Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(21 Posts)
Mapleleaf Tue 16-Jan-18 09:24:46

Similar to me, mollie ?

mollie Tue 16-Jan-18 09:03:46

Morning all! It’s bright and sunny but bloomin’ cold - I think can cope, anything is better than the gloom of recent days. I’m having a pottering about day, no intentions of going further than the post box. Have a good one GNers smile

Nelliemoser Tue 16-Jan-18 08:59:49

Good Morning All. I can see light clouds and blue sky here in Cheshire. That is a novelty.

Accuweather tells me there will be a break in the rain in 2 minutes but there is no rain just yet.
Flurries of rain or snow is forecast.
I have choir music to look at before this evening.
Tidying up and trying to organise and send some family history stuff to a relative.
I had better get on with things not write about them.

hildajenniJ Tue 16-Jan-18 08:58:38

Good morning everyone.
We have a sprinkling of snow in the Tyne Valley, with more forecast throughout the day. I'm going to Newcastle this morning, on the bus, (wish me luck), it is for the funeral of a much respected and loved work colleague who died on New Year's Day. I've never been to a Catholic funeral before.
Have a good day, stay upright and warm everyone.

Pittcity Tue 16-Jan-18 08:50:43

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester. The sun is peeping out hooray.?
Shopping and washing DH's fishing clothes which he's been in for 24 hours!

Tippy22 Tue 16-Jan-18 08:39:34

Very grey but much less windy than yesterday here in East Sussex. Enjoy your day everyone.

oldgoat Tue 16-Jan-18 08:38:27

A bright clear sky this morning here in York. We are off out with our walking group this morning. Better don the thermals and big boots.
Then , great excitement, off to a new WI starting in our area, if the snow isn't too deep.
Have a good day Alygran

Greyduster Tue 16-Jan-18 08:36:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has given you our weather, and it is a very peculiar sort of can’t-make-its-mind-up sky here at the moment! Sun is trying hard. Snow later. We have a quiet day planned today - some cooking I think. Courage, Alygran. Have a good day, one and all.

ginny Tue 16-Jan-18 08:32:54

Good morning all.
Breezy and chilly but dry in N. Bucks.
Car is in for service this morning so will pop into town while it is being done. Need some trousers for holiday. Hoping DH will treat me to lunch out.

Anniebach Tue 16-Jan-18 08:29:05

Good morning all

Marydoll Tue 16-Jan-18 08:25:22

Good morning all,
Fine layer of snow here in Glasgow and more forecast.
BIL has slightly improved, but still in high dependency unit Thank you all for your support and kind words..
The big test is today, when he gets his routine dialysis.
That is what caused the deterioration the other day after his major surgery. I think his body has had enough.
I think I may have caught the dreaded lurgy, do you think I may have caught it on GN? I am on often enough. grin
Alygran, I hope today goes well for you.

Alygran Tue 16-Jan-18 08:23:19

The promised sunshine

Mapleleaf Tue 16-Jan-18 08:21:06

Good morning, Mick and all,
Similar weather here, Harrigran and like you, the forecast is for snow showers later. At least it looks a bit brighter in the sky at the moment, I spy patches of blue!
A day mostly indoors today, I think.

ninathenana Tue 16-Jan-18 08:17:54

Morning everyone.

I've just opened the curtains to a beautiful sunrise and clear blue sky here in Kent. The wind appears to have dropped too.
Food shopping later but not much else planned.
I hope those feeling below parr are soon 100%

harrigran Tue 16-Jan-18 08:14:35

Good morning, grey and very windy here. Forecast tells me it is going to snow, should have done the shopping yesterday.

Auntieflo Tue 16-Jan-18 08:12:27

Morning all, it's dull and breezy here in Berkshire. Am not usually up this early, but the Heating engineer has just arrived to sort out " a noise" from the boiler pump. Then the Water board are turning off the water for approx 3 hours, and myhairdresser is coming to cut my hair. It's an all or nothing day.

Alygran Tue 16-Jan-18 08:01:40

Morning All
Almost light in North York’s today, sun may make an appearance.
Doctor this morning then travel agent to sort out a sunshine break for June. Train to Birmingham later for national charity meet up. Feeling a little apprehensive as this is my first big networking event since DH died.
Hope everyone has a good day.

kittylester Tue 16-Jan-18 06:50:10

Morning all!

It's very cold but dry in North Leicestershire.

I'm still totally lacking energy but have a hair appointment and some bits of shopping to do in town. I need to pace myself I think. grin

Enjoy you Tuesdays everyone!

Enjoy your days everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 16-Jan-18 06:43:01

Morning All

Still dark, sound windy, but at least it's not raining. The tree surgeons came yesterday and shrank our walnut tree - despite driving rain. How they have the courage to wander around on such thin slippery branches carrying very sharp saws is beyond me. Hopefully the plants under the tree will be grateful, now they can get some light.

Sorting out clothes today. At least that's the plan.

Gagagran Tue 16-Jan-18 06:37:48

Morning Mick and all who follow.

It feels colder but dry and breezy here on the south coast.

Still not fully over the lurgy but working on it. Need a trip to the library so need to muster some energy.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

12Michael Tue 16-Jan-18 06:28:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks like its cold out here in Brackley , hopefully my usual day trip out today.
Mick