Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(24 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Mon 29-Jan-18 12:37:29

ginny sounds a great holiday, and you can always rest when you come homegrin

ginny Sun 28-Jan-18 15:23:38

Nannylovesshopping. I’m not sure how to do pictures. Will see if I can work it out. We are really enjoying it. Not a restful holiday but interesting and varied. Lovely food too !

Nannylovesshopping Sun 28-Jan-18 11:43:43

ginny you hols sound fabulous, any chance of a pic

oldgoat Sun 28-Jan-18 10:22:16

Morning all.
Sorry to hear about your BiL Marydoll You were right about him coming home too soon evidently.

I've been up ages, sitting at the window doing my survey for the RSPB. Where all the long tailed tits, starlings, wrens, bullfinches, etc etc that we usually see? Think I'll have to start another hour's worth of observation. I like to get a good haul and have been grooming them for weeks with lots of delicious bird treats.

Tippy22 Sun 28-Jan-18 10:00:48

Raining yet again here in East Sussex. This weather makes me very lazy, there's so much I need to do and organise but just can't be bothered. Hey ho I'll try again tomorrow,. Enjoy your day everyone.

ginny Sun 28-Jan-18 09:52:48

Good day to you all. Heading near to evening here in Hue , Vietnam. Weather hot and humid today.
Lots of sight seeing done and a dragon boat ride.

Hope the weather cheers up for you all soon.

Nana3 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:41:26

Good morning, no sunshine at the moment but at least it's not raining in Lancashire. I'm with you nellie a bit of sunshine lifts my mood too.
Good to hear from you Newquay, I like the sound of your friendly church.
DD and DGD coming for roast lamb this lunchtime, better get busy.
Have a good day everyone.

appygran Sun 28-Jan-18 09:34:20

Good morning . Not as late as me newquay. Sunny here but I won't be going out. After avoiding the coughs and colds of my children and grandchildren I am feeling rough this morning so a quiet day. Hope everyone has a good day.

Anniebach Sun 28-Jan-18 09:24:59

God morning all

Nelliemoser Sun 28-Jan-18 09:23:18

Good morning All. The sun is just coming over the trees it looks as if it might be a good day.
My day will probably involve a compost heap. What an exciting life I lead .
I just want to get that lovely sunshine. It raises my mood no end.
Have a good day.

MawBroon Sun 28-Jan-18 09:16:56

Good morning all, misty and moisty in N Bucks today. I would dearly love to see the sun!
So sorry to hear about your BIL Marydoll - it is never ending is it not? flowers

NannyJan53 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:16:33

Good Morning all

Not long up! Weather looking a bit less grey today in The Black Country.

No real plans again today, may go for a walk later. The cook a roast chicken for dinner tonight!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Newquay Sun 28-Jan-18 09:01:21

Morning all. I don't often post but I love hearing from you all. As you can see I am a later starter than you lot! Lol! now why can't I sleep as well during the night as I want to now?
Overcast here in Staffs but looks still so hopefully will get a walk in. Off to Church this morning which is always good. Good to meet up with folks and have a natter after service over cup of coffee. Have a nice day y'all!

Greyduster Sun 28-Jan-18 08:41:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull but dry in South Yorkshire. I used to like our local Toby carvery, Mick but they turned it into a posh steak house ☹️. Enjoy your lunch. Teenagers clearing up, Baggs? I’ll have to tell my DS about that - he’s not likely to believe it happens though! We are off to buy paint today, which is almost as boring as watching it dry! Have a good day, folks.

mollie Sun 28-Jan-18 08:33:43

Morning Mick and all.

It’s dry and brightish outside, an improvement on yesterday. No plans so it’s a suck it and see sort of day.

Have a good one!

ninathenana Sun 28-Jan-18 08:22:28

Morning all.
A grey but mild day in Kent. I've just got up but H has already left for the allotment. He's making compost bins from old pallets for him and a friend today apparently.
What will I be doing, erm..........
Enjoy your lunch Mick

Marydoll Sun 28-Jan-18 08:21:49

Morning all, very wet here in Glasgow.

Mick have a lovely lunch. Baggs, I'm glad you survived the invasion.

BIL rushed back into hospital last night and now I've a chip on my windscreen. It's going to be a busy Sunday.
Woke up at six and remembered I had forgot to take the joint for tonight's dinner from the freezer. sad.

Bellesnana, I would give anything to be in Malta just now. I love going there.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Pittcity Sun 28-Jan-18 08:17:34

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester, feels much milder than yesterday.
We have nothing planned except roast lamb today.

Bellasnana Sun 28-Jan-18 07:33:32

Good morning all. Looks like a bright, sunny day here but there’s not much heat in the sun yet, well it is winter I suppose.

Really sorry your dgs kept you awake, kitty. Hope he gets rid of his cough soon, poor chap.

corner, enjoy your day . It is so tiring having houseguests, no matter how fond you are of them.

Mick, enjoy your lunch even if they do bump the price up on a Sunday.

I’m doing absolutely nothing today. Hope everyone has a good day sunshine

Gagagran Sun 28-Jan-18 07:29:19

Morning all! Glad your teenage invasion went well Baggs. Uber Grandad had to take eldest DGD plus friend to a party last night - just hope they were OK as they didn't seem to know which house it was at in the street. Difficult to spot house numbers in the dark.

It's mild and dry here on the south coast and looks like being the same all day.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Baggs Sun 28-Jan-18 07:19:22

Morning all! I know what you mean, corner wink. Minibaggs's visitors yesterday were quite refreshing, not least because in anticipation of their coming she actually did a bit of tidying up. She also cleared up after they'd left, like a 'normal' person! grin

kittylester Sun 28-Jan-18 07:02:54

Morning Mick, corner, all.

It's warmish and dry in North Leicestershire. We had a dreadful night as dgs coughed and coughed and coughed!

Have a good lunch Mick and a nice peaceful day, corner.

cornergran Sun 28-Jan-18 06:57:47

Morning Mick. Morning All. Pitch dark outside but think it’s dry. Our friends are off home today, it’s been fun but I’m exhausted now. Sounds daft but it’s the constant conversation Your lunch sounds like a very good idea mick, hope you enjoy it.

12Michael Sun 28-Jan-18 06:37:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but windy as well but its dry at the moment this morning.
Off out later to lunch at nearest Toby Carvery at Banbury , price wise they go up by £3 on Sundays and bank holidays.
Mick