Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(19 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 17-Jan-18 09:25:46

Good morning all, haven't looked out yet, forecast was snow on hills, and it was snowing at eleven last night. Hope my groceries will be delivered.

Pittcity Wed 17-Jan-18 09:12:18

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester. The sun is out and the wind has dropped. Heard it last night. Very cold.
Will wrap up and walk into town for Wednesday meetup.
Shopping and clearing bedroom for decorator this afternoon.

Mapleleaf Wed 17-Jan-18 09:01:14

Good morning, everyone.
Very cold, but brighter than yesterday at the moment. Had some snow through the night as there's a light dusting on shed roof, but not much. Looks a bit breezy, too.
Sorry to hear about your BiL having another bad night marydoll . I hope you can try and get some rest between visits and childcare. Take care of yourself too. flowers.

ginny Wed 17-Jan-18 08:49:33

Good morning.
Hope things improve soon Marydoll.
Cold and windy but dry here in N Bucks.
Sewing with friends today so lots of chatter and hopefully something finished to bring home.

cornergran Wed 17-Jan-18 08:33:55

Morning All. Bright, sunny, very cold start in our corner of Somerset. Sorry the snow has made things harder for you marydoll. Off out on the bus today, many layers planned. Keep warm and well everyone, be careful in the snow.

Greyduster Wed 17-Jan-18 08:28:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A light covering of slushy snow this morning - nothing like the apocalyptic forecast for overnight. Maybe that is coming later hmm! Nothing exciting planned for today - kitchen cupboards to sort out. Have a happy day, folks.

loopyloo Wed 17-Jan-18 08:21:33

Morning everyone. Went to see Rigaletto last night at the cinema. Really good, makes my problems seem very small. Music beautiful. Today just DGC after school, so in the warm nearly all day.

harrigran Wed 17-Jan-18 08:15:16

Good morning, gale force winds and we had snow last night. It is very cold and noisy here.
DH and I have appointments for blood tests so will need to brave it.

mollie Wed 17-Jan-18 08:00:53

Morning all. It’s blowing a gale outside so I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere. Even the birds are having a job to fly. Have a good day folks.

Nana3 Wed 17-Jan-18 07:33:27

Good morning, I am still away from home, last day today. I'd better check the weather in Lancashire before travelling tomorrow. Sorry about your BiL Marydoll flowers, hope he improves soon.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Wed 17-Jan-18 07:21:39

Morning all.

I can hear the wind but we have no snow/rain in Kent.
Marydoll I wish your BiL well, take care in the snow.

NfkDumpling Wed 17-Jan-18 07:20:48

I hope transport links open up for you today Marydoll and BiL is stable. flowers

NfkDumpling Wed 17-Jan-18 07:19:07

Morning All

No snow in my bit of Norfolk either - I think we're too near the coast, but there's a biting wind and hard rain squalls hitting the window occasionally. Not looked out to see if it's rain or hail, but it's rattling the windows.

Out to lunch today with a couple of friends. Looking forward to the walk into town, I hardly been out of the house for a day or two nursing this after flu cough.

Gagagran Wed 17-Jan-18 07:10:42

Good Morning Mick, Kitty and Mary - so sorry to hear you are still having BIL crises Mary. You must be exhausted.

We have no snow here on the south coast (Hurrah) but it is cold and windy. No plans for going out until choir this evening. DH was thinking of trying a gently bike ride this morning - first since before Christmas so he is obviously recovered! Might be a bit windy though. We'll see.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Wed 17-Jan-18 07:10:13

Morning Marydoll, I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing worry regarding your Bil!

Marydoll Wed 17-Jan-18 06:59:31

Good morning Kitty

Marydoll Wed 17-Jan-18 06:58:53

Good morning Mick and everyone who follows.
Little sleep, BIL, had another crisis ast night and we were snowed in. Couldn't get to the hospital to be with him.
More stable this morning.
We have toddler granddaughter today don't know how she will get here.
DD is supposed to be driving back from Liverpool, will try and dissuade her to stay.
The good news, the children may get a day off school and we're are well stocked up.
Where you are, stay warm and cosy.

kittylester Wed 17-Jan-18 06:56:31

Morning Mick, morning all.

We have had a small amount of snow in North Leicestershire and it is very cold.

School run day today.

12Michael Wed 17-Jan-18 06:37:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and windy here in Brackley also cold, its a job from my window to see if its icy etc.
Mick