Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 18-Feb-18 06:40:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry in Brackley at the moment , yesterday weighed 110kg trying to keep weight low due to diabetes's 2 , so went to Bicester Argos and brought to 5kg dumbbell's, heavy carrying back home in a bag with other shopping , and weight as dropped again.
intend to exercise to reduce weight, so then when I have my bi annual blood test and see nurse it will look better .
Mick

kittylester Sun 18-Feb-18 07:07:05

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's calm and clear, as far as I can see in North Leicestershire. I hope it doesn't rain as we are watching DGS2 play football at 9.30 in South Leicestershire. shock

After that we will continue our search for truffles or dinner this evening will be rather bland!

Be careful exercising Mick!! We don't want you laid up.

12Michael Sun 18-Feb-18 07:38:35

Its foggy here in Brackley at the moment
Mick

Gagagran Sun 18-Feb-18 07:40:28

Morning Mick and kitty and everyone!

We have had overnight showers here on the south coast but it seems brighter now as the high clouds are clearing.

You need a truffle pig kitty - do they have them in your neck of the woods? Maybe one of the puss-cats could learn? Or maybe not!

Have a good day all GNs and beware of those dumb bells Mick - mind your toes if you drop one. grin sunshine

Nelliemoser Sun 18-Feb-18 07:43:26

Good Morning All. Mick I found the 5:2 diet very helpful. It takes a heck of a lot of excercise to shed just a few calories. Watching calorie intake has to be part of this plan.

Marydoll Sun 18-Feb-18 07:58:44

Good morning all.

mollie Sun 18-Feb-18 08:02:06

Morning Mick and all

It’s clear and crisp here in west Norfolk, much the same as yesterday which turned out to be a smashing day. Spent yesterday at our local NH place walking the estate, admiring the snowdrops and going ‘aw’ and ‘ahhh’ at the lambs born that morning. A clear sign we’ve survived another winter...

Today it’s, erm, er, roast lamb for lunch...

Good idea and good luck with the plan, Mick. Every little helps with type 2 Diabetes.

Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Sun 18-Feb-18 08:15:34

Good morning, -1 here but nice and dry.
GD just got up so the day begins.

NfkDumpling Sun 18-Feb-18 08:18:06

Morning All

Just as bright and very crisp in my bit of Norfolk too Mollie.

We went to Minsmere for the day yesterday and finished up with a wonderful murmuration display. Definitely worth going if the weather holds today and you're in the vicinity. Dress up warm though! (Show starts around 5.15 but get there early before the car park is full!)

Not doing much today. Too stiff.

ginny Sun 18-Feb-18 08:29:14

Good morning all.
Misty and damp in N. Bucks. Hope it clears as off for a family walk in the forest this morning.
We have friends coming for dinnner this evening so all prepared in the slow cooker.

ninathenana Sun 18-Feb-18 08:42:40

Morning all.
Bright and sunny in Kent same as yesterday.
H too himself off to the allotment before I was up, so leisurely breakfast and read the papers for me.

Greyduster Sun 18-Feb-18 08:47:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and misty in South Yorkshire. Family dinner later. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Sun 18-Feb-18 08:50:11

Good morning all, raining in Mid Wales

appygran Sun 18-Feb-18 08:55:16

Good morning Mick and all. Good luck with the dumbells Mick, you have just prompted me to get my weights out and start using them again regularly. If I keep them by my chair I can strengthen arms and shoulders while watching TV. It's always a good idea to keep strong, fit and healthy as as we age.

Dry here in Chester so I will be out for a walk later but at the moment I am enjoying a leisurely mug of coffee in bed after a hectic half term. Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Sun 18-Feb-18 08:59:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester. There are clouds scudding across the sun so maybe not as bright a day as yesterday.
Aching from a long walk along the river yesterday. Will need to take a walk today so I don't seize up. Roast chicken here tonight.
Will we all be drooling over the new look Mick?

cornergran Sun 18-Feb-18 09:31:25

Morning All. Grey and cloudy in our corner of Somerset. Would like to see sunshine if it could be arranged. Germs alive and well here so I’m still in bed and plan to be here for a while yet. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

annodomini Sun 18-Feb-18 09:56:39

Good morning from Cheshire. The morning started well; then I fell asleep again and it's now typically grey. Did I dream that early sunlight?

NannyJan53 Sun 18-Feb-18 11:28:31

Late good morning here.

Not long back from DD's babysitting as I stayed overnight. so 2 girls and 3 Labradors (they have 1 and are looking after friends 2 for the week!)

Relaxing afternoon, roast chicken for dinner tonight!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone