Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Wed 24-Jan-18 06:46:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark but windy , wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

MawBroon Wed 24-Jan-18 09:44:19

Wet and windy in N Bucks!
Glad I can stay indoors at least this morning. Jane Austen and “Mansfield Park” this afternoon.

harrigran Wed 24-Jan-18 09:24:37

Good morning, mild, wet and windy. The heavy rain woke me up during the night.
Endoscopy unit nurse ringing this afternoon to do my assessment before the procedure, I have to gather a list of drugs and so on so she can advise me about preparation.

Mapleleaf Wed 24-Jan-18 09:23:00

Morning everyone,
Still wet and windy here in South Yorkshire.
Hope you get your walk, Nankate. I'm impressed by your determination.
Hope the day goes well for you all. ?

ginny Wed 24-Jan-18 09:20:14

Good morning or rather Good afternoon from Hanoi. Sunny and warm here. Trying to stay awake until you all have your lunch . Think I will sleep well tonight.

Fizzy11 Wed 24-Jan-18 08:59:50

Morning All, Thanks to Appy I don’t even have to open the curtains to know it’s miserable outside. Two hospital appointments today then home via the City to pick up a library book I should have collected yesterday.

Marydoll Wed 24-Jan-18 08:38:47

Morning all. It's wild here in Glasgow.
Shattered, as haven't slept for the last three nights sad

Shopping for birthday cards this morning and hospital appt this afternoon.

NanKate, I have had to give up on Alendronic Acid, after being off and on it for 20 years, I am now having a serious reaction to them. Have a hospital appointment at a new clinic for patients like me. It's a horrible drug. I can sympathise. I had to make it a Sunday, as I kept forgetting when I was working, or had a cuppa, then remembered.

Enjoy your day all.

Anniebach Wed 24-Jan-18 08:37:51

Good motnjng all

NanKate Wed 24-Jan-18 08:21:59

Morning Mick Kitty and Greyduster and All you early morning folk.

Wednesdays are my Alendronic (tablet to stop osteoporosis) days where I have to take the tablet with a large glass of water and sit up straight for half an hour, then and only then am I allowed to go and get my morning cuppa.? can’t wait to be off these dratted tablets.

Wet and grey in south Bucks, so I will put on my waterproof trousers and go for my daily walk. Determined to get fitter.

Greyduster Wed 24-Jan-18 08:09:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad to hear it’s dry for a change your neck of the woods, corner! It is absolutely hissing down here in South Yorkshireand windy. We are going looking for paint at some stage - last of the bedrooms to do. Have a good day, folks.

mollie Wed 24-Jan-18 08:09:32

Morning Mick and all. Wet and windy here in west Norfolk too. I need to nip out and do some shopping but otherwise I think I’ll be dipping into the past and working on the family history. The newspaper archives are full of fascinating snippets that add texture to the bare facts. Have a good day all!

MesMopTop Wed 24-Jan-18 08:08:40

Cloudy and very hot downunda ? Belladnana, you live in OHs most favourite place in the world. Think he’d like to retire there !

cornergran Wed 24-Jan-18 07:58:34

Morning All. Dry with gusty winds in our corner of Somerset. Rain forecast later with stronger wind. Lost a large forsythia in the last gale, snapped at the base. Hope everything stays grounded today. Stay dry everyone.

Pittcity Wed 24-Jan-18 07:50:04

Good morning from a wet and windy Colchester.
I plan to go into town for usual Wednesday coffee meet up, but might change my mind ?

appygran Wed 24-Jan-18 07:49:02

Thanks Bella

Beechnut Wed 24-Jan-18 07:31:57

Good morning to all. Raining and dark in Gloucestershire this morning. I will be staying in today.

loopyloo Wed 24-Jan-18 07:30:42

Very windy here in East London. Taking stuff to charity shop this morning then to cinema to see "Darkest hour."

Nelliemoser Wed 24-Jan-18 07:28:59

Good morning all. Wet and very windy up here in south east Cheshire.

The Wednesday market will be cancelled, they can't have their stalls blowing about.
I will be able to park I when I go out though. I heard it raining hard earlier on .

Bellasnana Wed 24-Jan-18 07:18:48

Good morning everyone. Weather in Malta cloudy at the moment.

appygran you are in my lovely home town. Hope you and your sister have a happy day.

sunshine

Gagagran Wed 24-Jan-18 07:06:39

Good morning everyone! It's windy and wet here on the south coast but mild.

Choir tonight for the first time this year - shall have to catch up on the new programme which I've missed. Nothing else much planned. We'll see what the day brings and what the inclination turns to.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

ninathenana Wed 24-Jan-18 07:02:48

Morning all.

Very windy in Kent too but it's dry....at the moment.
Glad I'm not going out today.

Nana3 Wed 24-Jan-18 06:55:48

Good morning all. It's raining in Lancashire. I'm babysitting this evening and have horrid motorway drive this afternoon and again in the dark tonight.
Hope you all have a good day.

kittylester Wed 24-Jan-18 06:55:30

Morning appy!

kittylester Wed 24-Jan-18 06:54:51

Morning Mick, Chelsea, all.

It's very windy in North Leicestershire but I can't hear rain.

More sorting mum's stuff this morning and school run this pm!

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone!

appygran Wed 24-Jan-18 06:54:32

Good morning from Chester where it is windy and wet at the moment. I hope it improves before I meet up with my sister for a walk today. Hope everone enjoys their day.

chelseababy Wed 24-Jan-18 06:48:35

Morning all - same here in Bedford