Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(25 Posts)
12Michael Tue 30-Jan-18 06:30:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but dark here in Brackley this morning but also cold.
Mick

Baggs Tue 30-Jan-18 06:36:39

Morning Mick and all. I'm finding it cheering that on mornings when it isn't totally overcast there are glimmerings of light over in the east when I make my way to the bathroom at 6am.

ninathenana Tue 30-Jan-18 06:47:18

Morning Mick Baggs and all.

No idea what the weather is like as I'm still in bed and it's still dark anyway. I've been lying here awake since 4.30 when H took himself off downstairs.
Trip to the garden centre and food shopping later.
Have a good dad everyone

oldgoat Tue 30-Jan-18 06:47:33

Morning all. I can hear the birds singing this morning - love the dawn chorus, and yesterday I saw a pigeon with a twig in its beak.
Spring is on the way. Hurrah!

oldgoat Tue 30-Jan-18 06:49:22

Must remember to send off my RSPB survey tally today.

kittylester Tue 30-Jan-18 07:01:27

Morning all.

It is quiet and not too cold in North Leicestershire but, like nina, I'm still in bed.

Ironing this morning and then out for lunch. DH and DS1 are out at the football this evening!

Gagagran Tue 30-Jan-18 07:03:48

Morning all!

We have some frost here on the south coast. It was forecast and is set to disappear quite quickly.

We plan to put the "magic solution" on the patio today. It is supposed to clean it and clear the algae and make it less slippery. We'll see how it works.

Spring is definitely on the way oldgoat - we have a wren busy picking up nesting material! My favourite season.

Have a good day everybody. sunshine

cornergran Tue 30-Jan-18 07:14:32

Morning All. Bit misty in our corner of Somerset and flipping chilly. Day out today, looking forward to it, dithering over what to wear. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Bellasnana Tue 30-Jan-18 07:34:50

Good morning all. It turned out pleasantly sunny yesterday and today looks like it might be similar.

Have dragged myself out of bed and am going to the gym, although I don’t feel much like it. Not myself at the moment, very down and a bag of nerves. sad

Visiting my Pal in hospital later. She’s recovering from a broken hip but it’s a slow progress and she is bored stiff after eight weeks in hospital.

Hope you all have a good day sunshine

Greyduster Tue 30-Jan-18 07:37:17

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A gorgeous sunrise this morning. Shepherd’s warning? We’ll see! It’s very cold though. I may take a trip into town this morning. Have a good day, folks.

Sar53 Tue 30-Jan-18 07:39:00

Good morning everyone. Frosty but bright in Essex by the sea. Furniture delivery arrived at 07.00 !! Now we have the job of unpacking it and getting rid of all that cardboard, a trip to the recycling centre later today.
OH has an infected tooth and is in a lot of pain, makes him VERY grumpy. He is having it out this afternoon. I do have sympathy though sad.

ginny Tue 30-Jan-18 07:46:13

Good morning to all.
It’s afternoon here and dry and comfortably warm.
Have done Vietnamese painting and lantern making and now off to a cooking class.

NfkDumpling Tue 30-Jan-18 07:47:18

Morning All

Bright, clear and frosty here in the north of Norfolk. It's lovely to be back in the light after a week (well, five days) away on the Hurtigruten Nordnorge ship gliding in and out of the fjords of Norway. A super voyage on a wonderful ship - although some of the trips weren't quite as advertised which was a bit of a let down. Laundry today!

NanKate Tue 30-Jan-18 07:52:58

Morning Mick Kitty and Greyduster.

Bright, cold and clear in the south east today.

Hope the family have fun at the footie tonight Kitty. I know nothing about football but my almost 7 year old grandson seems to think I do. So before I see him on Saturday I will look up the listing for the top 20 clubs to be able to show knowledge of where his local club Brighton and Hove Albion]/Seagulls is in the league. Also a bit of trivia about Man City or Chelsea to drop into the conversation. ?

Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Tue 30-Jan-18 07:53:48

Good morning from a bright frosty Colchester. Housework and shopping today.

NanKate Tue 30-Jan-18 07:54:19

What fun Ginny

appygran Tue 30-Jan-18 08:06:13

Good morning. Have a good day everyone.

mollie Tue 30-Jan-18 08:11:16

Morning Mick and all

Very frosty outside. A plumber is actually coming this morning! Yay! My other plans are all shot to pieces today so who knows what will happen...

Have a good one...

Tippy22 Tue 30-Jan-18 08:12:33

Good morning everyone. Very chilly and frosty start here in East Sussex. My phone says it's one degree outside so i wont be venturing out anywhere soon. Enjoy your day everyone.

Marydoll Tue 30-Jan-18 08:16:19

Good morning Mick and all.
A damp start in Glasgow. Off into town to get DH a new suit. That should be fun, as he hates shopping. We are attending two weddings next month and he has resisted buying a new suit.
The next challenge is to get him to send all those other suits, which no longer fit him, to the charity shop.
Have a good day all.

harrigran Tue 30-Jan-18 08:17:52

Good morning, it is dull and 4 degrees with a forecast of rain in the next hour.
Must do a supermarket shop today.

Anniebach Tue 30-Jan-18 08:18:36

Good morning all

Nannylovesshopping Tue 30-Jan-18 08:58:58

ginny thank you so much for posting a pic, it's sounds an amazing holiday, do you always holiday far a field, have you always been an intrepid traveller, my son is off to Uruguay this week, am so enviousgrin

NannyJan53 Tue 30-Jan-18 09:05:33

Good Morning all

Dry, bright and sunny here but very frosty.

Off to walk the 10 mins to local hospital for a fasting blood test for Cholesterol levels! Apparently were borderline 3 months ago, so having to have another one now. Hope I don't have to go on to Statins!

Then I will have a wander around town.

Have a good day everyone.

ginny Tue 30-Jan-18 15:02:36

Nannylovesshopping, I have sent a PM