Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Fri 12-Jan-18 06:36:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley , like yesterday seems as though the wind has dropped a little.
Mick

ninathenana Fri 12-Jan-18 06:55:40

Morning Mick and everyone.

Seems very dark still this morning. I can't hear any wind or rain, other than that, who knows !
No plans today, just a bit of housework.
Enjoy your day.

kittylester Fri 12-Jan-18 07:00:47

Morning Mick, Nina, everyone!

It's still dark but not too cold in North Leicestershire.

Plans all over the place today as Dgd4 was sick in the night and can't go to school. Neither mum nor dad can take the day off so it's Ma and Pa to the rescue. That's our lazy start out of the window.

Enjoy your Fridays everyone.

NfkDumpling Fri 12-Jan-18 07:12:23

Morning All

It looks like another dull, nothingness day is emerging outside in Norfolk. I'm a lot better this morning, it's amazing what a nights good sleep can achieve, and DH seems to be bouncing back too so perhaps having the flu jab has helped a bit. Still coughing well though and on past experience I suspect I will be for several weeks to come.

I have an appointment with the knee consultant (or one of his minions) this morning. I really don't want to miss it and my nursing friend says I won't be contagious now so I'm wearing a scarf to cover my face in the event of a coughing fit!

cornergran Fri 12-Jan-18 08:06:14

Morning All. Clear and very frosty in our corner of Somerset. A very pink sky which doesn’t bode well for later but is very nice to look at just now. If I can retrieve my head from wherever it is hiding need to do a food shop. Flipping bugs. Hope your granddaughter doesn’t share her tummy upset kitty, wishing you a positive knee outcome nfk. Stay warm and well everyone.

ginny Fri 12-Jan-18 08:10:10

Good morning.
Dull and misty at the moment in N. Bucks.

SW this morning. Routine jobs to do. May go to the cinema later depending on how DH feels. I think he has overdone the DIY this week.

Greyduster Fri 12-Jan-18 08:27:32

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Very murky and grey in South Yorkshire today. My son is coming to lunch today; I feel very under the weather and DH caught his foot on a piece of furniture yesterday and thinks he has broken one of his toes. What a pair we are. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Fri 12-Jan-18 08:41:22

Good morning all

Gagagran Fri 12-Jan-18 08:43:37

Good Morning all! It's still and cloudy but not as cold and brightening from the south east here on the south coast. There is a definite change in the light as we head towards spring - it's clearer and brighter. The birds are twittering a lot more too.

The lurgy is on the retreat at last and we both feel we are improving rapidly now. I'm not going to WI this morning though as I still get coughing fits, which would be very disruptive. to proceedings.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

Pittcity Fri 12-Jan-18 08:51:47

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Not as damp as of late. I really hate drizzly days and am looking forward to the cold and sunny forecast for next week here.
Bits and bobs day today.

Mapleleaf Fri 12-Jan-18 08:53:46

Good morning everyone,
Misty and murky this morning - another dull day, weatherwise I think.
Despite the weather, I hope today will be a good one for us all.

Marydoll Fri 12-Jan-18 10:26:51

Good morning all,
Late here today, as we have been all night at the hospital.
At midnight we got a call from SIL in a terrible state, to say that BIL was desperately ill and was having emergency surgery and could she come and spend the night with us, whilst the op was happening. A few minutes later, SIL phoned back to say BIL wanted to speak to us before his op (to say his goodbyes).
BIL had been told the chances of surviving were very slim due to his health conditions. He was so calm, but we were falling apart.
However, a miracle has happened he came back to intensive care at six this morning and is stable at the moment. He is not out of the woods yet, but we have hope.
Thank you all who have sent kind messages.
The sad thing was our DGD was going to get her dress fitting today for being a flower girl at BIL's son's wedding in March..and that is all he was worrying about.

annsixty Fri 12-Jan-18 10:47:42

I hope very sincerely that he is here to enjoy that day Marydoll.

Chewbacca Fri 12-Jan-18 10:56:31

Marydoll I'll be thinking of you today and hoping that your BIL continues to make good recovery. X

Mapleleaf Fri 12-Jan-18 13:10:06

I hope your BIL continues to make a good recovery too. Take care.