Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sun 11-Mar-18 06:32:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but looks dull and grey this morning in Brackley this morning but dry at the moment.
Been stripping wallpaper off in bathroom , now to remove the raw plugs from the wall.
Mick

Greyduster Sun 11-Mar-18 07:31:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Getting rawlplugs out can be a right pain in the neck, Mick. Hope they don’t prove to be too stubborn!
Dry here in South Yorkshire this morning. Junior football today but the ground is just up the road from us, so we could, if we felt so inclined, walk - but we won’t!! Have a happy day, folks.

kittylester Sun 11-Mar-18 07:40:18

Good morning Mick, morning all.

When I woke up there was rain on the velux but it appears to have stopped and it looks as though we are in for a fine day.

Not much happening chez Lester today. I've had some nice presents from my daughters. No doubt DS2 will turn up later and DS 1 is coming for a meal after the match this evening.

Enjoy your days everyone especially you mum's. flowers

kittylester Sun 11-Mar-18 07:42:34

Morning gd. And i forgot to say Enjoy your decorating Mick

MawBroon Sun 11-Mar-18 07:43:42

Good morning everybody from a grey corner of N Bucks. Hope the rain holds off though.
Off to London for the second instalment of the “birthday weekend” with an admixture of Mothers Day, this time the birthdays are SIL(yesterday) and DD1 (today)
I was SO tired when I got back last night I was in bed by 9.30 and have slept for 9 hours ??

Oopsadaisy12 Sun 11-Mar-18 07:44:28

Good morning everbody,
Warm and sunny here in Lanzarote, hope the breeze lets up a bit today. It should hit the high 20s later on, nothing to do but stroll along the promenade, it’s about 12k long and no traffic, so no excuses.

harrigran Sun 11-Mar-18 07:55:28

Good morning from a grey north east. Having a cup of tea in bed and opening cards from DC and a sweet one from GC. Beautiful bouquet arrived yesterday from DD who lives abroad and the rest of the family will be here this afternoon.

ninathenana Sun 11-Mar-18 08:00:41

Morning all

It's raining in Kent so no allotment for H. He will be cooking me poached eggs on toast shortly though. DD will be here later and DS presented me with chocs yesterday smile
Have a good day whether your a mummy or not.

Marydoll Sun 11-Mar-18 08:14:55

Good morning all.
It's quite drizzly here. Sunday lunch with family, no rest for mums.smile
Happy birthday Maw. (I think it's today!)
Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

NannyG4 Sun 11-Mar-18 08:31:57

Happy Mother's Day wishes and love to EVERYONE. Unfortunately our celebrations cancelled I'm in bed with proper flu so will take my 88 year old mum out for lunch when better. Received a lovely book from my daughter 'Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst' ...visited it last year but I want to go again now. Anyone else been? Still waiting for my son's gift !!!! Have a good day all of you.

Pittcity Sun 11-Mar-18 08:40:38

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
Quiet day here as DH lost his Mum a week ago.
Will walk to Aldi to choose a roast for later.

MawBroon Sun 11-Mar-18 08:44:29

flowers Pittcity hoping there are also happy memories to relieve your sadness at the moment. Bittersweet day.

ginny Sun 11-Mar-18 09:11:37

Good morning. Brightening upon N. Bucks, dry and no wind to speak of.
Glad you slept well Maw and are ready for another day of celebrations.
Hope you recover quickly NannyG4.
I’m off to lunch wit my 3 DDs and 2 DGS. Men are visiting their own mums.
Have a good day all.

cornergran Sun 11-Mar-18 09:20:20

Morning All. Light cloud in our corner of Somerset. Quiet day with Mr C. Do I dare let him cook breakfast? hmm. Gifts and cards delivered yesterday. Anniversary of my Mum’s death so an odd day. Will drift off to a garden centre for some Spring cheer and cake later. Thinking of those with a heavy heart and wishing all the best day it can be.

Pittcity Sun 11-Mar-18 09:26:46

Thank you Maw .
Much love to all who are missing their Mums and other loved ones today.

Juggernaut Sun 11-Mar-18 09:53:51

Good Morning everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all mums and nans!
It's dry and bright in West Cheshire, and warm too!
DS et al are coming here later, after they've been to the zoo.
Hugs for all those of us who need them!