Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Tue 27-Feb-18 06:35:48

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its bright but cold and frosty here in Brackley at the moment , will do my usual day out.
Hoping that if forecast is right the worst weather locally will occur on Thursday or Friday.
Mick

Baggs Tue 27-Feb-18 14:10:07

Good afternoon, peeps! I'm usually up early but often too early to post on what I regard as Mick's thread! It would seem rude to pip him to the first post. Then I'm out of GN radar for a few hours and often crash out for a nap.

The beast from the east hasn't really hit here yet. There have been snow sprinklings (one's happening as I speak) and it's very cold.

Planning to make nutella frangipane empanadas...

silverlining48 Tue 27-Feb-18 10:11:34

Thick snow 10 miles away, the grand children are having snowball fights and building snowmen. School closed....but still nought here, though the sun has gone and it’s a bit greyer.

David1968 Tue 27-Feb-18 10:03:50

Light snow here in west Lancashire. It seems to be thawing; we're in the shelter of Morecambe Bay, which makes our weather "milder".

Greenfinch Tue 27-Feb-18 09:48:43

Same here in Berkshire.No snow to speak of at all this year though we are promised some later in the week.
DGC are desperate for some.They were bought a toboggan about five years ago and have never got to use it.?

silverlining48 Tue 27-Feb-18 09:40:56

We must be lucky too because here in north kent the sky is blue the sun it shines and no sign of snow or even a small frost. No doubt things might change but so far so clear of the white stuff.
Good wishes to all and take care

Mapleleaf Tue 27-Feb-18 09:34:28

Ok, I take that back! I've just seen the news, and some areas do have it quite bad. I think we must be one of the lucky areas for now!

Sar53 Tue 27-Feb-18 09:27:08

Good morning everyone from a very white Essex by the sea. We have had a lot of snow and it is coming down again now. The forecast was right for once. Keep warm and safe.

Mapleleaf Tue 27-Feb-18 09:24:59

Morning all,
A light dusting of snow and that is all here in South Yorkshire. At the moment the skies are mostly blue and the sun is shining though it's very cold. I'm getting tired of these hyped up weather forecasts - we were meant to wake up to deep snow. Heaven help us when it really happens!!!

farview Tue 27-Feb-18 09:23:49

Morning all,snow in Lancashire,sick baby minding again..whitewave sorry but that so made me laugh..take care everyone!

Anniebach Tue 27-Feb-18 08:48:58

Good morning all no idea if we have snow in Mid Wales , I haven't looked yet.

Nana3 Tue 27-Feb-18 08:20:35

Good morning, we have snow in Lancashire. OH has had the lurgy for over a week and now I have it, how generous of him.
My day will be like yours NannyJan, ironing and making a casserole. Definitely won't be venturing far, only to replenish the bird table.
Keep safe and warm everyone.

harrigran Tue 27-Feb-18 08:07:54

Good morning from a cold and snowy north east. We have several inches of snow and it is set to carry on. Did a big shop yesterday so that we can stay put until we have to go to funeral on Thursday.

oldgoat Tue 27-Feb-18 08:07:28

Sorry you can't make it to the meet-up Greyduster. Get well soon.
See you later Alygran. You've got lots more snow than we have (so far).

Greyduster Tue 27-Feb-18 08:00:38

Oh, and our bedroom radiator is leaking!

Greyduster Tue 27-Feb-18 07:59:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Just a light covering in South Yorkshire but it has started to drift down again. Very disappointed I will miss the GN York lunch today as I don’t feel well enough to travel, so I am staying close to home. I’ll be there in spirit, ladies! Have a good day, all.

Nelliemoser Tue 27-Feb-18 07:51:26

It is snowing in South Cheshire and probably further north. Stay warm.

Alygran Tue 27-Feb-18 07:42:55

Morning all.
This northerner will be getting her big coat out to travel to York for the meet up. Fingers crossed.
Stay warm everyone.

Oopsadaisy12 Tue 27-Feb-18 07:42:12

Good morning everyone, -4 in Sunny Oxfordshire this morning, dog sitting today, so I’ll be slipping and sliding along the lanes later, not sure I’ll be able to jump into any ditches today if speeding cars force me off of the road, they all look a bit icy.
Hey ho! At least it’s not snowing..........

Pittcity Tue 27-Feb-18 07:33:51

Good morning from a snowy Colchester. Minus 5 according to my phone and about half an inch deep. Will walk to shops later after getting the laundry on.

kittylester Tue 27-Feb-18 07:30:09

Morning all.

We have a fine dusting of snow in North Leicestershire and it is now sleeting.

The courses I help run begin again today and the first series are right on the other side of the city but the weather doesn't seem bad enough to cancel. I hope that doesn't become famous last words!

Love that Maw - I'll be wearing my big coat!

Enjoy your days everyone and stay warm and safe!

NanKate Tue 27-Feb-18 07:28:49

Morning Mick and All.

No snow yet in south Bucks but it's coming?

Myself and a group of friends are giving one of our friends a surprise Golden Wedding Tea Party today. With a bit of luck we should manage this before the snow hits us. I am taking the Prosecco. ?

NannyJan53 Tue 27-Feb-18 07:28:33

Good Morning all

Light covering of snow this morning, and sky is very grey and heavy looking so more to come.

Staying put today, probably make a start on the ironing and make a casserole! Quite relieved now I don't have to make the 14 miles to work along mostly country roads, isn't retirement great smile

Have a good day all.

cornergran Tue 27-Feb-18 07:20:56

Morning All. Pretty pink clouds that do not bode well for later in our corner of Somerset. Apparently minus 3 outside just now. Medical appointment early this morning and Grandma duties this evening other than that I have a date with the filing. Stay warm and safe everyone, particularly those with snow and ice, not a day to be out unless you have to.

ginny Tue 27-Feb-18 07:16:58

Good morning all.
Cold, frosty but a bit of blue. Maw, the icing didn’t reach the few miles up the road.
Off to town this morning , lunch and then the cinema to see ‘Finding you Feet.’
Take care .

ninathenana Tue 27-Feb-18 07:10:42

Still snowing