Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(21 Posts)
Mapleleaf Sat 24-Feb-18 14:40:12

Welcome, Goodbyetoallthat

Pittcity Sat 24-Feb-18 09:40:19

Good morning from sunny Dover. Warm and cosy here in the tower but it looks freezing outside. Exploring the castle once it opens at 10am.

Marydoll Sat 24-Feb-18 09:00:15

It doesn't matter Annie, we just like to hear from you and how you are.

Anniebach Sat 24-Feb-18 08:54:40

Good morning all. Sunshine but very cold in Mid Wales. Never have anything of interest to say because I don't leave the house.

NannyJan53 Sat 24-Feb-18 08:44:13

Good Morning all, and welcome Goodbytoallthat

Dry, bright and cold here at the moment.

Not a lot planned today, except for sorting out clothes we want to take for our holiday to Lanzarote in less than 2 weeks time!

Have a good Saturday everyone.

Marydoll Sat 24-Feb-18 08:42:17

Good morning and welcome, Goodbyetoallthat
This is a nice, welcoming place to post. Trying also posting in Soops kitchen and the games threads, they are very welcoming and supportive.
I wouldn't go near that Argy Bargy caff, their behaviour can be quite shocking. grin

Goodbyetoallthat Sat 24-Feb-18 08:36:42

Morning all I am a new poster (having been lurking for a while). It is a cold but sunny morning here in South Wales. So glad it isn't raining!

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 24-Feb-18 08:35:55

Morning everyone, sunny and bright here again, -1 outside. Puppy sitting today, but will probably just go around the rec. where she’s quite happy just sniffing around.
Might shut myself in the study and do some more of my Family Tree.
Apart from that it’s a free day, yaaay.

Mapleleaf Sat 24-Feb-18 08:33:10

Good morning,
Cold, but not frosty this morning. The sun is trying to break through. I think it will be a nice, but very cold, day.
Enjoy your Saturday.

ninathenana Sat 24-Feb-18 08:33:01

Morning everyone.

Cold and sunny here in Kent. A bit of housework then this afternoon I will have one eye on the rugby whilst trying to finish a tricky jigsaw.

Marydoll Sat 24-Feb-18 08:28:35

Good morning all,
It's freezing here. Woken up very early by a text from Royal Mail ? and fell back asleep. I meant to get up early. sad, but the pain in my hands and the most bizarre dreams about having afternoon tea, kept me awake.
A day catching up on housework, as we have had DGD the last three days in a row and we are absolutely exhausted.
I hope everyone has a good Saturday.
As a shopaholic, I have always wanted to visit Bicester. Enjoy Mick.

Greyduster Sat 24-Feb-18 08:20:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s very cold in South Yorkshire but no frost this morning. Having had an early start the past couple of days I am lingering in my bed this morning. If it ‘warms up’ I might have a poke around the garden. Have a good day, folks.

harrigran Sat 24-Feb-18 08:01:43

Good morning, cold but not as frosty as I thought it would be.
GD still in bed, she does like to stay cosy on a morning.
We thought we had seen the last of the trouble in the street when the naughty boys were evicted, not so, four of them turned up yesterday afternoon and put a brick through the window of the place where they used to live. Police turned up to view CCTV at dinner time last night. Lady in the next street saw them jumping into a car so took the registration.

cornergran Sat 24-Feb-18 07:54:07

Morning All. Cold and clear, no frost in our corner of Somerset. Bit wibbly wobbly this morning, need to ignore it as hosting two family birthday celebrations today. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Sat 24-Feb-18 07:48:37

Morning everyone! The sun is up here on the south coast but it is freeeeeezing! Hate being cold - it makes me ache.

Busy day for us with DGC duties as their parents are off to Brighton for a night away and to see a group called Hookworms (awful name!) DH also has to fit in a trip to Fratton Park to watch Portsmouth v Blackpool. Better to wear out than rust out as my sister used to say!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

ginny Sat 24-Feb-18 07:12:32

Good morning. Cold , dry and a bit of frost in N. Bucks.
DGS ( 2 )here but still in bed ! We must have worn him out yesterday.
Not sure what we are doing today but I expect he will keep us entertained until we take him home this evening.

kittylester Sat 24-Feb-18 07:05:57

Morning, baggs!

Baggs Sat 24-Feb-18 06:45:59

Kitty, ?

Baggs Sat 24-Feb-18 06:45:32

Morning, Mick! Enjoy your day in Bucks and Bicester! It's a cold day here too but I'm hoping for some sunshine. Might even have a bonfire while I'm cutting a hedge. That'll keep me warm.

Good morning, everyone!

kittylester Sat 24-Feb-18 06:45:05

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's very cold in North Leicestershire but nice and snug in bed - might stay here!

Actually, I need to go and buy some flowers and a card to send to Bertie for being a brave boy while he was in hospital.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone and your trip Mick.

12Michael Sat 24-Feb-18 06:36:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight just here in Brackley but its dry and I can imagine cold outside .
Will go out as usual Buckingham and Bicester.
Mick