Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Mon 22-Jan-18 06:33:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks dry outside this morning in Brackley,
supposed to a mild week ahead.
Mick

Gagagran Mon 22-Jan-18 06:54:14

Good Morning Mick and all who follow. It feels much less cold and appears to be dry here on the south coast after rain all day yesterday.

I am trying to find a suitable spot to display the rather ugly trophy DH was awarded at the cycling club lunch yesterday. I think the shelf on top of his desk might be suitable. There really isn't anywhere in the sitting room grin to show it off.

Usual Monday chores on the agenda today but not much else. Still need to sort out the freezer but it won't be today.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Mon 22-Jan-18 06:56:12

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's cold and dry in North Leicestershire with some remnants of snow or frost on lawns.

We are hoping to go to see the Winston Churchill film this afternoon.

Cold cola gammon and fried potatoes and salad for dinner.

kittylester Mon 22-Jan-18 06:57:21

Morning gaga! Downstairs loo?

kittylester Mon 22-Jan-18 06:58:35

Sorry, should have said 'congratulations' to Mrgaga.

Marydoll Mon 22-Jan-18 07:02:50

Morning all and everyone who follows.
After being snowed in yesterday, it has rained all night and the roads are now clear. DH is not amused, as he spent hours yesterday with the neighbours trying to make the road passable. grin. All that effort for nothing!
We have DGD today. If possible we will take her to briefly visit BIL in hospital. He dotes on her and we are hoping it will give him a wee boost.
Have a good day all.

Nana3 Mon 22-Jan-18 07:13:35

Good morning. So much rain and very cold in Lancashire over the weekend, hoping for improved weather I need some fresh air.
A friend is coming for coffee this morning.
Have a good day everyone.

appygran Mon 22-Jan-18 07:40:42

Good morning all. Have'nt opened the curtains yet so I have no idea what the weather is like. Shopping, housework and a visit from son and grandson today.

ninathenana Mon 22-Jan-18 07:41:57

Morning all Glad to hear it's cleared in your area Marydoll as D and partner are driving to Dunoon for interviews.
Damp but not raining in Kent. Not much planned.
Happy Mondays everyone.

cornergran Mon 22-Jan-18 07:43:51

Morning All. Still raining in our corner of Somerset, windy today too. Set the alarm for a 7am text about washing machine delivery - 3-5pm. Really disappointed, had hoped for an early one. The pile of laundry is of a worrying size and friends are coming to stay. They won’t care, trouble is I do sad. Oh well, there are worse things I guess. Congratulations to Mr G gagagran, as to the trophy, does he have a garden shed or maybe a greenhouse? Stay warm and well everyone.

Greyduster Mon 22-Jan-18 08:16:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright and snowless in South Yorkshire today. We have to do some food shopping today and then off to DDs later this afternoon for the birthday dinner we had to postpone yesterday. Have a good day, folks.

mollie Mon 22-Jan-18 08:21:35

Morning Mick and all

Damp outside but it’s not raining or snowing and there’s no fog. Yesterday’s journey to and from north Bucks from west Norfolk was ‘challenging’ but the bit in the middle was smashing.

Usual Monday morning stuff including tracking down a tree chap - why do people promise to do something then don’t?

TwiceAsNice Mon 22-Jan-18 08:51:07

Morning everyone damp in Surrey this morning but it has stopped raining. Rained here most of the day yesterday with sleet/snow in the morning but it didn't stick. Very glad as have GP appt tomorrow . Sat up in bed with a cup of tea and no real plans today except going to DD2 for tea tonight.

ginny Mon 22-Jan-18 08:56:41

Good morning.
Damp here in N Bucks but no signs of the snow from yesterday.
A few jobs and packing for holiday to do. Hate this part but will be fine once we leave.

Tippy22 Mon 22-Jan-18 08:56:45

Good morning everyone. Wet and quite mild here in East Sussex. Tidying the house after a visit from my DGD yesterday and trying to find that elusive piece of cake that I know she's hidden somewhere. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Mon 22-Jan-18 09:01:26

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. Yesterday's snow is a memory and the temperature is up.
Walking Netball this morning.

harrigran Mon 22-Jan-18 09:08:39

Good morning, 5 degrees this morning but we still have snow in the street after yesterday's heavy fall.
Washing day and other odd jobs until it gets safer underfoot.

Anniebach Mon 22-Jan-18 09:11:24

Good morning all

MawBroon Mon 22-Jan-18 09:15:15

Good morning! It seems to be clearing up and all sign of the snow is gone.
Slept until nearly 9!(apart from Hatties regular nocturnal visit to the garden around 2.30)
Having the DGCs is lovely and they were extremely good but being on the go from first thing with 3 little people who are full of energy IS quite tiring!

Mapleleaf Mon 22-Jan-18 09:41:54

Morning, everyone.
A pleasant morning so far, and less cold. Although heavy at times, the snow yesterday didn't amount to much - hardly settled, thank goodness.
Enjoy your day. ?