Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
harrigran Wed 14-Feb-18 08:58:30

Good morning, cold but dry here.
Lunch in Durham today, we always celebrate Valentine's day.

Nana3 Wed 14-Feb-18 08:54:19

Good morning Mick and everyone, wet and windy forecast for Lancashire. Good luck at the dentist NanKate, I always worry before a check up as my teeth are deteriorating now.
Have a good day everyone flowers.

MawBroon Wed 14-Feb-18 08:39:12

Good morning all
Cold and suny in N Bucks but I am unlikely to be straying far from my bed today. ?????

ginny Wed 14-Feb-18 08:38:12

Good morning all.
Dry and sunny at the moment in N. Bucks.
Going to try an armchair yoga class this morning. Useful if you can’t kneel maybe.
Some tidying jobs this afternoon and a club meeting this evening.

Pittcity Wed 14-Feb-18 08:29:30

Good morning from a cold, grey Colchester. Coffee meetup in Colchester this morning.

TwiceAsNice Wed 14-Feb-18 08:11:11

Morning all it is dry and bright here in Surrey after several days of cold and rain. Very glad as I have an appointment at the hairdressers this morning and have to go later to pick up a new sick note at the doctors. Should have been ready yesterday but they messed up. Have to go on the bus as can't drive again yet . Will be so glad to just be able to get into the car again. Grandchildren for tea and sleepover tonight must think what to do for tea. Have a good day everyone

Mapleleaf Wed 14-Feb-18 08:11:09

Good morning, everyone.
A cold, frosty morning here. Sun still out but cloud building up.
Car in for service & MOT today. Hope it's not going to cost me a fortune!

mollie Wed 14-Feb-18 08:09:25

Morning Mick and all

Standard dull and damp here in West Norfolk this morning. Depressing.

Happy Valentines Day everybody smile

NannyJan53 Wed 14-Feb-18 08:03:56

Good Morning all

Dry and bright here at the moment. I am off to the gym shortly, then over to Mums, with a nice bunch of flowers as it is Valentines Day.

I had a lovely bottle of Angel perfume this morning. Just goes to show he did make a mental note a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned I had just finished the bottle smile

Arranged to meet a friend for lunch yesterday, when she was late I texted her, she rang immediately, mortified that she had forgotten! She came straight over though and we did have a nice lunch and natter.

Have a lovely day everyone

cornergran Wed 14-Feb-18 07:54:35

Morning All. Guess what? Grey and wet in our corner of Somerset. Please can we share some clear sky? Littlest is here today so really, really wanted a dry day. Oh well, we can re-build our home when he’s gone grin. Enjoy those chocolates kitty, stay warm, dry and well everyone.

Bellasnana Wed 14-Feb-18 07:54:31

Good morning all and a Happy Valentine’s Day to all who celebrate.

Enjoy your chocolates, kitty, I’m envious wink

Weather in Malta is not very good so far. Cloudy and cold.

Have a doctor’s appointment this am, then a lot of errands to run. It is a lot of work getting ready to go on holiday for a month grin

Have a lovely day, everyone.flowers

Greyduster Wed 14-Feb-18 07:53:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright start but a very hard frost in South Yorkshire this morning. Carpet being delivered and fitted will finish off all DH’s decorating efforts for the foreseeable future. He is full of cold so I don’t think we will be going far. Have a good day, folks.

Marydoll Wed 14-Feb-18 07:52:54

Good morning all.
Dry, but a cold and icy wind here.
Pretty tired after two days of DGD, so a catching up day.
At least I'll get a chance to watch "Homes under the Hammer", instead of "Peppa Pig".
Have a good day all.

kittylester Wed 14-Feb-18 07:45:27

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is very cold.

Last morning of CBeebies watching in bed, at least for a while. DD2 and girls are off home before lunch then I have the school run in Derby this afternoon.

I love Valentines Day especially when DH buys me lots of individual packets of my favourite Thornton's chocolates.grin

Oopsadaisy12 Wed 14-Feb-18 07:33:41

Red sky this morning and a sharp frost here in Oxfordshire, DGC s are staying here and one is poorly with an eye infection and sore throat. Another ‘indoors’ day I think, apart from a quick whizz around with their dog, who also came to stay.

Gagagran Wed 14-Feb-18 07:28:36

Good Morning everyone! The sun is coming up here on the south coast but there is a bit of frost and we are promised rain from mid-day,

Choir this evening for me and we are rehearsing for our next concert in May. Very enjoyable but I always have trouble sleeping afterwards as my brain won't switch off.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Wed 14-Feb-18 07:10:40

Morning All

Very grey in Norfolk. The forecast overnight rain seems to have passed us by, which is great as the ground can't absorb any more, and there's a brisk freezing drying breeze.

Off to spend the day at our local NT pile. Thermal undies today methinks.

NanKate Wed 14-Feb-18 06:50:31

It’s an excuse Nina to eat more and open a bottle of wine thanks to M and S.

NanKate Wed 14-Feb-18 06:48:39

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and cold in S Bucks.

Off to have a check up with dentist and a scale and polish by a charming chap called Manchu

ninathenana Wed 14-Feb-18 06:47:47

Morning Mick and everyone.

Just getting light in Kent, there's no wind and the pavements are damp.

Happy Valentine's day for those that give a flying .....grin

12Michael Wed 14-Feb-18 06:36:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its cold and icy looking out after all that rain/sleet yesterday.
Today locally is supposed to be dry and bright here in Brackley.
Mick