Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning WEdnesday

(22 Posts)
NfkDumpling Wed 31-Jan-18 13:01:32

Good afternoon All

Best Beloved got up early today and interrupted my on line play time! Then it was off into Norwich before I had time to wash up and only just back. Now he wants to go swimming as it’s time we got fit! I hope he’s back to normal tomorrow.

(Very wet here this morning but the sun’s out now)

NannyJan53 Wed 31-Jan-18 11:22:19

Late Good Morning,

Not long back from gym, quick shower and a relax, then off to visit Mum.

Lovely blue skies and sunny here today, was very rainy and windy early morning though

Have a good day all

Greyduster Wed 31-Jan-18 09:00:34

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. We are in for a cold, wet, sleety day today. I have some biscuit dough to make this morning and then this afternoon we are giving DD and GS a lift to the most distant of our two hospitals where he has an outpatients appointment, her car is in for service and parking there is ridiculously difficult and time consuming. A gran’s gotta do, what a gran’s gotta do! Have a good day, folks.

cornergran Wed 31-Jan-18 08:31:54

Morning All from a wet and windy corner of Somerset. Admin today, my least favourite task, would rather clean the oven hmm. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

jusnoneed Wed 31-Jan-18 08:29:54

Morning. Dry at the moment, but a chilly wind blowing here in Dorset.
First month of the year gone already.

Mapleleaf Wed 31-Jan-18 08:28:40

Good morning, all.
Very wet and windy earlier this morning but dry now for the moment and less windy. Set to be a cold, squally day apparently.

Anniebach Wed 31-Jan-18 08:24:30

Good morning all

MawBroon Wed 31-Jan-18 08:24:17

Wet again in N Bucks . Has the weather not heard of Dry January?
Can February be any worse? (Don’t answer that!)

Tippy22 Wed 31-Jan-18 08:22:30

Good morning everyone. Another wet and windy day here in East Sussex. Last day of January so hopefully nicer weather soon to come. Enjoy your day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 31-Jan-18 08:19:11

Morning all,
Wet and sleety (is there such a word) here in Glasgow. I thought it was frosty, but it is a light covering of snow in our garden.
Off to see DGD and try on her flower girl dress for forthcoming wedding. Fingers crossed as none have been suitable somewhere.
Have a good day all.

Pittcity Wed 31-Jan-18 07:59:43

Good morning from a wet and windy Colchester.
Coffee meetup in town this morning.

Gagagran Wed 31-Jan-18 07:37:12

Morning everyone! It's raining here on the south coast - again. Not sure what the rest of the day has in store weatherwise but we can't do anything about it anyway!

Choir tonight and we are working on the programme for our May concert. I love it but always find it difficult to sleep after choir - just can't turn my brain off.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Nana3 Wed 31-Jan-18 07:34:39

Good morning from Lancashire, the forecast is wet and windy but it's not raining at the moment.
Yesterday I visited the residents of the care home mum was in and had some long chats.
I have organised a meal out for a large group this evening, hoping it goes well.
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Wed 31-Jan-18 07:05:24

Well there you go the wind has blown it back again. Time to put my Glasses on.

kittylester Wed 31-Jan-18 07:03:54

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is wet and windy this morning - no surprise there as it's school run day!!

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone.

Nelliemoser Wed 31-Jan-18 07:03:47

Good Morning All. The weather is blustery and rain beating down on my windows. It was so windy a few minutes ago that it blew away the previous post I thought I had posted. Wet Cheshire.

Bellasnana Wed 31-Jan-18 07:00:58

Good morning all you early risers. We are an hour ahead in Malta and I’m still languishing in bed blush

Weather yesterday was lovely and sunny, didn’t need a coat. Looks like today will be similar.

Hairdresser this morning and meeting friends for coffee. Then visiting my friend in hospital again. She was upset yesterday as one of the carers had been unkind to her, so I will try to cheer her up. She wanted chocolate biscuits so I have a supply to take with me.

Have a good day everyone sunshine

Nelliemoser Wed 31-Jan-18 06:56:54

Good Morning All. There are a lot of gusty wind noises and rain battering the windows here in Cheshire. This information is just from the comfort of my own bed.

mollie Wed 31-Jan-18 06:49:55

Morning Mick and all. Haven’t looked out yet so no idea what it’s doing but I can hear wind.

Another day, another plumber. Deep joy.

Have a good one everybody!

NanKate Wed 31-Jan-18 06:45:28

Good morning Mick and All.

Dark and cold, hoping for sunshine.

We were going to see the Darkest Hour this afternoon however our DS has had a parcel sent to us which is arriving today, do we stay in, will it arrive, should be postpone the cinema til tomorrow, decisions, decisions?

appygran Wed 31-Jan-18 06:44:25

Morning Mick and anyone who follows. Wet and windy in Chester, need to rethink my gardening day. Have a good day.

12Michael Wed 31-Jan-18 06:41:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its been cold and frosty overnight here in Brackley, weather looks changeable.
Mick