Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Feb-18 06:39:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside its also cloudy here in Brackley looking at a mixture of weather today.
Mick

Gagagran Wed 07-Feb-18 06:47:27

Good Morning Mick and all other early birds. Still cold and dry (so far) here on the south coast.

We have got the garden back to rights now the new fence is finished. Looks good. I think once it warms up a bit everything will start its spring growth. The daffs are showing the way already. Lovely.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Wed 07-Feb-18 06:56:03

Morning Mick, morning gaga, morning all.

It's is very cold but dry in North Leicestershire! I have a busy day - helping at a Carer's group for the Alzheimer's Society and then the school run in Derby.

Enjoy your days everyone.

NanKate Wed 07-Feb-18 07:03:30

Morning Mick Kitty and Gaga

Beautiful clear sky and bitterly cold. Aren’t we lucky being inside in the warm ? It must be dreadful living on the streets in weather like this.

We have one lone daffodil in our garden Gaga I think Spring is just around the corner.

harrigran Wed 07-Feb-18 07:07:47

Good morning, -2 here and quite frosty.
Colonoscopy at 9am so already on the starting blocks.

Greyduster Wed 07-Feb-18 07:18:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dawning clear and cold in South Yorkshire, and thankfully snowless. After being out most of yesterday I am having an “in” day today, trying to get my head round what to do to make GS’s birthday cake fit the cake topper that DD has bought! Thinking caps on! Have a good day, folks.

Greyduster Wed 07-Feb-18 07:19:16

Hope it goes well, harri - not the best way to start the day ?.

NfkDumpling Wed 07-Feb-18 07:26:15

Morning All

Good luck Harrigran. A necessary evil.

We've been having the promised snow in Norfolk but not the cold snap as most of it melts and there's no ice about. Very wet and soggy out. DGS will be most disappointed.

ninathenana Wed 07-Feb-18 07:33:55

Morning everyone.
Damp and a not too chilly one degree in Kent. We had a couple of snow flurries yesterday but it didn't settle.
Out to lunch with a friend today. She's treating me for the birthday I had a couple of weeks ago.

kittylester Wed 07-Feb-18 08:02:01

Sorry Harri, I meant to wish you luck earlier.

Nelliemoser Wed 07-Feb-18 08:02:07

Good Morning All. We have a heavy frost minus 5c . That will not do some of my garden plants much good.

Marydoll Wed 07-Feb-18 08:08:57

Good morning all. It's minus -5 degrees here.
Off to meet friends for lunch. DH has the dreaded lurgy, so he will be glad to have the house to himself.

Good luck with the procedure Harri.

ginny Wed 07-Feb-18 08:17:45

Good morning.
Clear and cold in N. Bucks but also a glint of sunshine.
Looking after DGS whilst Dd3 goes to an appointment.
This afternoon I’m running the project at craft club.
DH off to badminton this evening so a few hours to myself.

farview Wed 07-Feb-18 08:23:00

Good morning one and all,just been for fuel/papers and it's Frrrreeeeezzing!!!!! Lancs,. All have a good day,keep warm,

mollie Wed 07-Feb-18 08:24:25

Morning Mick and all

Snow and ice this side of Norfolk. It’s actually snowing as I type although only lightly. Just as one lot thaws it starts again. Never mind, could be worse.

I’ve got an appointment for torture today: hairdressers. Am wondering if I could postpone?

Keep looking for signs of spring everyone.

cornergran Wed 07-Feb-18 08:25:16

Morning All. Blue sky in our corner of Somerset. Not been out to test the temperature. Sending good luck vibes to harri, it will be over soon. More flipping decorating today, with luck we can start putting the room to rights. Stay warm and well everyone.

Anniebach Wed 07-Feb-18 08:28:01

Good morning all x

Sar53 Wed 07-Feb-18 08:29:16

Good morning all from Essex by the sea. A light dusting of snow overnight and trying again at the moment. Looks cold out there.
I'm off to the hairdressers this morning then an afternoon in the warm. Have a good day everyone.

JaneD3 Wed 07-Feb-18 08:47:24

Morning from Leicester. The window cleaner has just finished but several windows froze on him!

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Feb-18 09:07:57

Good morning, all.
Very bright and sunny here, but freezing cold (-1). At least it's not snowing.
All the best, harigran, hope it's not been too unpleasant.

Pittcity Wed 07-Feb-18 09:11:53

Good morning from snowy Colchester. It's very light and only settling on cold cars.
Not going to usual Wednesday coffee as we have DGS2 today.