Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sat 03-Feb-18 06:27:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley , it appears to be rain and not sleet as I expected to see.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sat 03-Feb-18 06:35:44

Morning Mick, morning All

I just peeped out around the curtains and can see the moon behind high cloud. No rain. Hopefully a nice day in store as I'd quite like to potter in the garden for a bit. I feel the need for a bit of light weeding.

(We gave in trying to complete our Indian Visa application - partly because our internet keeps dropping out. We're paying CIBT to do it for us. It's only money)

ninathenana Sat 03-Feb-18 06:42:57

Morning Mick Nfk and everyone.

No rain here in Kent and I can't hear any wind.
Friends coming for coffee this moafternoonn we will be watching five nations this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Sat 03-Feb-18 06:44:17

@#$& phone 'this morning'

mumofmadboys Sat 03-Feb-18 06:47:36

Morning all! Raining in Cumbria. We too are going to India Nfk. We haven't attempted the visa application yet. Is it hard or is it your internet that is the problem? What is CIBT?

mollie Sat 03-Feb-18 07:06:28

Morning Mick and all - not a lot happening outside yet but the forecast isn’t very nice. Well, it will be right or it will be wrong. Six Nations starts this weekend so that’s something to look forward to. And some serious baking time is planned - I’ve finally ordered a replacement food processor and can’t tell you how much I’ve missed having one. The original lasted 35 years, I wonder if this one will too?

Have a great day everyone.

Gagagran Sat 03-Feb-18 07:37:24

Morning everyone. It looks damp and cloudy and still only half-light here on the south coast. Forecast is for rain so DH's bike club ride is looking doubtful.

The new fence is up and looking smart but I have to learn the new lock mechanism on the gate apparently. It was too dark last night to go and be instructed confused!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Baggs Sat 03-Feb-18 07:39:51

Morning, folks! Grey here and destined for a damp day, I believe. I'm feeling a bit defeated by the garden, not just my usual challenged. And we need a drainage engineer/consultant/builder but no-one is answering calls. Hey ho.

Marydoll Sat 03-Feb-18 07:44:11

Morning all, damp here. Been up a most of the night with my RA, so rather grumpy to say the least.
No chance of a lie in, as my daughter has arranged a 9am appointment for me to pay the deposit for her wedding reception.
Then off to get DGD's spare car seat fitted in my car.
Enjoy your day all.

cornergran Sat 03-Feb-18 08:17:40

Morning All. Grey, low clouds with rain forecast in our corner of Somerset. Yucky sums it up. Some light furniture moving this morning, the ongoing battle with our internet provider and then a food shop as I didn’t get there yesterday. Mr C kindly pointed out the fridge is looking a little bare, hmm. Stay warm and dry everyone.

Greyduster Sat 03-Feb-18 08:19:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very damp and cold in South Yorkshire this morning. Housework beckons ☹️.
Enjoy your day, folks.

ginny Sat 03-Feb-18 08:23:03

Good morning.
Hot and sunny here
A very early morning trip to see the floating fruit market. Now relaxing at the pool. Preparing to start our journey home tomorrow
Have a good weekend all.

Anniebach Sat 03-Feb-18 08:35:59

Good morning all

silverlining48 Sat 03-Feb-18 08:36:07

Good morning all. Its dull and grey here in kent but at least its dry. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

TwiceAsNice Sat 03-Feb-18 08:36:50

Morning all. Damp and miserable in Surrey raining in the night. Walking for the papers in a bit and then family coming for brunch. This afternoon will be watching the rugby at my daughters. My SIL is English but the rest of us will be singing the WELSH national anthem. Come on Wales!!

Bellasnana Sat 03-Feb-18 08:40:45

Good morning. It is raining in Malta, though not very heavily. Just enough to dirty the car.

Having a lazy start to the day, but will visit my friend in hospital again this afternoon. She has been there for ten weeks now and her morale is low.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone sunshine

harrigran Sat 03-Feb-18 08:41:35

Good morning, cold and grey here. Forecast is for low temperature and it is just 1 degree at present. Rest day today after being with my sister yesterday and before taking her to my DS's home tomorrow.

kittylester Sat 03-Feb-18 08:58:32

Good morning all.

I'm very late this morning. It is raining in North Leicestershire but there is snow in the forecast. I suppose I'd better get to the village while I can!

Pittcity Sat 03-Feb-18 09:00:42

Good morning from a cold, grey Colchester. Hair cut at lunchtime and off to a black tie "do" tonight

NannyJan53 Sat 03-Feb-18 09:13:30

Good Morning all.

After a gorgeous, sunny (cold) day yesterday, have awoken to grey skies and rain.

Went to see 9 year old DGD at Praise Assembly at school yesterday, where she read out a story she had written. You can tell she is an avid reader by the vocabulary she used! Must be in the genes as I was the same at her age.

Looks like it's a day for staying in and faffing! Partner will no doubt want to watch the Rugby, I will get a book out smile

Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 03-Feb-18 09:34:47

Good morning all,
Dismal and wet outside. Probably cold, too, but haven't set out yet to find out.
Going to friends this afternoon so both DH's can watch the rugby whilst we pretend to watch but gossip too! I don't really understand the game even though I've been married to a rugby fan and amateur player ( in days gone by - he can't now) for over 30 years. Still, I can't complain, he's not football crazy thank goodness. ( Apologies to you football fans out there, but it just leaves me cold).
Well, whatever your plans are for today, enjoy your day. ?

TheReadingRoom Sat 03-Feb-18 11:17:06

Morning - also dismal, wet and cold here in Mid Wales so another day indoors methinks.
Will also be watching the rugby between doing website updates and making mugs of tea!
Have all a good day smile