Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(22 Posts)
ginny Fri 02-Feb-18 10:23:46

Good morning all.
Very warm here in S. Vietnam.
Have had another lovely day. Boat trips, pony and trap ride, visiting a bee farm, sweet makers and trying different fruits whilst listening to local musicians and singers. Feet up now with a cool drink.
Enjoy the sun that some of you have.

Marydoll Fri 02-Feb-18 09:10:53

Good morning all.
Dry here in Glasgow and the sun is peeking out.
Late up today, after a day of childminding and family all appearing for dinner, as the little one was here.
A catching up day, I hope!
Enjoy your day all.

NfkDumpling, I will PM you with a possible way to shrink your scan.

Mapleleaf Fri 02-Feb-18 08:57:48

Good morning everyone,
The sun is out! Cold, though. ?

TwiceAsNice Fri 02-Feb-18 08:53:13

Morning everyone. Hope you all have a good day. It's dry but very overcast here in Surrey, it rained yesterday evening after a lovely bright day. Housework this morning, I had a friend stay Monday to Thursday so flat has only had a lick the other days, time for a clean through! Then this afternoon a walk I think if it stays dry

Sar53 Fri 02-Feb-18 08:50:21

Good morning everyone from a bright but cold Essex by the sea. A trip out to buy fish for dinner then OH has another appointment for laser treatment on his eyes this afternoon. Hopefully this will be the last time.
Have a good day.

MawBroon Fri 02-Feb-18 08:47:03

Good morning all.
Cold, clear and sunny here in N Bucks- what a nice change!

ninathenana Fri 02-Feb-18 08:46:11

Morning all

A bright and breezy day in Kent. Food shopping this morning and pottering this afternoon.
Have pm'd you kitty

Anniebach Fri 02-Feb-18 08:44:34

Good morning all

harrigran Fri 02-Feb-18 08:33:16

Good morning, cold and grey this morning. Out to lunch with sister and BIL, nothing too posh just the best fish and chip restaurant in the area.
Yesterday was bitterly cold and wind was nithering, a short walk left me unable to function for the rest of the day.

Tippy22 Fri 02-Feb-18 08:32:30

Good morning. Lovely bright morning for s change here in East Sussex although very chilly. Time to stop hibernating I think. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 02-Feb-18 08:23:05

Good morning from a bright but cold Colchester. Clouds are creeping across the sky so I expect it will rain soon.
Friday has become our day to visit MIL in Care Home. Will go before lunch today and have lunch out.

Greyduster Fri 02-Feb-18 08:15:32

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. A birthday is an exciting time for a five year old, NanKate. I hope you have a lovely day with him tommorrow! The sun is trying to get out here in South Yorkshire but it’s pretty chilly. Not sure what I have planned for today but it will involve putting one foot in front of the other a bit more than yesterday!! Have a good one, folks.

Nana3 Fri 02-Feb-18 08:12:58

Good morning all. DGC growing up and their regular Friday night with us is not happening again this week.
The weather is cold but clear and bright, might go to Leighton Moss for a bit of bird watching.
I hope you feel better today Gg.
Have a good day everyone.

jusnoneed Fri 02-Feb-18 08:08:18

Morning everyone. Hard frost to start the day here in Dorset but there is a nice blue sky and looking bright at the moment. Going to be a chilly walk to work.

mollie Fri 02-Feb-18 08:04:33

Morning Mick and all

Wet and windy here in West Norfolk. No plans today, one more suck it and see day ...

Make it count!

NanKate Fri 02-Feb-18 07:51:19

Morning Mick Kitty Bella* and All.

Snap Kitty our youngest GS is 5 today. We are waiting to be given a text by our DS to FaceTime ‘little ‘un’ to wish him a Happy Birthday and tell him we will hand over his presents tomorrow at a meet up at a NT property. It’s due to get very cold tomorrow and maybe snow ?

Pretty parky here in the Thames Valley today.

appygran Fri 02-Feb-18 07:40:59

Good morning all. Have a good day.

Gagagran Fri 02-Feb-18 07:25:16

Good Morning Mick, Nf and kitty. It's a cold, dry start to the day here on the south coast.

Our fencing man turned up yesterday and worked until 5.30pm (by the light of our security lights) on removing the old fence and garden gate. He'll be back to put the new one up with a new gate and then do some necessary re-pointing on the garage. DH is in charge of security matters so will be liaising! wink

I had another bad gastritis episode yesterday, late afternoon. Very disappointed as I thought I had beaten it.It knocks me for six even when the pain subsides. Put it down to the macaroni cheese I had at lunchtime. Back to bananas and mashed potato today. Hey ho!

Have a good day all. sunshine

Bellasnana Fri 02-Feb-18 07:19:07

Good morning all. It seems a bit windy this morning, still no rain though.

Meeting a friend for coffee this morning and then hospital visiting again. I’m trying to go every day because I shall soon be going away for four weeks and feel very bad as my Pal in hospital really needs a lot of support.

Hope everybody has a pleasant day. How can it be Friday already? sunshine

kittylester Fri 02-Feb-18 07:10:04

Morning Mick, morning Nfk, morning all.

It's quite cold in North Leicestershire but it is dry.

Butcher's first thing and then out for lunch with DD1 who is 43 today. That's nearly as shocking as me being 69!!

Enjoy your days everyone. Good luck with the scanning nfk! Hope yesterday went well, nina.

NfkDumpling Fri 02-Feb-18 07:01:53

Morning Mick, morning All

Very wet and soggy here in deepest Norfolk.

Off to art class this morning to calm myself after we spent most of yesterday trying to complete the visa forms for India for our holiday. Failed due to my inability to shrink the scan of the main passport page which must be in PDF in a format which is acceptable. I'll phone the help line today and just hope I can understand the instructions.

12Michael Fri 02-Feb-18 06:48:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with some ground frost here in Brackley this morning, usual shop today.
Mick