Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(15 Posts)
Mapleleaf Thu 15-Mar-18 10:07:11

Good morning everyone,
Grey, wet and miserable still here in South Yorkshire.
Enjoy your Chinese meal today, Mick.

Tippy22 Thu 15-Mar-18 09:43:59

Enjoy your birthday party Newquay. The weather doesn't seem too bad for East Sussex this weekend just a few snow flurries.

Anniebach Thu 15-Mar-18 08:47:15

Good morning all

Newquay Thu 15-Mar-18 08:45:50

Morning all-raining here in Staffs. Don't like forecast for the weekend. We have a long drive to Bexhill, must be not far from you Tippy, on Saturday to a friend's big birthday party. We got stuck in Yorkshire with the snow and cold and just don't want it again☹️

Tippy22 Thu 15-Mar-18 08:32:11

Good morning everyone. It's been raining most of the night by the looks of it here in East Sussex. Quiet day today after 2 days of childminding. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Thu 15-Mar-18 08:16:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Tipping down in South Yorkshire this morning and in for the day it seems. Enjoy your Chinese, Mick - envy you that! School run for us this afternoon, but bathroom cleaning first. Exciting day hmm.

Pittcity Thu 15-Mar-18 08:12:25

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. The sky is very threatening and I have to walk to a doctor's appointment soon.
Will be missing the Colchester and Wanstead meetups this morning because DH and I have a long list of errands to run.

harrigran Thu 15-Mar-18 08:12:23

Good morning, very windy but not raining yet. We have snow promised for the weekend so better do shopping this afternoon.

ginny Thu 15-Mar-18 08:09:26

Good morning.
Raining in N. Bucks and has been for a while. Dull and dreary.
Going to pop beef stew in the slow cooker and finish sorting some craft stuff this morning. Play date with DGS this afternoon . Sewing group this evening.
Hope Thursday is a good day for you all.

Marydoll Thu 15-Mar-18 08:07:14

Good morning all, dull and quite breezy here.
We are off to the seaside for a lunch at Largs Marina, as a thank you for looking after DGD. We have been trying to go for months, but something always put paid to it. I would imagine it will be a bit "fresh" down there. Fingers crossed. ?
Enjoy your day all.

ninathenana Thu 15-Mar-18 07:41:13

Morning all.

I managed to dry some laundry outside for the first time this year yesterday sunshine
Today it's raining again the rain is preferable to❄❄though.

NfkDumpling Thu 15-Mar-18 07:10:32

Morning All

An apricot sky here this morning and the promise of heavy rain later before the snow returning this weekend. Deep joy. The novelty has worn off. It’s spring for goodness sake! The rooks were proving their gymnastic abilities trying to get on our bird table and hanging from the fat balls. I think they know bad weather is coming and are feeding up.

kittylester Thu 15-Mar-18 06:41:20

Morning Mick, morning corner, morning all!

It's raining in North Leicestershire too but we are off down the M1 to see DD2 and her girls.

I love a nice Chinese meal Mick but I haven't gad one since I started to avoid gluten as I can't get definitive answers to my questions. Lucky you to have one weekly.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

cornergran Thu 15-Mar-18 06:30:42

Morning Mick, morning All. Damp in our corner of Somerset too. Mr C has a hospital appointment at silly o’clock so all systems go. Plan a breakfast afterwards. Enjoy your Chinese Mick, haven’t found a really good one here. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

12Michael Thu 15-Mar-18 06:26:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its raining here in Brackley at the present moment , usual day out , have a Chinese meal in Bicester at lunch.
Mick