Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(24 Posts)
Wally Thu 11-Jan-18 09:22:25

Good morning all, I hope this morning finds you well. Outside looks sort of okish this neck of the woods but here's hoping. Have a great day.

Wally Wed 10-Jan-18 08:55:08

Good morning all. Things have definitely picked up this end not so nasty outside and hope all is well with everyone. Have a great day all.

hildajenniJ Tue 09-Jan-18 11:08:46

Good morning all.
Late checking in again. Been very busy since rising. It's DGD's 11th birthday today, so I've been baking as I expect a visit later.
The weather here in Tynedale is overcast and dull, a bit milder than yesterday though.
Have a good day everyone.

Nana3 Tue 09-Jan-18 10:21:36

Good morning, it's grey and cold but not raining in Lancashire thankfully.
WI this afternoon, looking forward to it.
Have a good day everyone.

Wally Tue 09-Jan-18 09:23:05

Good morning all. It's dull and damp here in Wiltshire but I think the flu jab must have worked for me as thus far I've been fine, but best foot forward and I'm optimistic for the rest of the day. I'll just betcha someone finds me a job though.

Newquay Tue 09-Jan-18 09:07:56

Morning all
These dark mornings I'm waking later and later! Good job I don't have to go out to work nany more! Very grey here in Staffs.
Sorry to hear of everyone's snotty noses. DH and I had heavy colds/coughs and flu before Christmas and it's still lingering. Struggled at choir last night, even sneezed at one point! Don't think I'm infectious any more or I wouldn't have gone.
Is anyone going with you Maw to solicitors? The more tasks you can do yourself (if you can) hopefully the less you'll be charged.

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 09:05:51

Good morning all

harrigran Tue 09-Jan-18 09:00:14

Good morning, grey and miserable looking day but above freezing.
Out to lunch with DH's cousin and my friend who happens to be his wife.

whitewave Tue 09-Jan-18 08:48:38

Morning all

gaga I feel your pain!!

I was ill for 5 solid weeks before Christmas and really I’ve only felt normal since the new year

This darkness doesn’t help though does it. Imagine living in Norway or Iceland though at least we have some light.

Day off from Mum today so taking the chance and meeting a friend for lunch. We are off to an ancient pub with log fire etc in the Sussex countryside.

Enjoy your day all

Mapleleaf Tue 09-Jan-18 08:45:56

Good morning everyone,
Just made a cup of tea and looked out of the window to see it looks grey, damp and dismal again. It's probably cold, too, but the CH is on so it's nice and cosy indoors.
Not a lot planned today, though I must get the ironing done!
Hope you all have a decent day. ?

Gagagran Tue 09-Jan-18 08:43:42

Mornign everyone. It's grey and dull but dry here on the south coast. Lots of signs of new life in the garden though -bulbs springing up all over the place.

I have decided to ignore our "unwellness" from now on and soldier on with renewed optimism! Hope it works!

Another day of not much but at least there is no pressure to go anywhere or do anything.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

MawBroon Tue 09-Jan-18 08:26:16

Good morning everybody - is the whole country under an enormous thick grey cloud?
It is grey and dismal here too but I must get myself into gear as I have an appointment at the solicitors re Paws probate.
Hope you all have a nice day !

Marydoll Tue 09-Jan-18 08:21:21

Good morning Mick and all.
It is absolutely freezing outside.
Recovering from very busy day with DGD yesterday.
Hope those with snotty noses recover soon.

NanKate Tue 09-Jan-18 08:13:49

Morning Mick Kitty Greyduster and All.

Sorry for those with snotty noses, coughs, aches and pains.

Off by foot to the shops today which is no mean feat as we live up a steep hill, my dear old mum called it Sherpa country. ? I make it down like a gazelle and return like a packhorse but I am sure it must do me some good.

Pittcity Tue 09-Jan-18 07:56:46

Good morning from a dark but dry Colchester. I am loathe to get out from under the duvet on days like this. DH got up ages ago and has the tv on loud.
Not decided what to do today.

ginny Tue 09-Jan-18 07:55:20

Good morning from a dull and damp N. Bucks. No rain forecast though.
Lunch with friends and then to Costco to ‘rekkie’ party food with DD3.

NfkDumpling Tue 09-Jan-18 07:32:17

Morning All

Dark and overcast outside, but at least its dry.

I brought my snotty nose and grating cough downstairs a while ago. I fear I may have rather disturbed DH last night. I'm supposed to go to see his consultant at the hospital with him this afternoon as extra memory. I'm not at all sure how much use I'm going to be - or whether I should go at all.

annsixty Tue 09-Jan-18 07:32:03

Good morning all.
This is very early for me but I was jolted awake by a phone call from a call centre, it is a pity it stopped before I could answer or the caller may have been shocked by what colourful language an old lady knew.
It is very dark but I can't hear rain.
Out for coffee with a friend this morning, I am so looking forward to seeing her and getting out of the house for a couple of hours.

ninathenana Tue 09-Jan-18 07:24:01

Morning everyone.
Still very dark in Kent too.
We had a good weekend away with friends and today feels like the first day back to normal post Christmas/NY. So usual Tuesday food shopping it is then.
Get well soon wishes kitty gd

oldgoat Tue 09-Jan-18 07:11:24

Morning kitty Hope the ironing does the trick.

oldgoat Tue 09-Jan-18 07:09:11

Morning Michael and GD
Up early this morning because GS is back to school today and will soon be round for his breakfast. Black as night still here but at least it's not freezing today. Hope your cold will soon be better GD.

kittylester Tue 09-Jan-18 07:07:18

Good morning Mick, gd, all.

It is cold in North Leicestershire but not frosty!

I have the snotty nose too, gd, but I have a mountain of ironing to do so hope the steam helps clear my head.

Greyduster Tue 09-Jan-18 06:54:49

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Still dark in South Yorkshire but cold. I have been up since early doors wrestling with a snotty nose. Knew I wouldn’t last the winter without a cold ?! We are supposed to be going into town today, but don’t fancy it at the mo. Have a good day, folks.

12Michael Tue 09-Jan-18 06:43:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its cold and frosty out there this morning in Brackley.
Mick