Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(25 Posts)
Bellasnana Wed 28-Feb-18 13:41:03

Good morning (it is 8.35 am where I am). I’m shocked to read of all your snow. Do take care, everyone, and stay cosy.

Thinking of you annsixty and hope you and DH have a better day. It is such a tough time for you. flowers

I hardly dare mention the weather here in Florida, but it’s hot and sunny with a pleasant breeze. Hard to imagine snow, although I will be meeting up with DD1 in Washington DC next week, so expect it to be much colder.

Have a great day everyone sunshine

harrigran Wed 28-Feb-18 09:34:56

Good morning, snowed all night and it is now very thick. I would post a photo but the windows are covered in snowflakes and look like a pretty C****** card.
All the schools are closed in our town and GD's school in the next city will remain closed as the country roads are blocked.
Our neighbour's funeral is tomorrow, or not as the case may be.

Sar53 Wed 28-Feb-18 09:10:14

Good morning all. We had another two or three inches of snow overnight, very unusual as we are right by the sea. Another day indoors in the warm. Hope everyone stays safe and warm today.

Mapleleaf Wed 28-Feb-18 08:54:36

Good morning everyone,
Well the snow is here with a vengeance today and looks to be a good two inches deep, having snowed heavily through the night. It is snowing now as I type. Temperature was showing minus 2 on iPad. Won't be going far today, methinks! Keep warm and cosy. Hope your toes have warmed up, Mick.

Greyduster Wed 28-Feb-18 08:49:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A late one for me today. NOW we have snow in South Yorkshire! I was awake most of the night worrying about things freezing up, (which DH says is ridiculous), and it was coming down fit to bust at three o’clock. We have nowhere to go today fortunately. I must dig my ice spikes out though. Stay safe, folks.

Pittcity Wed 28-Feb-18 08:28:40

Good morning from a snow day in Colchester. The car was clear when we went to bed last night.
Everything has shut down so we are staying put too.

MawBroon Wed 28-Feb-18 08:06:23

Good morning - weather wise, exactly what Ginny said.
Blue skies now so I hope that is that but feeling less adventurous today after giving myself a fright yesterday afternoon and a visit (all of 5 hours) to A&E.
Wishing you all a pleasant and safe day.

ginny Wed 28-Feb-18 08:01:15

Good morning. Some snow here in N. Bucks. Was snowing heavily up to 10 minutes ago. Hope it stays that way as I have to get to DD3s to look after DGS while she goes for a rather important appointment.
Wrap up well and take care all.

Tippy22 Wed 28-Feb-18 07:51:45

Beautiful blue sky here in East Sussex looks really pretty with the snow on the ground. My phone says the temperature is -7 but apparently feels like -12 so I won't be going far today.. A day of reflection too as my mother died a year ago. Stay warm.

Anniebach Wed 28-Feb-18 07:51:18

Good morning all, we escaped a heavy fall of snow yesterday here in Mid Wales, no idea if we had more in the night, not getting up for another hour. Stay safe please x

NanKate Wed 28-Feb-18 07:42:00

Annsixty do hope you have a better day with H and that the caters manage to reach you. I think we will all feel a bit better when we get back to proper temperatures for this time of year.

cornergran Wed 28-Feb-18 07:38:00

Morning All. Light covering of frozen snow in our corner of Somerset, blue sky and pink clouds, looks very pretty from inside. Apparently minus 3. Should have a long awaited hospital appointment tomorrow an hour away. Hope it’s either no worse or definitely a bad idea, hate those ‘not sure’ travel moments. Take care everyone, stay warm if you can.

Oopsadaisy12 Wed 28-Feb-18 07:22:59

Morning everybody, minus 3 here in Oxfordshire this morning, so it’s warmer than yesterday. Spring might be on the way, apart from the fact that it’s ever so lightly snowing, that is.
But it’s only a half hearted effort, so hopefully the sun will break through.
Nothing much to do today, apart from the ironing, plus it’s a no cooking day as DH is out this evening.
I don’t have the dog today either, so I can stay indoors in the warm. Gosh it was soooo cold yesterday, I got brain freeze! But it was nice to see the snowdrops in the woods.
Stay warm, and if you go outdoors be careful.

oldgoat Wed 28-Feb-18 07:15:44

Morning all.
It's snowing heavily here in York. OH and I were supposed to be going to the Lake District today for a short break but we can't face the journey over the Pennines. Shame, but not worth the risk .
Stay safe and warm everybody.

Gagagran Wed 28-Feb-18 07:08:41

Good Morning everyone! Hope your toes are still there Mick!

It is very cold with a sprinkling of icing sugar on the patio but no real snow here on the south coast. As whitewave says, the sea helps keep us a bit warmer than the rest of you. The Isle of Wight provides some shelter too. The sky is very clear and the sun is coming up so a lovely winter's day is in store I think. DH is venturing out with his cycling club so hope they are all keep safe.

It's choir tonight and we are still learning new pieces for our May concert. I look forward to it all week as we have a good laugh alongside the hard work.

Keep warm and safe everyone and I hope there is a good day in store for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Wed 28-Feb-18 07:07:30

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is covered in snow and I am not going anywhere! Wednesday should be school run in Derby but DD1 is on a course and will be home in time to collect the children so I am staying put!

Stay warm and safe everyone.

annsixty Wed 28-Feb-18 07:06:36

Good morning everyone from a bitterly cold Stockport.
According to my tablet it is -7°.
That Candlemass saying seems to be very accurate indeed.
I had a very difficult day with my H yesterday who came home from hospital on Monday after 16 days. I am hoping the carers will make it here and we have a better day.

ninathenana Wed 28-Feb-18 07:04:54

Morning all.
More snow over night in Kent. The roads in the county were horrendous yesterday and the gritters have forgot where we live.
I should be out to lunch with a friend but I will be going nowhere. She wouldn't get through anyway.
Take care everyone.

Marydoll Wed 28-Feb-18 07:00:41

Good morning all,
We are used to snow here, but this is the worst I have seen in years. It has been snowing all night.
We are supposed have DGD today, but don't know how she will get here, our road is blocked.
I also have an a hospital appointment , which I will have to cancel. All public transport is off and the schools are closed.
A day at home, I think.
Stay warm everyone.

whitewave Wed 28-Feb-18 06:55:25

Morning all especially all those with frostbite!!

Minus 4 on South Downs - the sea keeps us warmer as I think it is much worse colder that in the Weald.

I keep watching a little pied wagtail who seems to depend on having ground to catch his food - I’m worried about him as he doesn’t seem to eat from the mealy worms or bits of them I’m putting out.
Not going out!!

Keep warm today, hopefully only a couple more days to go.

First day of spring tomorrow - meterologically that is.

NanKate Wed 28-Feb-18 06:45:18

Morning Mick and All.

Hope your toes are feeling better today Mick

Light snowfall in South Bucks bitterly cold outside.

Where is the Spring ?

BlueBelle Wed 28-Feb-18 06:42:51

Lots of snow here with ice underneath very unusual being near the sea it rarely lays
Some cars jack knifing already, most schools closed the bus ride to grandkids school should take a hour and a bit took four hours yesterday so shut today
Will put my cramping things on to get to work this am

chelseababy Wed 28-Feb-18 06:40:30

Minus 6 in Bedford (according to my phone). No more snow since a light sprinkling yesterday. Might venture to Sainsburys as I've found an old £10 note that needs using today!

tanith Wed 28-Feb-18 06:34:33

Morning everyone lots of snow here in Northolt might stir my stumps and go for a snowy walk ? Stay safe everyone.

12Michael Wed 28-Feb-18 06:29:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cold and its twilight here in Brackley , dread to think what outside temperature's are.
Whilst out yesterday waiting for buses , I got frostbite on my toes.
Will not go far today, or tomorrow if the forecast is right.
Mick