Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(25 Posts)
MawBroon Sat 17-Mar-18 09:50:41

Good morning ! Brrr!
Oddly the daffodils Paw planted under a tree on the lawn have never looked better despite being bent double under the last snow and getting a further battering today.
The resilience of nature!
Looking forward to seeing DD SIL and DGCs today, but I needn’t have chosen a pub with a playground in the garden for the children though ???
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

TerriBull Sat 17-Mar-18 09:40:17

Good morning from my corner of the South East, as predicted the weather has turned really nasty with snow flurries. Hopefully snow doesn't seem to be settling, but oh dear our poor daffodil pots are not going to like this latest turn for the worst hmm Taking granddaughter to Peter Rabbit film this afternoon, not a good day for venturing out though. I look forward to next week when the temperature is expected to climb again, lets hope this is the last of the un seasonally cold weather.

Mapleleaf Sat 17-Mar-18 09:38:42

Morning,
Snow showers and sunshine here at the moment!

Anniebach Sat 17-Mar-18 09:19:44

Good morning all x

Sar53 Sat 17-Mar-18 09:00:26

Good morning everyone from a snowy Essex by the sea. Another cold day ahead. A quick trip out then OH wants to watch the rugby. Happy day all.

harrigran Sat 17-Mar-18 08:45:03

Good morning, it is still very windy and we now have a sprinkling of snow.
No plans for the weekend as the family live in a village in the countryside that becomes blocked when it snows.

Greyduster Sat 17-Mar-18 08:40:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Just the lightest dusting of snow in South Yorkshire this morning. We shall see what develops. DH is still planning to go to the football. I am not going anywhere. Nfk the snowy owl that has just arrived for a holiday should feel right at home this weekend then! Have a good day, folks.

ginny Sat 17-Mar-18 08:26:49

Good morning from N. Bucks. Where it is dull and breezy. A tiny sprinkle of snow first thing.
Walking down to town to collect a gift for DD1for her 40th birthday tomorrow and to see about getting a picture framed. Decorating DDs cake this afternoon while DH watches the rugby.
Happy weekend to all.

Pittcity Sat 17-Mar-18 08:24:06

Good morning from snowy Colchester. I ate my lunch in the sun yesterday, today it is below freezing. Much is cancelled here this weekend so it's back to hibernation.

silverlining48 Sat 17-Mar-18 08:20:29

Morning, what a difference a Day makes. Snowing with a strong wind in kent, yesterday we sat in the garden drinking tea in the sunshine.
Keep warm everyone.

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 17-Mar-18 08:18:56

Sunny here, getting concerned about flying into the UK tomorrow night and getting home!
But that’s for another day.
Stay safe everybody.
Hope the snow doesn’t linger.

ninathenana Sat 17-Mar-18 08:17:27

Snowing hard now in Kent

cornergran Sat 17-Mar-18 08:09:47

Morning All. Grey, gloomy and a spattering of rain in our corner of Somerset. Snow forecast later and tomorrow. No need to venture out so may just do, well, not a lot. Stay warm and safe everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 17-Mar-18 08:03:27

The wispy snow is increasing in the north of Norfolk. There’s bigger flakes mixed in and its showing signs of laying. Bottoms!

ninathenana Sat 17-Mar-18 07:57:02

NanKate last 3 games today

ninathenana Sat 17-Mar-18 07:53:39

Morning all.
It's snowing and windy in Kent, not proper big flakes though.
I won't be venturing out but H insists on walking to get his paper no matter what the weather.

Marydoll Sat 17-Mar-18 07:44:07

Good morning all,
Baggs' big wind is also rattling the slates here. It seems to have been windy for weeks.
A bit of baking and taking some hems up on trousers, that all I intend to do.
That is if I can see to do it. I seem to have picked up DDs eye infection.
Stay warm everyone.

kittylester Sat 17-Mar-18 07:36:46

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is very windy and cold. We woke up to a sprinkling of snow on the rooftops and there are odd flakes in the wind.

Apart from going to the flower shop this morning, I intend to stay put.

Keep warm everyone.

Baggs Sat 17-Mar-18 07:10:07

Morning, folks! Big wind here. Mr Baggs is in the process of replacing the Mørso door's fireproof rope so there are occasional rattles as chunks of wind swoop down the chimney.

NfkDumpling Sat 17-Mar-18 07:05:54

Morning All

Overcast with a strong, very cold wind in Norfolk. And, as I'm just looking out of the window, I can see wisps of light snow dancing past. The met office had said nothing until late this afternoon here, but they seem to be hedging their bets with anything from drifts to mere flurries of snow, freezing rain to isolated showers being forecast through the weekend. We're not intending to go far anyway although DS and DGS may come over this afternoon.

Gagagran Sat 17-Mar-18 07:01:12

Morning Mick, OG, Willow and NanaKate and all who follow!

It's windy and gloomy and snow is forecast here on the south coast so I am thinking of postponing my trip to the garden centre/farm shop with DD for coffee and organic meat. Such a shame as she wants to hear all about my trip off last weekend and always has a packed schedule.

Keep safe and warm GNs and hope it's not as bad as the last "beast"! sunshine

NanKate Sat 17-Mar-18 06:45:58

Morning Mick and All.

Just waiting for the snow to start.

Sensible idea Mick staying in th warm today, trouble is I start to go stir crazy if I don’t manage a walk each day. DH has put my foot grips ready so that if I do insist on going out at least I should stay upright.

I wonder if there is any rugby on today or is the final on next week, or have I missed it altogether ?

Willow500 Sat 17-Mar-18 06:39:32

Blowing a hooley here in South Yorks but no snow as yet. No plans for today - except housework hmm

oldgoat Sat 17-Mar-18 06:35:12

Morning mick
It feels chilly here in York this morning but it's not snowing yet.
Planning a quiet day today after a busy week. May do some watercolour painting.
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Sat 17-Mar-18 06:26:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight but its grey and looking across at the Town Hall weather vane windy from the East , and its attempting to snow.
Stay at home day , not do as I planned.
Mick