Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(24 Posts)
Mapleleaf Sun 14-Jan-18 11:54:48

Morning all,
As Greyduster says, it’s another dull and cold day here.
Had a lovely day yesterday as sister and BIL came for the afternoon and it was so nice to see them.
So sorry Marydoll that you have had more worry and stress, but as Maw says, try to get some respite as your own health is important too. I know that’s easier said than done as when loved ones are ill we have to be there for them, but it’s important to try to look after ourselves too. Take care. flowers

MawBroon Sun 14-Jan-18 10:47:22

PS Marydoll from my experience the way into and out of hospitals at night is often through A&E ?

MawBroon Sun 14-Jan-18 10:46:13

Oh Marydoll, things go from bad to worse don’t they?
Hospitals at night are very different places, I remember letting myself out of the old Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh, there was not a soul about!
You seriously need some respite -can you get back to bed today, for instance? Get off to bed at 7 or 8 tonight perhaps?
Hope you have something in the freezer so that you don’t feel you need to cook too.
Do be aware of the ongoing strain and risks to your own health. That old thing about using your own oxygen mask in a plane is sound sense.
Grey and misty here in N Bucks, off in a bit to have a soup n bread lunch with a good friend I haven’t seen for a few months other than the funeral. Think “some” chatting might ensue. smile
Take care all!

hildajenniJ Sun 14-Jan-18 10:24:29

Morning all.
Up late today. I must have needed the extra sleep! The sun is shining in my corner of Northumberland! DS is coming for lunch, so I'm just doing the usual Sunday morning things.
Oh, there is a pheasant in the garden, he must be hungry.
Have a good day everyone.

grandMattie Sun 14-Jan-18 09:40:47

Morning all!
Feeling great after having had a terrific headache all yesterday [no, not migraine].
Lovely sunshine, off to church in a mo, then making a casserole [beef & guinness] for dinner tonight.
lazy day, reading thepapers - might go for a walk...

Tippy22 Sun 14-Jan-18 09:22:25

Cold and frosty here in East Sussex but the sun is just breaking the clouds so hopefully it will be a good day for a walk on the beach. Now that the lurgy has gone I must get around to doing all those jobs I feel I have to do after Christmas like cleaning the oven. What joy. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Sun 14-Jan-18 09:16:18

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Didn't get started on decorating the bedroom yesterday and DH has a friend coming to do it on Thursday.
The weekend has turned into a CBA one.

cornergran Sun 14-Jan-18 09:15:03

flowers from me too marydoll, hope you can rest.

Greyduster Sun 14-Jan-18 09:13:28

Marydoll ??

Marydoll Sun 14-Jan-18 09:09:53

Good morning all.
Cold and wet here.
We have been at hospital all night. BIL took a turn for the worse and we were called in. He had been transferred to a new build, very large hospital last night. It was all locked up for security, and we couldn't find a way in. We got hopelessly lost and were frantic. No sleep at all again. DH has fallen asleep, so going to sit down and have tens mins reading the papers. My Sunday treat.
Thank all those you have given their good wishes over the last few days.
Enjoy all your delicious sounding meals, everyone.

harrigran Sun 14-Jan-18 09:00:09

Good morning, yet another grey day.
Haven' t heard from family so better get moving in case they descend on us this afternoon.

cornergran Sun 14-Jan-18 08:49:47

Morning All. Light cloud in our corner of Somerset. Not too bad at all. Feel more human this morning, I can’t have had the really nasty lurgy, just it’s little sister. Bit of pottering today, have some pre-cooked roast beef in the freezer so guess what’s for dinner? Gone off sweet things so no pudding. Hope poorly people mend soon.

Anniebach Sun 14-Jan-18 08:39:00

Good morning all

Greyduster Sun 14-Jan-18 08:35:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another grey, cold day in prospect in South Yorkshire today. A bit of sun would be nice. GS and his parents are coming over later for a roast dinner. When he finds out it’s beef and not pork he may be heading your way, kitty - better hide the crackling!
Have a good day, folks!

NanKate Sun 14-Jan-18 08:34:20

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

It’s a toss up between mick’s casserole and Kitty’s pork both sound good. We have a beef and wine casserole from M and S followed by Apple crumble and custard.

Don’t know what we are doing today, it looks grey and cold out there.

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

ginny Sun 14-Jan-18 08:34:16

Good morning all. Similar weather to yesterday. A bit warmer and dry .
Will be spending the day with a group of friends crafting in one way or the other.
Enjoy Sunday.

mollie Sun 14-Jan-18 08:33:27

Good morning all. I think it’s a bit too early to proclaim the state of the day but I think I can detect a tiny bit of blue in the sky. Shhh, don’t talk loudly just in case...

Big plan for today is to avoid cooking yet again. Yesterday was successful - just made a sandwich at some point - so fingers crossed for today. Oh, and waiting to see if my white flag has been accepted and a temporary truce has been agreed in a very fragile friendship. I suspect not but you have to try don’t you hmm

whitewave Sun 14-Jan-18 08:17:28

Good morning all,

My post on here is a bit hit and miss I must say!

Dull and cold. Not keen on this time of year as I really don’t feel motivated enough to do anything.

I did tidy a tiny bit of the greenhouse yesterday. Today I am supposed to defrost the freezer because I left the door ajar and it looks like it’s been snowing in there.

That sounds delicious kitty I think I will google that and see if I can get it. Berries recipes are good I think, always nice and straightforward.

We have venison chilli today which we should have had yesterday, but I couldn’t be bothered sonhave it today because the meat has defrosted.

I really must pull myself together!

Have a good productive day all

kittylester Sun 14-Jan-18 08:07:24

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is not wet and not too cold.

We are on a mission to find DH some trainers to wear for the gym - without having to take out a mortgage.

Roast pork with Mary Berry's recipe for honey tossed cauliflower and broccoli - I'll let you know!!!!

ninathenana Sun 14-Jan-18 07:56:02

Morning all.

Dull and quiet mild in Kent. H making the most of it before the forecast big chill. He's off to the allotment shortly.
I will be having a leisurely breakfast and pottering.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 14-Jan-18 07:23:10

Morning All

Dark and cold in Norfolk and no sign yet of the forecast winds. They're waiting for tomorrow when the tree surgeon is due to come!

Good to hear you're on the mend Gaga. I'm still coughing nicely, but feel a lot better. DH took to his bed again yesterday afternoon. Hopefully he'll stay there today and rest up and recover properly this time. He really isn't good at being ill.

Gagagran Sun 14-Jan-18 07:13:26

Morning Mick and Nana and all who follow. It's too dark to see out yet but I think it will be more of the same - cold, calm and dry.

I managed two of the chores on my list yesterday so am hoping that a corner has been turned in recovery from the lurgy. Now just need to entice DH to eat more!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Nana3 Sun 14-Jan-18 07:06:55

Good morning Mick and everyone. I am on holiday this week, visiting a friend.
Hope you are all recovered from the horrible lurgy.
Have a good day.

12Michael Sun 14-Jan-18 06:47:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark feels cold out but its dry, usual Sunday , made a casserole for today and tomorrow.
Mick