Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(24 Posts)
Fizzy11 Sun 21-Jan-18 12:38:43

Afternoon All, Sleeting here in Chester but lots of cars covered in snow. Been out charity shop shopping with D to see if we can find a cot for Grandmas house. No joy.

Anniebach Sun 21-Jan-18 11:47:32

Good morning all and yes it 's raining in Mid Wales

Mapleleaf Sun 21-Jan-18 11:35:11

Morning, everyone.
Snow showers here, just getting a bit heavier now.
No plans to go out anywhere today. Will hunker down and get on with some indoor jobs.
Keep warm and cosy. ?

appygran Sun 21-Jan-18 10:54:24

Good morning all. Just surfacing from under the duvet. Damp and miserable again in Chester. Must get a move on before daughter and grandaughter arrive for lunch. Hope you all have a good day.

KatyK Sun 21-Jan-18 10:38:05

Good morning. Heavy sxnow again in Birmingham

Greyduster Sun 21-Jan-18 09:51:55

Good Morning, Michael, and all GNs. Snowing here inSouth Yorkshire too, Mick and very cold. We are supposed to be going over to DD’s for lunch today. If this keeps up that will be a no-no and she will not get her birthday cake. ☹️☹️ Stay safe folks.

NannyJan53 Sun 21-Jan-18 09:36:14

Good Morning all

Rain here, with sleet forecast.

Taking Mum to the Theatre this afternoon, to see A Viennese Strauss Gala. So out to lunch beforehand then onto the Theatre.

Took Granddaughters to a Panto yesterday, so has been a fairly busy weekend.

Keep warm and safe everyone who has snow.

12Michael Sun 21-Jan-18 09:24:08

Snowing and settling in Brackley at the moment.
Mick

Luckylegs9 Sun 21-Jan-18 09:19:59

Hi everyone, another day snowed in here, looks pretty but tests all I can say good about it.

harrigran Sun 21-Jan-18 09:02:54

Good morning, still -2 here and snow and ice remain.
Family skyped last night, they won't be visiting and we are not to attempt the journey to them.
Pleased we did a big shop earlier in the week.
Strange weather, my sister lives a few miles from me but on the coast and she has no snow at all.

Marydoll Sun 21-Jan-18 09:01:43

Good morning all,
Once again, roads are like a skating rink and we can't get out. DH needs his Sunday papers, so he is hiking across the field to get them. More snow forecast for lunchtime, the sky does look really heavy.
Hope everyone has a good day and the lurgy sufferers feel better soon.

Pittcity Sun 21-Jan-18 08:17:22

Watching Kyle Edmund atm....exciting!

Pittcity Sun 21-Jan-18 08:15:28

Good morning from a grey, frosty Colchester. Looks like it could snow here or maybe just sleety rain.
Need to get supplies for a Sunday Roast for after we have put our newly decorated bedroom back together.

ginny Sun 21-Jan-18 08:01:36

Good morning all. Dry but frosty in N. Bucks.

Off to DGS 2nd birthday party today.

cornergran Sun 21-Jan-18 07:53:14

Morning All. Dark and damp in our corner of Somerset. Two granddaughters this morning and I suspect for lunch. No, not going out if the forecast is right, rather setting them to build us an ark. Hope the new computer behaves mick, and poorly people are better very soon. These flipping lurgies do hang around. Stay warm, dry and well everyone.

mollie Sun 21-Jan-18 07:43:45

Morning Mick and all.

Veeeery cold and frosty - have been watching forecast as we’re off to MK to see the family today and don’t want to worry about snow. Fingers crossed.

Gagagran Sun 21-Jan-18 07:40:52

Good Morning everyone. It's cold and damp here on the south coast after yesterday's rain.

Out for lunch today at the cycle club's annual prize giving so it will be a bit like school speechday with a numb posterior at the end of it! Nice not to have to cook though.

Your lurgies seem reluctant to leave Kitty. Hope you have given them their marching orders?

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Jan-18 07:34:35

Morning All

Still, overcast and very cold in Norfolk. Still no snow. They keep forecasting that it will reach down this far but not a flake. DS and DGS are most upset as DS last year they moved to a house with a hill behind it, and some years ago DS made a really super-duper sledge, and they want to use it! (I don't mind. I hate the stuff!)

Nana3 Sun 21-Jan-18 07:33:53

Morning kitty, get well soon.

kittylester Sun 21-Jan-18 07:23:10

Morning all.

It's cold but dry at the moment in North Leicestershire but the forecast looks dire! DS2 is popping in but apart from that we will be nursing our lurgies

Nana3 Sun 21-Jan-18 07:18:40

Good morning Mick, Maw, nina and everyone. Hoping for a dry day and a walk in the park this afternoon. All the family coming for lunch.
Have a good day.

ninathenana Sun 21-Jan-18 07:05:28

Morning Mick Maw and all that follow.

I can't hear wind or rain other than that it's too dark to know.
A bit of pottering indoors for me, H will be going to the allotment.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Sun 21-Jan-18 06:58:29

Good morning Mick and everybody.
Pitch black outside and feeling cold here in N Bucks but with 3 DGCs staying , no chance of disappearing under the duvet!
Wishing you all a pleasant day

12Michael Sun 21-Jan-18 06:43:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cold dry start here in Brackley this morning after yesterdays mixed bag of rain/snow.
Very few people out and about yesterday , await my new computer chair from a well known company between 7 and 9.
Mick