Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Mar-18 06:34:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry here in Brackley this morning , a clear blue sky.
Usual Friday , will be weather watching tomorrow as Snow is forecast locally with strong winds for the weekend.
Mick

ninathenana Fri 16-Mar-18 06:44:11

Morning Mick and everyone.

Some large grey clouds but also some blue here in Kent.
We were going to see the Tomb Raider on Sunday but as it's 1/2 hr down the M20 I think that's off as snow forecast for most of S.E. sad
Food shopping today, enjoy whatever your doing.

kittylester Fri 16-Mar-18 06:45:51

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's wet and mild in North Leicestershire.

I'm very tired after a day with Dd and time with her girls and an awful journey back. I slept badly and we are now on panic Persie duty. I need to go to Sainsbury's and the butcher's. DH'S brother appears to be having another midlife crisis, though he is 80!!!.

Apart from that it's all going well!!

kittylester Fri 16-Mar-18 06:46:46

Morning nina!!

Gagagran Fri 16-Mar-18 07:13:31

Morning everyone! The sun is shining and we are promised a nice day here on the south coast. I have finally caught up on sleep following my hectic weekend away carousing on the Isle of Man!

U3A this morning which usually has a good and interesting speaker and a chat with chums. Just hope the snow doesn't decide to appear. I am totally fed up with winter this year.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

oldgoat Fri 16-Mar-18 07:18:42

Morning all
Raining again here in York.
I am meeting another GNer today for a look round a new ceramics exhibition at the art gallery.
Tonight it's our walks group annual quiz night at which I'm officiating so will have to make myself presentable - might take some time.
Have a good day everyone and fingers crossed that it doesn't snow?

NfkDumpling Fri 16-Mar-18 07:20:10

Morning All

A misty morning in Norfolk. The forecast for a snow dump at the weekend seems to be evaporating into the possibility of a flurry or two. Fingers crossed it's right.

Off to art class this morning and then on the search for something - anything - to give DH for his approaching birthday. Anyone got any ideas for the man who has everything he needs for his hobbies, dresses down (well, he wears clothes) and hates gimmicky things? I'll get him a dash cam later but I need something small to open 'on the day'.

MawBroon Fri 16-Mar-18 07:25:45

Good morning everybody!
“Oh what a beautiful morning ? it is here in N Bucks. ?

A real Spring morning?? but I hope I am not speaking too soon.☔️
Day of “doing” ahead, shops, maybe garden, run the hoover round (as my Mum used to say ) as the second (third?) part of the birthday celebrations starts all over this weekend.
Wishing you all a lovely day!

Nana3 Fri 16-Mar-18 07:41:11

Good morning. Its grey in Lancashire with rain to come and snow tomorrow. I'm having a day out in Manchester today with friends, going to visit Elizabeth Gaskell's house.
NfkD I usually get my OH a bottle of his favourite tipple and a box of chocolates.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 16-Mar-18 07:43:06

Good morning from a grey but dry Colchester. The forecast has put paid to my plan to garden this weekend, so will be looking at spring clothes rather than plants today.

NannyJan53 Fri 16-Mar-18 07:44:52

Good Morning all

Raining here in the Black Country, but I need to do a load of washing as we came back last night from a gloriously sunny week in Lanzarote! So back to earth with a bump now hmm

I am now officially an OAP as my first SP hit my bank today, and I received my 'Senior Travel Pass' whilst away. smile Only 4 1/2 years later from my 60th!

Have a good day everyone

NanKate Fri 16-Mar-18 07:49:23

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Well it’s bright here in south Bucks too Maw. I used to live in Winslow no doubt in your neck of the woods, it seems like a hundred years ago ?

Sorry to hear it’s all happening at once for you Kitty. I had a bad night too, perhaps we should both have an afternoon nap.

Must deal with a mound of paperwork.

Marydoll Fri 16-Mar-18 07:52:52

Good morning all. It's coming down in buckets here, that's two days in a row. sad.
Early morning phone call, asking to take DGD, as she now has conjunctivitis and can't go to nursery. The wee soul has just got over a bad chest infection. All plans on hold for now.
Have a good day all.

cornergran Fri 16-Mar-18 07:56:51

Morning All. Bright blue sky in our corner of Somerset. May get a little snow tomorrow and Sunday, worry about it when it comes. Tedious admin and a small food shop today. I’m also absolutely shattered. Must be time of year. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Fri 16-Mar-18 08:00:22

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very wet and grey in South Yorkshire this morning. Makes you wonder how much more water the ground can take. We were out walking on Wednesday and I’ve never seen so much standing water, and swollen streams and rivers. More snow will not help. Must go shopping today - the cupboard is bare! Have a good day folks.

ginny Fri 16-Mar-18 08:04:03

Good morning.
As MAW says a bright , sunny start to the day here in N. Bucks. It’s a good job each celebration doesn’t add another year Maw . Enjoy !
SW first and then off to have a go at some mixed media art.
Main food shop this afternoon ( oh joy) .

farview Fri 16-Mar-18 08:07:18

Morning all..very grey today here in Lancashire,going to enjoy it though before the return of the beast from the East..got a "child free" day today so going to cook to freeze while I have time! Got our 21mth old hurricane Henry coming for the wkend so be a busy one. All take care..get some rest Kitty

Tippy22 Fri 16-Mar-18 08:22:13

Good morning everyone. Lovely blue sky here in East Sussex. Hope it lasts. Enjoy your day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 16-Mar-18 08:52:54

Good morning all

harrigran Fri 16-Mar-18 09:26:48

Good morning, weather horrible again. It was wet and windy all day yesterday and lt is still raining. The forecast has changed and we now have snow starting tonight.
DIL has cancelled her evening out and will not need us for childcare today. Where they live the snow is always a problem and makes travel difficult.

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 16-Mar-18 09:41:59

Morning all, after a wet day yesterday and rain this morning, the sun is shining, the breeze is a bit nippy though. Bit concerned that we won’t be able to get home on Sunday evening!

But will worry about that later.

Quote for the day:

Don’t just be good to others, be good to yourself as well.
Have a good day everybody and stay safe.

Mapleleaf Fri 16-Mar-18 10:04:16

Good morning,
Those of you enjoying some sunshine and blue skies, will you send some up to South Yorkshire please? It’s wet, cold and breezy here, yet again, and as Greyduster says, very soggy in the fields and the rivers very swollen. We’ve got snow showers predicted for the weekend. I’ve well and truly had enough of Winter now!!
Household chores to do today and some letters to post - exciting stuff! ?