Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(24 Posts)
Gagagran Tue 13-Mar-18 10:39:46

Morning everyone! We have a lovely spring day here on the south coast.

I am back after 4 hectic gathering of the clan days on the Isle of Man to celebrate my big brother's 80th birthday. We had a great time - but the noise! We are not a quiet family and there was just so much to say!

The big success was the surprise visit of my brother's no.2 son from South Australia (he is a police officer in Adelaide) with his own son. It was exhausting and energising all at the same time as these big family events always are. So glad I went!

Hope there is a good day in store for all GNs sunshine

Mapleleaf Tue 13-Mar-18 09:45:15

Good morning,
Happy birthday ? Maw.
It's a lot drier today - thought we were going to get washed away yesterday with all that non stop rain. No sunshine here, though, still grey.
Hope your day is a good one, everyone.

silverlining48 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:09:51

Good morning all, it’s been bright and sunny this morning here in north Kent though a bit grey now.

Happy birthday maw, have a good day.

I am planning my own big birthday in summer, a cottage by the sea will blow away the cobwebs and have just booked a beach hut! Lovely.
Have a good day everyone, take care.

harrigran Tue 13-Mar-18 09:08:51

Good morning, the fog has lifted and the rain stopped.
Happy birthday Maw, enjoy your day.

Anniebach Tue 13-Mar-18 09:02:19

Good morning all.

Happy Birthday Maw x

farview Tue 13-Mar-18 08:46:09

Morning All, Happy Birthday Mawwet in Lancashire x

Oopsadaisy12 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:24:42

Good morning everybody
Hot here already, so Another lovely day to look forward too, we are going to explore the Island today.
Have a good day.

Pittcity Tue 13-Mar-18 08:21:04

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Just read that it might snow here again at the weekend.....noooooo!
Happy Birthday Maw ??
Another visit to the Supermarket is my highlight today.

Alygran Tue 13-Mar-18 08:08:21

Morning everyone
Happy birthday Maw. Enjoy your lunch
Driving back to North Yorkshire today after a lovely weekend with the family in Derbyshire. History Society this evening.
Have a good day everyone.

nannychris1 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:04:05

Happy Birthday MawBroon ??

Greyduster Tue 13-Mar-18 08:02:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. After yesterday’s non stop downpour we have a dry bright start here. Some gardening may be on the cards. Possibly. Maybe. Have a good day, folks. Happy birthday, Maw.

nannychris1 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:01:59

Good morning Gnetters! Beautiful blue sky and what looks like a very promising day. Still in my bed recovering from a hectic day yesterday looking after GC. Two under two all day and one 5 year old b4 and after school. (DD unwell with a bug). Tiring but very satisfying. Later this afternoon off to Cinema with DH and sister to see Finding Your Feet, Celia Imrie and Imelda Staunton.
Have a good day all.

annsixty Tue 13-Mar-18 08:01:38

Good morning all. Just popped in on a reasonably bright day in Stockport to wish a Happy Birthday to Maw.
As a veteran I can say it isn't all bad being 70......just most of it ???

ginny Tue 13-Mar-18 08:00:44

Good morning all.
Happy Birthday Maw, you will need a rest after all the celebrations.
Dull but dry along the road in N. Bucks,
Off to visit 2 lots of long time friends today. Lots of chatting and reminiscing to be done.

Marydoll Tue 13-Mar-18 07:43:09

Maw, you have sussed me out.grin.

MawBroon Tue 13-Mar-18 07:41:56

Yeah right Marydoll it’s your DGD you are going for, not those fit young firefighters? grin

NfkDumpling Tue 13-Mar-18 07:41:00

Morning All

Happy Birthday Maw I came of age last autumn. Can't say I've noticed much difference so far.

Its a very soggy morning in Norfolk, but brightening a bit. I'm booked in for a stint at the local NT pile. It's open 363 days now, (although not the whole house). I don't think many people have noticed yet - its not exactly busy. We chat a lot!

Marydoll Tue 13-Mar-18 07:40:07

Good morning all.
Happy birthday Maw. Have a lovely day in London.
Dry here and a bit milder. Off to the bank and then pick up DGD from nursery at lunchtime.
A stroll round to the fire station and she will be a happy wee girl, especially if Fireman Sam waves to her.

cornergran Tue 13-Mar-18 07:36:53

Morning All. Bright, sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Understand your thinking kitty, better safe. Another birthday meal for us later, otherwise not much today. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

MawBroon Tue 13-Mar-18 07:35:26

Good morning everybody. Looking a bit more like Spring here in N Bucks (but we’ve been fooled this way before! )
Well I have made my “three score and ten” and am off to London for a “surprise” lunch with he 2 younger DDs and then possibly an exhibition.
Then, and only then do I plan to settle down into my bath chair with my knitting and that nice Alan Titchmarsh on the telly grin

NanKate Tue 13-Mar-18 07:14:31

Morning Mick Kitty and OG

A lovely sunny day in South Bucks.

Taking DH out for an Italian Coffee.

Have a good day folks.

kittylester Tue 13-Mar-18 06:53:37

Morning Mick, morning og, morning all!

It's dry and not too cold in North Leicestershire this morning.

I'm going to have a shingles jab this morning. I was so ill over the winter that I lived in terror of getting shingles in top of everything. I'm so young (!!) that I won't be eligible for an NHS one for another 2 years.

Hope the decorating went well, Mick and enjoy your muddy walk, og.

oldgoat Tue 13-Mar-18 06:42:17

Morning mick
Looks like it's going to be a dry day today here in York, thank goodness. We are off for a walk round an RSPB reserve today with our walking group. Could be a muddy one.

12Michael Tue 13-Mar-18 06:31:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with a blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, usual day out, after housework etc.
Mick