Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(19 Posts)
Mapleleaf Wed 14-Mar-18 09:41:27

Morning,
A brighter morning today. Feels chilly, though.

Anniebach Wed 14-Mar-18 08:35:45

Good morning all , no rain but no sunshine either in Mid Wales

farview Wed 14-Mar-18 08:25:38

Morning all,cold start in Lancashire,hope it stays dry,got waterproofs on to get stuck into repairing my wildlife pond!! waiting till H is out of the way though..don't want him interfering grin

Oopsadaisy12 Wed 14-Mar-18 08:12:47

Sorry, should be your , not you’re, blasted auto correct.

silverlining48 Wed 14-Mar-18 08:12:42

Good morning all. Its a lovely bright sunny day today. Going for a walk and then on to school pickup later.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Wed 14-Mar-18 08:07:19

Morning All. Cloudy, windy and trying to rain in our corner of Somerset. Need to remove the dust today, have an urge to change the cushion covers and generally freshen up. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Oopsadaisy12 Wed 14-Mar-18 08:04:02

Morning everybody, bit cloudy here today, hopefully sun will come out soon.

Oldgoat, you reminded me of the saying,

Red Sky at night, you’re Pergolas alight.

Red sky in the morning, it’s spread to your Awning.

Have a good day everybody.?

Greyduster Wed 14-Mar-18 07:53:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold, but bright in South Yorkshire at the mo. Not sure what we are doing today; just let it unfold I think! Have a good day, folks.

ginny Wed 14-Mar-18 07:35:01

Good morning. A little overcast and chilly in N. Bucks but dry and looks like it might improve.
Few household jobs to do and then yoga class. This evening we have a talk on canal hotel boating.

Marydoll Wed 14-Mar-18 07:34:18

Good morning all.
Dry, but a little colder here today.
Off to meet my ex colleagues for lunch, where we will put the world to rights and be thankful we are no longer working.
Middle son coming for dinner, so off to get everything ready before I go out.
Have a good day all.

Pittcity Wed 14-Mar-18 07:32:27

Good morning from sunny Colchester. A bright, mild day forecast before winter returns.
Into town for weekly meetup and a bit of shopping.

oldgoat Wed 14-Mar-18 07:02:07

Morning all.
Beautiful red sun rise here this morning in York - shepherds warning?
Art class this morning then a committee meeting this afternoon where the men present will talk endlessly and I'll lose the will to live. Can't wait!
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Wed 14-Mar-18 07:01:00

Morning Kitty

NanKate Wed 14-Mar-18 07:00:16

Good morning Mick Nfk Gaga and all.

So pleased for you Gaga that your brother’s 80th was such a success. How wonderful that his son and grandson flew over to celebrate with him.

Looks a nice day in South Bucks today.

Off to have a front tooth filled. I have always prided myself of having good strong teeth till my DGS said ‘why do you have a yellow tooth Nan’ ? that’s the one I am having filled today. Hope it passes muster with little one when I see him.

kittylester Wed 14-Mar-18 06:56:02

Morning gaga!

kittylester Wed 14-Mar-18 06:53:32

Morning Mick, morning Nfk, morning all.

It's bright but cold in North Leicestershire. Not much on the cards for me this morning and school run this afternoon.

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone.

Gagagran Wed 14-Mar-18 06:50:59

Good Morning Micjk, Nfk and all who follow. Looks as if we will have another nice day here on the south coast but it feels a bit cooler.

I have had a good night's sleep after my brain finally stopped buzzing about the clan gathering on the Isle of Man over the weekend. It was so good to see my nephew from Australia fly in for his Dad's 80th as a surprise. he brought his 14 year old son too so my brother had all his grandchildren at his party. It was brilliant!

Back to normal routine now - which suits me - and choir tonight and that always does too!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Wed 14-Mar-18 06:39:23

Morning Mick, morning All

Up early today! We had intended to go birding but it's all foggy and still outside so I'm letting Best Beloved slumber on. We can go later. The birds won't be awake either in this weather.

12Michael Wed 14-Mar-18 06:33:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright, dry but a little chilly this morning here in Brackley, usual day for me.
Mick