Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(24 Posts)
12Michael Sun 11-Feb-18 06:35:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks a clear sky above Brackley its also dry at the moment as todays forecast looks a mix.
Mick

MawBroon Sun 11-Feb-18 07:10:27

Good morning from N Bucks.
A clear sky and it looks very cold. I think I’ll put off checking HOW cold for a couple of hours though.
Yesterday’s ballet was stunning!
Some of you who have seen it already will know what an amazing production it is. The dancer who was “Angel” was particularly impressive.
A lovely treat.
Wishing you all a pleasant day - keep warm!

Granbythesea Sun 11-Feb-18 07:29:50

Good morning
This is my first post. I’ve only recently after a long wait, become a gran. I’m a wee bit out of touch so this is a good site for me to get with it.
It’s just getting light here in fife. Spring is on the way

cornergran Sun 11-Feb-18 07:49:20

Morning All. Clear and cold in our corner of Somerset. So good to see a blue sky. Off out today, be good to have a stretch. The ballet sounds wonderful maw, hello granbythesea, love your name, hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

ginny Sun 11-Feb-18 08:00:11

Good morning. Not too bad in N Bucks. Cold but dry and a bit of sunshine.
Glad you enjoyed the ballet Maw.
Quiet day but going to the cinema this evening.

Bellasnana Sun 11-Feb-18 08:22:19

Good morning everyone, and a warm welcome to Grannybythesea. Many congratulations on becoming a granny. flowers

Weather in Malta has calmed down considerably after yesterday’s deluge! We had a months worth of rain in 17 hours which makes up for the driest January on record. Sadly, there was one fatality caused by the strong wind blowing a tree down, which crushed a car and killed the driver sad

Going out with DD3 later on so hope it stays dry. We might even catch a bit of the Carnival celebrations.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday sunshine

mollie Sun 11-Feb-18 08:25:04

Morning Mick and all.

Bright and dry here in West Norfolk, I am surprised. Goodness knows what we’ll get in the next few hours, the weather is so unpredictable.

No big plans other than catching up with the sport and maybe having lunch put later. It’s a suck it and see day for us. I have made a promise to myself to stay off the politics threads though...

Have a good one, everybody.

harrigran Sun 11-Feb-18 08:29:53

Good morning, it is sunny but cold here and there is a sprinkle of snow on the grass and cars.
Welcome Granbythesea.

Nelliemoser Sun 11-Feb-18 08:33:48

Good Morning All some clouds and signs of rain but blue sky has been seen here in Cheshire . I am off to do my packing for a short break on Monday.

That is if the washing I did yesterday will be dry.

If not I will have to hang things over the car seats.
warm woollies needed.

NfkDumpling Sun 11-Feb-18 08:35:35

Morning All

Cold, bright and breezy in the north of Norfolk. And dry!!

No plans for today. I've a fancy for curling up with a library book, but we're sitting a GDog this weekend so I have to go out for a walk at some time. He obviously thinks I should get dressed and we should go NOW!

Nelliemoser Sun 11-Feb-18 08:39:39

Granbythesea Welcome to Gransnet. Congratulations on being a granny at last. So tell do please tell us about the grandchild. You are allowed to boast about him/her.

We have been a bit short of new babies to celebrate on GN recently.

Baggs Sun 11-Feb-18 08:44:10

Morning, folks! Sunshine and snow sprinkles here. DadBaggs and I are off to hear some chamber music later.
Has anyone else got frogspawn yet? ?

Greyduster Sun 11-Feb-18 08:52:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but we have had a sleety something or other, I am told! We are supposed to be watching a football match this morning, but I already have my book of ‘1001 excuses not to go and watch a football match’ out and can’t seem to find the right excuse!! Out for a meal later to celebrate GS’s birthday.
Welcome granbythesea! Have a good Sunday everyone!

Greyduster Sun 11-Feb-18 08:53:20

Is it catching, Baggs?

silverlining48 Sun 11-Feb-18 08:53:52

Good morning all, it’s sunny and bright here in north Kent but no doubt still very cold out.
Welcome granbythesea and congratulations

Over the last two nights managed a good nights sleep without the aid of medication so am feeling happy because meds make me feel groggy in the mornings.
Have a nice day everyone and take care.

kittylester Sun 11-Feb-18 08:55:27

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is bright and sunny after rain first thing.

I am late this morning as we have been watching CBeebies with 2 wriggly girls in bed.

Welcome and congratulations grannybythesea. Have a look round the other threads - there's lots going on.

silverlining48 Sun 11-Feb-18 08:55:38

Oh and enjoy the carnival bella. My girl is in Cologne this weekend. It always sounds fun.

Gagagran Sun 11-Feb-18 09:04:33

Morning everyone from a bright and sunny south coast and it's definitely a bit milder.

DD brought me some in-bud daffodils yesterday and they are already opening up and bringing a lovely touch of spring to the house. The garden daffs are in bloom too and cheer all who see them. I love spring flowers!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Pittcity Sun 11-Feb-18 09:13:54

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester.

Welcome granbythesea
I wish I could go somewhere warmer for Carnival!

Mapleleaf Sun 11-Feb-18 09:24:10

Good morning everyone,
Sunny spells and sleety rain here. Breezy too, though not as strong as through the night.
Welcome, grannybythesea and congratulations on becoming a gran. You must be thrilled - keep us posted??
Hope today is a good one for you all.

Bellasnana Sun 11-Feb-18 09:36:13

Pittcity it’s not very warm here, unfortunately. Maybe Brazil would be better grin

Marydoll Sun 11-Feb-18 10:09:59

Good morning all.
It's very cold here, had to scrape frozen snow from my windscreen this morning, but there is none on the ground.
Off to a birthday lunch in a new restaurant in town, where there will be quite a few familiar faces, so we are looking forward to it.
Welcome grannbythesea. Keep your eye out for the next Edinburgh meet up, there are a few Fife grans. It's a nice way to make new friends.

hildajenniJ Sun 11-Feb-18 10:25:06

Good morning everyone.
I'm very late this morning after all that rain last night pounding on my velux windows! Sleep eluded me for hours. We are going out with very good friends for afternoon tea later. I've been busy putting my outfit together and realise that I do not own a dress!!! I hope the hotel is nice and warm.

Sar53 Sun 11-Feb-18 11:16:18

A Very late good morning . I am at DD1 in the Midlands. Off to watch DGD1 in a gymnastics competition this afternoon. She is very excited as it's her first competition.
Lovely and sunny today after lots of wet and windy weather. Have a good day everyone.