Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jan-18 06:50:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley this morning, week looks changeable as well.
Mick

kittylester Mon 15-Jan-18 07:24:03

Good morning Mick, morning all!

It's very cold in North Leicestershire and has been raining.

Out for lunch with friends including my most elegant friend who is celebrating her 82nd birthday. What to wear? As a group we volunteered together for years and always have a super time. Today would have been my mum's 94th birthday too.

For anyone who is interested, Mary Berry's stir fried cauliflower and broccoli was lovely but maybe needed a touch more honey.

ninathenana Mon 15-Jan-18 07:27:08

Morning Mick and everyone.

I got up at 6 am thinking we had escaped the wind and rain in Kent but it has since arrived with a vengence.

ninathenana Mon 15-Jan-18 07:27:30

Morning kitty

Gagagran Mon 15-Jan-18 07:36:34

Morning Mick, Kitty, Nina and everyone. It's dark and very wet here on the south coast and sounds windy but I haven't put my nose out of the door yet.

Need to go and get some provisions this morning as DH has now started eating again - after telling me "Don't get anything for me" when I did the big shop on Thursday. Happy he is of course but why did I take him at his word? Silly me.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs and that Marydoll has managed some sleep. sunshine

NfkDumpling Mon 15-Jan-18 07:43:55

Morning All

Wet and windy here in Norfolk - I doubt the tree surgeon will appear!

(And looking at the local forecast we’ve got snow forecast for Tuesday night!)

ginny Mon 15-Jan-18 07:58:49

Good morning. Wet and windy in N Bucks.
Had a horrible nightmare, woke up shouting . Happens infrequently thank goodness.
Not much planned for today so must sort out clothes for going away next week.

mollie Mon 15-Jan-18 08:01:16

Morning all. Ditto here in West Norfolk - dark, wet and windy and nothing heard from the tree chappy. It’s so gloomy, I can’t imagine what I’ll do with myself today hmm

Pittcity Mon 15-Jan-18 08:02:54

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Going to be a wet day.
Walking Netball this morning.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jan-18 08:07:05

Good morning all,
I don't even know what the weather is like, cannot summon the energy to look out. grin
Thank to all those who have offered kind words. I got a few hours sleep , with lots of weird dreams. My nephew will go back to London today, so we will need to be there to support BIL & SIL. BIL is very low emotionally now, having been told twice this week that he may not pull through. What do you say to someone who comes through that?.
Baby GD is still unwell, so we will need to go up and give DIL a break, as GD has been unwell all weekend and DIL has had no sleep.
I ditched the healthy eating for M&S "Dine in for two desserts", great comfort food.cupcake, cupcake
I hope everyone's day goes well.

Greyduster Mon 15-Jan-18 08:14:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I think we’ll skip over the weather!
We are planning to go to the cinema this afternoon, but apart from that, nothing much planned today.
Marydoll ?? hope the day is kinder to you.

cornergran Mon 15-Jan-18 08:22:01

Morning All. An Eeyore day sums up our corner of Somerset. Proper gloomy. Good job I planned to stay in and do some more sorting and tidying. Wishing you and your family a more restful day marydoll, difficult times, take care.

Tippy22 Mon 15-Jan-18 08:28:19

Wild, wet and very windy here in East Sussex. Catching up on chores today. Left over roast chicken for dinner. Thinking of everybody with family concerns. Try to enjoy your day everyone.

Nelliemoser Mon 15-Jan-18 08:30:00

Good Morning All Cloudy and 6C in Cheshire . I want some sunshine please.

Newquay Mon 15-Jan-18 08:45:28

Looking ok at the mo in Staffs but heading oop north this morning to visit DD2 and DGD (4) and new DGS (4 weeks). Forecast is not good either while we're there or en route☹️

Anniebach Mon 15-Jan-18 08:49:42

Good morning all. No idea what the weather is like I am still in bed, bet it's raining.

Mapleleaf Mon 15-Jan-18 09:02:10

Morning all,
There's a strange orange globe in the sky this morning - what could it be, I wonder! ?It's been raining through the night and everything looks very wet at the moment. I think we are in for a mixed bag of weather today. Oops, the globe has disappeared!
Coffee morning group later, ironing this pm.
Hope today is a good one.

MawBroon Mon 15-Jan-18 09:03:56

Good morning all, as Ginny says, wet and windy in N Bucks, not v inspiring.
Sincere condolences to Baubles on your loss, never easy however much expected.
Marydoll I do worry that you are burning the candle at both ends and probably in the middle too. Take care flowers

Greyduster Mon 15-Jan-18 09:47:12

Wow! Maple you’re right! I had to look at an old photo just to make sure I wasn’t mistaken! Blue sky!

Mapleleaf Mon 15-Jan-18 11:58:00

Didn't last long, though, did it Greyduster!?