Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(22 Posts)
Mapleleaf Thu 25-Jan-18 09:26:05

Good morning,
A lovely sunny, bright but, as greyduster says, cold morning here in South Yorkshire. Will get wrapped up and go for a walk in a while, I think.
I was thinking the same Tippy. How time flies by.
Very wise, dogsmother. Dose yourself up and stay where it's warm. Hope you feel a bit better in the morning.
? Maw.

appygran Thu 25-Jan-18 09:19:15

Good morning from a sunny Chester

MawBroon Thu 25-Jan-18 09:13:00

Good morning all!
Lovely sunny morning here in N Bucks.
angry BGR
Car due to be picked up between 9 and 11 (or so I thought) for its annual service so I was still in the shower when the doorbell rang at 8.30 and the poor driver was greeted by the spectacle of a distinctly grumpy granny in her dressing gown and with wet hair blush Poor man - what a start to his day!

dogsmother Thu 25-Jan-18 09:00:16

Good morning from the grey Channel Islands.
Sun ☀️ is trying to shine but it’s still grey and damp.
I don’t want to move.....opted not to go to work where they would have only sent me home with my germs anyhow ?

Tippy22 Thu 25-Jan-18 08:54:21

Don't know what happened there. Supposed to say can't believe it's month since Christmas already. Shopping today if the rain ever stops here in East Sussex.

Greyduster Thu 25-Jan-18 08:53:00

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I’m late this morning - internet was down! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it’s cold. We are going for a walk, probably a muddy one after all the rain we’ve had! Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Thu 25-Jan-18 08:52:56

Good morning all, don't know yet what weather for Mid Wales today but can't be rain, no more up there left surely

Tippy22 Thu 25-Jan-18 08:52:18

Good morning everyone. When will this grey weather end. Cant

Nana3 Thu 25-Jan-18 08:37:28

Good morning from Lancashire. I can see blue sky, yesterday turned out good.
I think age concern have lists of reliable trades people mollie.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Thu 25-Jan-18 08:30:35

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. After getting soaked yesterday, I am settling down with tea and toast to watch the tennis this morning while DH is out fishing.

mollie Thu 25-Jan-18 08:15:36

Morning Mick and all

Is it Thursday already? I’m sure I can see a hint of blue in the sky...I live in hope. Have to find a plumber today, deep joy! There’s always something, isn’t there.

Have a good one !

harrigran Thu 25-Jan-18 08:13:45

Good morning, 7 degrees and dry at present.
Have to go and have more blood taken as the practice nurse did not do the tests requested by the hospital and they won't do my procedure until they have the results. I am cross because I did ask the nurse to make sure she included the ones requested.

kittylester Thu 25-Jan-18 08:06:15

I've just read about your awful night too, glamma, wish I could help.brew

Gagagran Thu 25-Jan-18 08:05:27

Morning everyone! A clear sky and no rain here on the south coast but mega-puddles from the copious downpours of the past week.

We are just back from the weekly supermarket trip and it was very quiet which is how I like it and why we go early. I don't like crowded places much.

I went to choir last night for the first time since Christmas and enjoyed it but found it hard to sleep with all the music playing on a loop in my brain. How do I switch it off?

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

Marydoll Thu 25-Jan-18 07:59:57

Good morning all.
Dry here at last in Glasgow! Not that I'm bothered. It's tomorrow's weather in Edinburgh, I'm more interested in.
We have DGD today, I have to get bloods done and there is a very slight possibility BIL may get home from hospital. I also have some baking to do for the Edinburgh meet up. grin It's a surprise!
DH will have to go and pick BIL from hospital, as SIL will never manage on her own. So a busy day indeed.
Glamma, I'm sorry to hear about your terrible night. flowers

cornergran Thu 25-Jan-18 07:41:17

Morning All. No idea what the weather is doing. Too dark to tell. Hope it’s dry. Off out for breakfast with our friends. Enjoy your days everyone.

NanKate Thu 25-Jan-18 07:35:24

PS Have fun with the GC Kitty.

NanKate Thu 25-Jan-18 07:33:28

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

We are in for a sunny cold day here in the Thames Valley.

Off with DH to do the shopping and visit our lovely Italian cafe in our small town. The coffee is delicious and the music playing quietly in the background reminds us of our youth,

Do go to your Keep Fit Bellasnana because if you stop you will never resume. I made myself go on Monday and definitely felt better for it.

Bellasnana Thu 25-Jan-18 07:14:02

Good morning from Malta. Cloudy at the moment. Just dragged myself out of bed and am off to the gym. Why do I bother, I wonder.

Coffee with a friend later. Hope you all have a good day. sunshine

kittylester Thu 25-Jan-18 06:55:52

Morning Mick, gamma, all.

It's dry and not too cold this morning in North Leicestershire. We are off to Hertfordshire to take DD2 out for lunch and to spend some time with DGDs2 and 4 after school.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

glammanana Thu 25-Jan-18 06:45:56

Good morning everyone I am never up so early to join in so I'll make the best of it to-day.
Enjoy your day everyone.

12Michael Thu 25-Jan-18 06:28:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark but dry here in Brackley at the present moment.
Mick