Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(15 Posts)
Mapleleaf Fri 23-Feb-18 09:34:08

Good morning everyone,
Sounds like you had a good time, Mick.
Keen frost and dull sky here today in South Yorkshire. Hope it brightens up.
Oh dear, Oopsadaisy, hope everything will be salvageable.

Anniebach Fri 23-Feb-18 09:15:14

Good morning all

MawBroon Fri 23-Feb-18 09:10:51

Good morning from my sunny ?but parky❄️ corner of N Bucks. I think it might have been the cold in the early hours but Hattie (unusually) had me up at 5 for garden inspection.
So it’s going to be a late start as I went back to a deep sleep and have woken feeling less than refreshed.
Have a lovely day, all!

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 23-Feb-18 08:19:06

Good morning, cold and frosty here this morning, but sunny, yaaay!
Left the heating on all night, got up to find that DH hadn’t shut the fridge door , don’t think the milk will last long.... sigh......

harrigran Fri 23-Feb-18 08:12:35

Good morning from a very cold and frosty north east. Housework and shopping sooner rather than later as we have to collect GD after school for a sleepover.
DD arriving in UK, for the weekend, her fourth country this week.

NannyJan53 Fri 23-Feb-18 08:00:21

Good Morning

Very frosty here, car had to be de-iced before I took Partner to train station.

Going for a walk this morning with my U3A walking group (the walk I was on my way to last week, when I was hit from behind). They do the same walk, 3rd Thursday and last Friday of the month.

Had a lovely lunch with all the family yesterday, all my children and grandchildren. Eldest DGD is 13 and much taller than me already and size 8 shoe!

NanKate yes we do have to savour the time our grandchildren want to be with us, it's not long before they grow and are off doing their own thing.

Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 23-Feb-18 07:55:31

Good morning from cold, sunny Colchester.
Packing our thermals for a long weekend away for DH's birthday. We are staying in a tower in Dover Castle.

ginny Fri 23-Feb-18 07:39:10

Good morning. Cold and frosty here in N. Bucks.
We have DGS staying fo a couple of days so will be busy.
Keep warm everyone.

NanKate Fri 23-Feb-18 07:20:36

Morning Mick Kitty Greyduster and All.

It looks blooming freezing outside.

Enjoying a cuppa in bed, which will be the last till next Tuesday as we are off to Sussex to help with our GSs. They will come in on the dot of 7 each morning and get straight into bed with us and I am virtually pushed out in order to go and get the watered down apple juice for them. When I come back up the bed will be covered in football or ninja cards for swapping, discussing etc. It’s full on then for the rest of the day. Mustn’t complain though as we must savour the time the boys want to be with us.

I envy you Mick with your trip to the Lion King planned. I really want to go.

ninathenana Fri 23-Feb-18 07:03:26

Morning all

It's cold in Kent with pink tinged clouds blowing Westerly, not a good omen, if you beleive the folk law.
Food shopping this morning, now do I stock up hmm
Glad you had a good time Mick

Greyduster Fri 23-Feb-18 06:59:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sounds like you had a good day, Mick. A very hard frost in South Yorkshire this morning - absolutelŷ freezing. I have a hospital appointment this morning, so an early start. Have a good day folks.

Gagagran Fri 23-Feb-18 06:59:26

Good Morning Mick Mary Kitty and all who follow.

It's very cold and frosty here on the south coast but the sun is coming up so it looks like a pleasant day in store.

Hope your lurgy improves Mary - hard work with a little one to look after. I think Kitty's prescription might be a plan!

Trip to Aldi planned this morning to stock up on dishwash capsules and also the laundry ones. Might even indulge in some chocolate - they do have some very tempting sorts!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Fri 23-Feb-18 06:51:45

Morning Mick, Mary, everyone.

It's quite cold in North Leicestershire and I have to go to the butcher's and Sainsbury's. Hey ho!

Glad you had a good time Mick, I love musicals of all sorts and it looks as though you do to.

I used to love it when the little children were ill and just wanted to cuddle up with me and watch CBeebies - bad Ma! grin

Marydoll Fri 23-Feb-18 06:45:36

Good morning Mick and all to follow.
It's absolutely freezing here. The heating has been on since 5.30 and it's only 19 degrees in house.
I'm glad you had a great time Mick
I've a sore throat, cough and I'm wheezy. sad. We have DGD today, so it's going to be hard work, as she is ill too.
Have a good day all.

12Michael Fri 23-Feb-18 06:34:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just starting to get daylight here in Brackley .
Its cold but its dry this morning, having just got home after midnight.
The show was brilliant with Sheena Easton, her singing range was good away from usual pop related songs.
I browsed around the Covent Garden ?Charing cross area .
But its London , coach loads of Kids as well as some areas have half terms this week , all coming out of The Lion King which is my next show in May.
Mick