Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(19 Posts)
Nana3 Tue 06-Mar-18 09:35:28

Good morning. Damp in Lancashire. My IPad has given up the ghost so writing this on phone, hope it works. Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 06-Mar-18 09:08:27

Good idea, Maple??! Bore da, Annie!

harrigran Tue 06-Mar-18 09:06:52

Good morning from a rainy north east. The gutters and downpipes were clicking and banging during the night, DH says it is the ice melting.
Awaiting a plumber, radiators leaking.

Anniebach Tue 06-Mar-18 08:51:20

Good morning all from Mid Wales.

Mapleleaf Tue 06-Mar-18 08:24:32

Maybe not, Greyduster, but if you time your visit right, you could call for a pub lunch on the way back!??

Greyduster Tue 06-Mar-18 08:18:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has our weather spot on. All the rain we had in the night should at least have washed some of the salt off the roads though. We have a trip to the local recycling centre today with some defunct electrical equipment. Does that count as a day out? Shall we take sandwiches and a picnic rug? Mmm.....! Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Tue 06-Mar-18 08:05:05

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Dry and well above freezing!
Household stuff today, shopping laundry etc.

Mapleleaf Tue 06-Mar-18 07:58:08

Good morning, everyone.
A grey, damp morning here in South Yorkshire, but for the moment it's not raining - had a lot through the night though.
Hoping to see my friend today for a catch up.
Hope your day is a good one.

ginny Tue 06-Mar-18 07:57:57

Good morning from a dull and damp N. Bucks.
Visit to a craft warehouse this morning to buy supplies for the project at club tomorrow. Think I’ll do a small roast for dinner this evening.

farview Tue 06-Mar-18 07:55:17

Morning All,wet and grey in Lancashire..but I don't care..it's SPRING!! Stint in the hospice shop today, keep well everyone

NfkDumpling Tue 06-Mar-18 07:47:20

Morning All

It's sort of bright in Norfolk without actually being sunny. But dry and still which is good.

More painting of pretend gravestones today. At least it's keeping me still and resting my painful back. I think it's getting better. I haven't heard yet how the other grandmothers in the family are with their various problems (all three of our children-in-laws mums have been in hospital over the last week!) I'm the healthy grandmother!!

Marydoll Tue 06-Mar-18 07:33:17

Good morning all,
I got up, looked out and it's snowing heavily! We will need our skis again.
My son has just phoned to say, they can't get DGD to nursery, can they bring her here.
That is a surprise, as the BBC forecast is rain!

NanKate Tue 06-Mar-18 07:14:36

Morning Mick *Kitty and All.

A tiny bit of sun is peeking through in South Bucks, Hallelujah ?

Sorry to her about your DD Kitty let’s hope the water situation is fixed quickly.

Just a bit of shopping this morning then WI this afternoon. Must wear my name badge, we are always being reminded.

cornergran Tue 06-Mar-18 07:11:49

Morning All. Bright start in our corner of Somerset. Coffee morning, potentially a sleep as I’m shattered, mini bugs are back, then transport detail for a granddaughter’s party. Be good if your daughters water supply is back soon kitty, that’s not fun. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Tue 06-Mar-18 06:44:24

Morning gaga

ninathenana Tue 06-Mar-18 06:43:58

Morning Mick kitty and all.

Blue sky and sunshine in Kent, looks like a pleasant day at the moment.
Hundreds without water near me kitty, fortunately not us. I hope your DD has her's back soon.
Food shop this morning not much else.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Tue 06-Mar-18 06:43:14

Good Morning Mick, Kitty and all!

Lots of cloud here on the south coast but the sun is coming up and we are promised a decent day with sunny spells and breezy. It is definitely milder.

Hope your DD soon gets her water supply back Kitty - what a blessing a tapped water supply is and how we miss it when it's not there.

Bit of shopping and the library for me this morning and paperwork at some point.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Tue 06-Mar-18 06:36:04

Morning Mick, morning all!

It is a bit nothing-y in North Leicestershire at the moment but I think there is rain in the forecast.

This morning I shall be pootling and faffing and doing an Alzheimer's CrISP course this afternoon.

Daughter in Derby has no water and appears to be surrounded by burst water pipes.

12Michael Tue 06-Mar-18 06:28:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light , but it has been wet here in Brackley this morning , snow has gone.
Usual day out and about today after being grounded because of the weather.
Mick