Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(20 Posts)
appygran Thu 01-Feb-18 11:04:27

Good morning all. Still wet in Chester and I am still nursing a cold so will have a quiet day working on my memory quilt. Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Thu 01-Feb-18 09:37:13

Cold crisp and bright in N Bucks. I have no plans for today other than sorting and filing - doesn’t bode well.sad

Mapleleaf Thu 01-Feb-18 09:25:39

Good morning all,
Bright and cold here, a difference to yesterday, thank goodness, as I'm meeting a friend for lunch later.
Enjoy your day. ?

ginny Thu 01-Feb-18 09:19:52

Good morning to you all.

Lovely sunny day here in Saigon. Have visited the Cu Chi tunnels and War Remnents Museum.
Now off for a swim before a dinner cruise on the river

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 08:48:21

Good morning all, I am doing the same today as yesterday, nothing of interest

NanKate Thu 01-Feb-18 08:37:56

Morning Mick Kitty Greyduster and All.

Missed the wonderful moon experience, only another 150 approx to go before I can catch it again ?

Hope you get a downpour of rain Bella ?

Off to see The Darkest Hour.

Can you throw a sausage on the barbie for me Greyduster ?

Sunny and bright here in the south east.

Nana3 Thu 01-Feb-18 08:20:51

Good morning, blue sky in Lancashire. I'm going out for lunch too, we are keeping the cafes/pubs/restaurants of Britain busy.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Thu 01-Feb-18 08:01:02

Morning all! Just back from the weekly supermarket trip. It's cold but bright with a clear sky and the sun is coming up. Wonderful super moon last night/this morning.

Various taxi duties for DGD on the cards for today. Uber Grandad is always willing!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

harrigran Thu 01-Feb-18 08:00:36

Good morning from a cold and very windy north east. The moon is still very large and bright and has been shining in my bedroom window most of the night.

mollie Thu 01-Feb-18 07:57:12

Morning Mick and all. Bright and frosty here in West Norfolk. No plumbers today, we are finally leak feee! Yay! No firm plans, long list of chores but not much inclination. We’ll see...

Have a good one !

cornergran Thu 01-Feb-18 07:54:16

Morning All. Clear and looks icy in our corner of Somerset, haven’t tested the temperature yet. Off into Wales today to visit a friend, lunch out for us too, our second this week. This one will be healthier than Tuesdays. smile. Stay warm and well everyone.

Pittcity Thu 01-Feb-18 07:46:51

Good morning from a bright, cold Colchester. A large pile of ironing to tackle today but no other plans.

Greyduster Thu 01-Feb-18 07:39:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Blimey! February already! Soon be time to get the barbecue out?! It's freezing but dry in South Yorkshire. Yesterday's snow showers were foul. Hope there is no more of that. Food shopping and some baking today. Enjoy your day one and all.

NannyJan53 Thu 01-Feb-18 07:38:37

Good Morning all

Just back from taking Partner to train station. Its very cold out there!

Off to meet friends for lunch in Birmingham today, that after a lunch out with Mum yesterday! Seems lunches out are like buses, none for a while, then 2 come along at once smile Oh well.....it still fits in with the 16:8.

Have a lovely day everyone.

kittylester Thu 01-Feb-18 07:21:33

Bella, thank you for saying white rabbits. PRINTMISS always said it too.

ninathenana Thu 01-Feb-18 07:15:17

Morning everyone.

Breezy and chilly in Kent still only half light but the forecast is cloudy.
Have a good day everyone, enjoy your lunch kitty

Bellasnana Thu 01-Feb-18 07:04:58

White rabbits! It’s the first of the month.

Good morning to all. Weather in Malta is quite pleasant, but after the driest January on record, we really need some rain. The poor farmers are having a hard time.

Going to the gym, then visiting my friend in hospital again.

Have a good day everyone sunshine

Marydoll Thu 01-Feb-18 07:00:59

Good morning Mick and Kitty and those to follow.
Damp and cold here in Glasgow. Childminding day today. Out with sister in law and DGD to get accessories for wedding. DGD loaded with cold and very grumpy. Oh joy!
Kitty enjoy your lunch.

kittylester Thu 01-Feb-18 06:52:53

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's cold but dry in North Leicestershire. Off to Sainsbury's this morning then lunch with a lovely gnetter.

The moon was fabulous last night as I found out sitting in a traffic jam on my way home from the school run.

12Michael Thu 01-Feb-18 06:35:34

Good Morning Everyone,
still dark here in Brackley but its dry this morning , also a clear sky as I can see a star.
Mick