Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(15 Posts)
mollie Fri 19-Jan-18 09:41:42

Morning Mick and all.

It’s bright and sunny NOW here in west Norfolk but it’s taken it’s time to decide. A bit like me ... no idea what to do with myself. I’ll lurk about here for a while, I think. Have a great day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 19-Jan-18 09:00:05

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cold and frosty....just how I like it!
Hemming curtains this morning for when the decorator is finished in our bedroom. Off to DD1s this afternoon to mind DGSs. Will take the toddler to visit MIL in Care Home.

Gagagran Fri 19-Jan-18 08:51:13

Good morning everyone. It is clear and dry and cold here on the south coast.

U3A this morning and my first "gathering" since the lurgy hit at Christmas so I am looking forward to seeing chums. It's a sure sign I'm feeling better when cabin fever sets in.

I really need to sort out the inbuilt freezer which keeps icing up if the door is not closed really firmly. That is on the agenda for this weekend.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Tippy22 Fri 19-Jan-18 08:47:10

Good morning everyone. Frosty start here in East Sussex. My lurgy seems to have come back again and together with my aching back I might just go back to bed again. Enjoy your day everyone.

ginny Fri 19-Jan-18 08:33:46

Good morning. Dry again, a little breeze and a slither of sun in N. Bucks.
SW this morning. Shopping with Dd3 for DGS birthday party this afternoon. Being treated to an unexpected meal this evening by friends as a thank you’ for a favour we did.

ninathenana Fri 19-Jan-18 08:30:59

Morning all.
From a bright sunny and fairly mild Kent.
I heard something yesterday that put a big smile on my face. A friend of D's who has a young family has been declared cancer free after long and arduous treatment including surgical proceedures. smile

Marydoll Fri 19-Jan-18 08:24:20

Good morning all, we have had a light covering of snow in Glasgow over the impacted snow, it's lethal.
No childminding to day, but hospital visiting.
Maw, I hope you have a lovely weekend with your GC. I'm exhausted after having one yesterday, heaven knows what I would feel with three.
Have a good day all.

MawBroon Fri 19-Jan-18 08:16:52

Good morning all, it is cold and frosty here but bright.
I wish I felt bright too though. After a week of “having my sensible head on” I have woken up reflective and teary sad
My book group are meeting here this afternoon and then I have 3 DGC for two nights, so I dare say I shall get over it.

Greyduster Fri 19-Jan-18 07:56:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A nice sunrise in South Yorkshire this morning with a hard frost, but some cloud bubbling up - we could have snow showers. I am off to York this morning and then GS is coming to stay overnight -yippee ?!
Have a good day folks

harrigran Fri 19-Jan-18 07:37:53

Good morning, we still have snow and following a hard frost it is very crunchy underfoot.
GD2's school was closed yesterday, DIL was going to try and get eldest to school but it involves a lengthy journey on country roads so it was doubtful.

loopyloo Fri 19-Jan-18 07:12:11

Cars all frosted up in East London. Must remember to allow time for scraping on the school run. Keep warm everyone.

cornergran Fri 19-Jan-18 07:08:38

Morning mick, kitty: nana and everyone coming along. No idea what it’s doing outside as it’s pitch black, no frost anyway. Bit of furniture moving, a phone call to try to sort the washing machine and some food shopping, nothing exciting. Enjoy your days everyone.

Nana3 Fri 19-Jan-18 06:50:23

Good morning from Lancashire where there is no snow, frost or rain. It's cold but I'm glad to be home from my week away ( I sound just like my Mum, I'm missing her very much).
Grandchildren coming for tea and to sleep over this evening, lovely.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Fri 19-Jan-18 06:39:40

Morning Mick, everyone.

It's cold and frosty in North Leicestershire. A pootling and faffing day today. I have to bake a cake but nothing else pressing.

Enjoy your days everyone.

12Michael Fri 19-Jan-18 06:33:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry this morning in Brackley , had my usual Chinese yesterday.
Bicester was quiet to normal , weather maybe.
Mick