too Mick - seems to be a symptom. Hope you soon pick up and all fellow sufferers also.

Another gentle day for us - both need recovery time extending and we have nothing urgent to do.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

12Michael Sun 07-Jan-18 06:40:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but clear as the moon is bright, illness wise my weight I appear not to be able to get my weight back up since illness , my appetite as returned but that 5kg remains lower to what I was before getting whatever the bug was.
Mick