Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Thu 22-Feb-18 06:54:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Up late this morning , its daylight and its grey and frosty this morning in Brackley.
Off out later on a coach trip to see 42nd Street at Drury Lane tonight.
Its well organised pick up in town then other pick ups then straight to London, organiser gives tickets at last pick up.
Mick

ninathenana Thu 22-Feb-18 07:00:09

Morning Mick and everyone.

Day light in Kent but a very grey sky.
Out to lunch with a friend today. Enjoy the show Mick it's on my wish list but sadly not H's cup of tea.

cornergran Thu 22-Feb-18 07:01:27

Morning Mick, morning All. Awake early for me, it’s certainly cold, looks frosty too. Can cope with that as it’s dry. Enjoy your trip mick, sounds both well organised and fun. Off out with friends today, they tend to be tardy so have arranged to meet in a comfortable cafe. Should get two coffees in smile. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Thu 22-Feb-18 07:01:52

Morning nina

kittylester Thu 22-Feb-18 07:17:29

Morning all!

It's looking damp in North Leicestershire but I'm staying put so I don't mind.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 22-Feb-18 07:39:49

Good Morning all

Grey and dull morning here!

Had a lovely lunch with 2 DGS's yesterday, then onto Baggeridge Country Park. Today is lunch with the same GD's and DD, DS and DIL and their 2 girls, plus Mum!

I am taking Partner to Hospital shortly for a Gastropscopy, then either wait or come home and wait for call to pick him up.

Enjoy your day everyone, I have seen 42nd Street Mick and enjoyed it!

Marydoll Thu 22-Feb-18 07:40:11

Morning all,
It was still very dark at 7aam, but all of a sudden it's quite light. What a difference it makes.
DGD again today smile , so a walk to the fire station, where the firefighters sometimes invite us in, is planned. I do like a man in a uniform. grin
We are tired this morning after our day on the train yesterday, planning toilet stops for DGD and her insisting on watching the buses and absolutely no shopping. She was great, no "accidents".
I've had bread baking during the night, can't wait for a slice and a cuppa.
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Thu 22-Feb-18 07:45:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Some breaks in the cloud at the moment in South Yorkshire, but not sure what the day is set to bring weatherwise. Waiting the arrival of GS for the day. We are supposed to be going swimming, but I am full of cold, so DH might have to take him.
Have a good day, all.

Pittcity Thu 22-Feb-18 08:10:46

Good morning from a cold grey Colchester.
I haven't decided what to do today as I still feel like hibernating.

Oopsadaisy12 Thu 22-Feb-18 08:11:03

Morning everybody, frosty here but lovely sunshine, off up onto the Downs in a minute to take car to have it’s service and MOT, it’s a lovely drive in this weather.
DH will follow me as we are then heading down south to visit his DM in hospital, they are sending her home on Monday after a fall, she broke her pelvis, so we hope, with the care package in place, that she is well enough to cope on her own. Pity we won’t have time to go to the beach whilst we are down there, but who knows? Have a good day everybody.

mollie Thu 22-Feb-18 08:13:26

Morning Mick and all

A very cold and frosty day here. Brrrr! I think I’ll be staying home keeping warm and tackling the ironing mountain. I’m going to have to tell OH he has to stop wearing clothes as it’s all his stuff!

Enjoy your evening Mick. Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Thu 22-Feb-18 08:14:50

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Grey and cold in South Bucks.

Have fun Mick I remember seeing 42 Street about 50 years ago with my dear Dad, happy times.

Preparing to go and help out again with our dear GSs tomorrow for the weekend. It’s lovely but such hard work but we are more than happy to do anything for our DS going through a difficult divorce.

ginny Thu 22-Feb-18 08:23:02

Good morning.
Dull but dry here in N. Bucks.
Play date with DGS2 this morning after dropping the car off to have some cosmetic work. Last week a gust of wind snatched it out of DHs hand and it caught on a wall.

Anniebach Thu 22-Feb-18 08:27:52

Good morning all

harrigran Thu 22-Feb-18 08:37:55

Good morning, cool but bright and sunny here in the north east.
Dental check up this morning then a fish and chip lunch out in the next seaside town.

Gagagran Thu 22-Feb-18 08:42:16

Morning all! Lovely clear, bright start here on the south coast and not as cold as expected.

Just back from the weekly supermarket trip. Car was serviced yesterday and now the booster on the heater will only work at maximum. It was fine before it went in! DH is looking at it but I suspect it means a return trip to the garage. Really annoying!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

Nana3 Thu 22-Feb-18 08:43:48

Good morning from Lancashire, it's cold and bright here.
I will be doing a snowdrop walk today.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Thu 22-Feb-18 09:44:07

Good morning everybody. Cold, grey and misty in N Bucks and my virus is STILL making me miserable (past half way through the second week) so I am retreating to bed with a Jereboam of tea.
Hope you are all well and that Mick loves 42nd Street. Should be a tonic! (And none of the stress of getting home on the train etc afterwards either. )

Blinko Thu 22-Feb-18 09:48:33

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's cold and bright here in the Black Country. Off out to lunch with a friend of 50 years later. We haven't met up for a couple of months so it'll be a good catch up.

annodomini Thu 22-Feb-18 10:35:11

Good morning. The sun has just pushed through the clouds here in Cheshire. Still cold-ish and, if the forecasts are right, will get a lot colder next week. The birds are very active. I suspect courting and nesting. Hope they don't perish when it gets colder again.

Baggs Thu 22-Feb-18 10:38:36

Morning All! Overcast here today but I think it's supposed to stay dry so I might go and subdue a garden dragon or two. The weather has been too wet and cold to do much so far this month.

A drain dredger is supposed to be coming this afternoon. It has taken me since early January making phone calls and waiting for responses to get to an actual 'arrangement'. Keep your fingers crossed Mr Drain Dredger comes and can actually do the job!

Mapleleaf Thu 22-Feb-18 10:58:57

Morning everyone,
Bright, sunny intervals here with some cloud. Not been out anywhere yet, but I'm guessing it's cold.