Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(24 Posts)
12Michael Tue 13-Feb-18 06:33:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but cold and windy outside here in Brackley this morning, off to get some pancakes today.
Mick

NfkDumpling Tue 13-Feb-18 06:43:30

Morning Mick, morning All

A dark, starry, cold, still night outside. And I think we may have had a very light dusty of snow! We did have some a week ago but it was gone by ten.

I woke at silly o'clock this morning despite not having gone to bed until around midnight. I suspect I may need an afternoon nap today.

NfkDumpling Tue 13-Feb-18 06:44:38

(Is it pancake day? I thought it was next week)

Gagagran Tue 13-Feb-18 06:52:24

Good Morning Mick and Nfk and all who follow. It's been windy overnight and set to continue here on the south coast. No frost though and rain is forecast this morning.

It is pancake day Nfk - how quickly it seems to have come round this year. Lemon and sugar on ours!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

ninathenana Tue 13-Feb-18 06:54:09

Morning everyone.

Yes, pancake day today yum, yum, H makes ours.
It's blowing a hooley in Kent with rain forecast. I have to drive to next town to take DS to specsave this morning and then a bit of food shopping and take him for a late birthday (Sunday) lunch.

harrigran Tue 13-Feb-18 07:18:18

Good morning, it is cold with a promise of snow starting in one hour.
DH has hospital appointment and my hairdresser is coming.
Pancakes for lunch probably with maple syrup.

NfkDumpling Tue 13-Feb-18 07:30:15

Bang goes the diet for today then!

ginny Tue 13-Feb-18 07:31:58

Good morning.
Another cold and breezy start here in N. Bucks.
Brother and SIL visiting today. Might wander down to the town to see the pancake race. Will make our own pancakes this evening.
Don’t eat too many !

Newquay Tue 13-Feb-18 07:33:19

Good morning all. I always read your posts but don't always post myself. I love hearing weather reports from all round the country-and abroad too.
We're expecting the delivery of our new 3 piece suits this morning at 8am. Our front drive looks like a skating rink! No doubt they'll be young strong folk like the ones who came yesterday to take away old suite yesterday to local Hospice shop.
The hairdresser at 9am, French conversation this afty and collect DGC from school.
Enjoy your pancakes everyone-yes it IS today.

kittylester Tue 13-Feb-18 07:35:25

Morning all!

It's cold and windy in North Leicestershire. I'm currently watching CBeebies in bed but need to get up and get ready to go and see Paddington 2.

I know how to live!!

Bellasnana Tue 13-Feb-18 07:43:50

Good morning everyone. It is cloudy in Malta at the moment and the forecast predicts strong winds for later.

Enjoy your pancakes, I can’t be bothered to make them just for myself.

Visiting my friend in hospital later, then must get started on some packing as I’m off to see my girls in the US on Sunday.

Have a good day.sunshine

Greyduster Tue 13-Feb-18 07:50:30

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold grey and breezy in South Yorkshire this morning. We are out later today but pottering around until then. Pancakes. Mmm! Maybe, if I can be bothered! Have a good day folks.

mollie Tue 13-Feb-18 07:52:31

Morning Mick and all

I haven’t made pancakes in years but I will today. Lemon and sugar here too. Otherwise the level of excitement for today is a pile of ironing, all OHs shirts! Wonderful...not!

Sad to say it’s miserable and cold outside so I’m wondering if yesterday’s tempting and cheering blue sky and sunshine was just a dream...I hope not.

Have a good one everybody.

Pittcity Tue 13-Feb-18 08:04:45

Good morning from a grey, breezy Colchester.
I'm not keen on pancakes so DH has had the small packet ones with maple syrup for breakfast.

Anniebach Tue 13-Feb-18 08:12:32

Good morning all . Raining in Mid Wales . Not making pancakes just for me,

Marydoll Tue 13-Feb-18 08:23:04

Good morning all,
Thoroughly miserable weather here, but better than the snow of yesterday.
Unexpected childminding this morning. Two year old DGD is very unwell, sounds very chesty.
Off to town in the afternoon to take back DH's expensive new suit, which was being altered. Both legs are too short and one is shorter than the other. confused He knows I'm mad at him, as he should have tried it on last week. So now he is treating me to a pre-theatre meal and offered to let me do some shopping. shock!
Have a good day all and enjoy your pancakes. Scotch pancakes for us with butter!

farview Tue 13-Feb-18 08:40:58

Morning All,so cold in Lancashire!! Cannot believe it's Ash Wednesday tomorrow...slow down year!!!!

cornergran Tue 13-Feb-18 08:49:42

Morning All. Flipping cold, wet and windy in our corner of Somerset. The wind is howling, not a nice morning. Up before 7 as we have a furniture delivery due between 7am and 1pm - looks like its not coming early then. There wil be pancakes here later, although not sure I should say this I'm not that fond of them. Stay warm, dry and well everyone.

Nana3 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:06:51

Good morning, grey skies and windy in my part of Lancashire farwiew.
Have a wonderful time with your girls Bellasnana how exciting for you.
I will make pancakes for my lunch. Thanks for the reminder Mick I completely forgot it's today.
Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Tue 13-Feb-18 09:19:42

Good morning everyone,
Grey, cold and wet here today, such a contrast to yesterday's sun and blue sky.
I'm helping at a pancake party at church tonight - will probably be too busy to have one myself!
?*nfk*, but it's Lent starting tomorrow, so you can leave the diet today, have a pancake, then give up something for Lent! ??

Nelliemoser Tue 13-Feb-18 09:22:30

Good morning . I am in Shropshire and it is B cold with a wind chill of Minus 5. Off to sing shortly.

12Michael Tue 13-Feb-18 09:32:36

I shall have my pancakes later this afternoon around 2 ish in a café in Buckingham.
Weatherwise its cold and grey here in Brackley , with some wind chill thrown in
My Niece in Canada posted on Facebook a pancake with pink gin and prossesco
Mick

NannyJan53 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:37:03

Good Morning all

Cold, wet and windy here in The Black Country.

Meeting a friend for lunch in Bridgnorth today, think we will be staying in café and not wandering round the town too much!

Then make a Cottage Pie for dinner tonight.

Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Tue 13-Feb-18 10:20:12

Good morning from a grey N Bucks.
Let’s hear it for Night Nurse - 6 hours sleep!
Headache gone but temp still up (38.7 and 38.9) and I feel as weak as a kitten
Cleaner due any minute and I had hoped to be showered and dressed, but no chance sad