Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
Mapleleaf Wed 10-Jan-18 11:07:04

Good morning,
I posted a little while ago but the system went down and I lost it, so here goes again!
It's wet & miserable here. Supposed to brighten but doesn't look too good at the moment.
Sorry to hear about the distressing night, Marydoll and hope your BIL is improving. You must be exhausted.
To all of you suffering from this nasty flu like virus that is doing the rounds I hope you are starting to improve. Friends of mine have had it for over 2 weeks now and are still not completely over it. It seems to take some shifting. I think we all need a good dose of sunshine.
Take care.

Marydoll Wed 10-Jan-18 10:24:16

..and Gaga smile

Marydoll Wed 10-Jan-18 10:22:54

Thanks Maw for your kind wishes, this is a common occurrence for us.
He has major health issues and we now leave our clothes out ready at night for the frequent trips to A&E. Last night was the worst I have experienced in many late night trips to A&E.
I have serious health issues and having time to think during the long wait, I thought, "I hope I never have to come here as an emergency patient". I know exactly what you mean about "despair".
I was trying to stay positive for my DH and my SIL and take charge on top of supporting the rest of my family. It is so hard.
I'm glad to see you posting Maw, I followed Paw's journey and thought what a wonderful wife you were to him.

MawBroon Wed 10-Jan-18 10:08:34

I hope you can get some rest today Marydoll and that there is reassuring news about your BIL
That is an unacceptable , but alas all too common wait for an ambulance.
I hope nobody takes it amiss if I say that despite my loss, I am just so glad Paw is out of all that - the ambulance waits, the hours in A&E, the worry about hospital beds, cancelled operations the whole (may I swear) bl**dy stress and frequent despair of it all.
Sending you a huge hug and my sincerest wishes that you can recharge your own batteries ❤️

Gagagran Wed 10-Jan-18 09:45:39

A late good morning all. It's brighter but still cold here on the south coast

What a traumatic night Mary - hope you manage to get some rest today and that BIL is a bit better now he's in hospital. You will be all out of kilter I am sure.

We are still struggling with the lurgy and while DH seems a little better today I am a little worse. Really cheesed off now and I need to throw away a lot of stuff we just haven't eaten and is now past (well past!) its use-by date. Hate doing that but DH has been living on soup and I am back on bananas and mashed potato as gastritis has flared up on top of the lurgy. Oh woe is me!!

Sending best wishes to all on the sick list and hope we all recover soon. sunshine

Marydoll Wed 10-Jan-18 09:23:57

Good morning all.
Exhausted this morning. We spent all night in A&E with BIL, after waiting three and a half hours for an ambulance. I spoke to the ambulance service 5 times, they said they were basically swamped with calls. I was getting really scared, as he has multiple health issues. DH isn't much good in these situations.
The NHS definitely is in turmoil.
We have had just a couple of hours sleep, when DD phoned for an update.
I was supposed to go out for lunch with my friend, whom I put off on Monday, due to unexpected childminding duties.
I hope everyone has a less stressful day.

harrigran Wed 10-Jan-18 08:54:22

Good morning, another grey miserable day.
DH out this afternoon so will catch up on some TV.

Anniebach Wed 10-Jan-18 08:42:36

Good morning all

Greyduster Wed 10-Jan-18 08:29:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Your fog has found its way here, Nellie - can’t see beyond the end of the road let alone across the fields in South Yorkshire this morning. If it clears we might have the nice day that the forecasters promised us. We are supposed to be walking. Hope everyone can see their way forward today.

NfkDumpling Wed 10-Jan-18 08:15:21

That’s scary Nellie. It’s a horrible feeling when you loose your bearing completely like that. At least in a car it doesn’t take too long to get back on track.

cornergran Wed 10-Jan-18 08:13:25

Morning All. Usual gloomy start in our corner of Somerset. The forecast promised a blue sky. hmm. Another funny old day ahead here. A funeral to attend this morning and the car to the garage this afternoon. That journey sounds scary nellie, pleased you are safe. Wishing poorly people a speedy recovery.

Pittcity Wed 10-Jan-18 08:08:05

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
Usual Wednesday coffee morning and a bit of shopping in town.

Nelliemoser Wed 10-Jan-18 08:04:58

Good Morning All the sky looks clear today. Yesterday's fog was dreadful. I missed my turning going to see the DGSs and did not notice until it was too late . There was no way of knowing which road I was on and what direction I was heading in I have not seen fog that bad in years and I have been going to see them roughly every two weeks. Scary stuff .

ginny Wed 10-Jan-18 07:59:41

Good morning.
Dark , dull and drizzly here in N. Bucks.
Will be out early to get a few supplies for craft club this afternoon. This evening I have a different club meeting but one I can relax at.
Hope all the coughs and sneezes soon clear up.

Nana3 Wed 10-Jan-18 07:52:04

Good morning, dry in Lancashire, it's been cold but can cope with that.
Hope you feel better soon kitty and glad to hear you are improving NfkD.
I'm meeting a friend for lunch, a big catch up for us.
Have a good day all.

NanKate Wed 10-Jan-18 07:50:15

Nfk not Dfk what a wally I am.

TwiceAsNice Wed 10-Jan-18 07:49:28

Morning everyone
Wet but has stopped raining in Surrey. Got up early to walk to daughters to look after DG1 who is poorly and sorry for herself, currently cuddling her kitten in Mummy's bed! DD1 and DG2 gone to school , Mummy works in their school

NanKate Wed 10-Jan-18 07:48:16

Morning Mick Kitty and Dfk

Should get a bit of sun here in the south later today hurray.

DH changes our bed, but I do offer to put the pillowcases on ?

Take it carefully today Nfk this flu bug is hard to get rid of.

Doing horrid paperwork today.

NfkDumpling Wed 10-Jan-18 07:27:55

Morning Mick, Kitty, Everybody,

Another overcast day in Norfolk. I think this flu thing may possibly be in retreat. I do feel a little more human today, perhaps the flu jab has helped. Nothing planned though other than just flopping around the place feeling sorry for myself. May go back to bed!

kittylester Wed 10-Jan-18 06:51:54

Morning Mick, morning all!

It has been raining hard in North Leicestershire but seems to have stopped now.

My main aim today is to change the bed. I might then need to lie in it to recover. grin

12Michael Wed 10-Jan-18 06:40:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its raining here in Brackley this morning , still with that cold air.
Mick