Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(24 Posts)
Slowcookervegan Mon 19-Mar-18 12:06:46

Morning
Was just thinking its funny how rainy days makes my head hurt and my mood low but sun and snow always make me smile.
Enjoy your day.

Mapleleaf Mon 19-Mar-18 09:24:16

Good morning everyone,
Greyduster has the forecast spot on for South Yorkshire. It's nice to see some sunshine this morning.
Coffee morning today.
Enjoy your day. ?

Oopsadaisy12 Mon 19-Mar-18 09:14:19

Is it still morning? Arrived home 3.30am from a midlands airport, car still at a Hampshire airport! Couldn’t face the trip on a fleet of coaches so came home, too much snow to collect car today. On the plus side..... we are home, in the warm and it’s sunny, DD2 has put food in the fridge, I cancelled the Tesco delivery late last night. Now to unpack.
Have a good day everybody.

farview Mon 19-Mar-18 08:32:47

Morning All,a very cold Lancashire but skies of blue,birds feeding greedily,fresh water just put out for them brrrr!!! Bye-bye beast from the East..Sunny days on approach ?

harrigran Mon 19-Mar-18 08:24:46

Good morning, much brighter today and it is plus 2. Should be able to leave the house if it continues to improve, don't like the wind.

ginny Mon 19-Mar-18 08:23:16

Good morning. A little bit of blue in the sky here in N. Bucks.
Still boomin’ cold.
At home most of today so hoping to do some craft stuff.
Keep warm all, hopefully the warmer days are coming soon.

Pittcity Mon 19-Mar-18 08:18:55

Good morning from a cold sunny Colchester. Still some lying snow and freezing.
Walking Netball this morning which will warm me up.

Greyduster Mon 19-Mar-18 08:15:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bitterly cold in South Yorkshire but bright and the roads are clear. Temperatures are set to rise this afternoon. Tidying up after yesterday’s family visit and then school run this afternoon. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Mon 19-Mar-18 08:15:24

Good morning all, doubt milkman will get here today, middle of March so it won't hang around

cornergran Mon 19-Mar-18 08:11:23

Morning All. More snow overnight in our corner of Somerset, still got a strong, very cold wind. Pavements like glass, lots of bus diversions. One granddaughter has no school. Fortunately no need for us to venture far, it does look very pretty out there but be pleased when it’s gone. Stay warm and safe everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 19-Mar-18 07:48:44

Good Morning all

Snow almost gone here, though my car is still covered!

Walking into town later for my U3A Canal group. Then drive over to Wolverhampton for lunch with Mum and brother,

Have a good day all

whitewave Mon 19-Mar-18 07:41:24

Morning all

Slate grey sky and windy with snow on the ground and freezing cold.

Birds back to winter mode and eating like mad. Last week they were picking up bits of nesting material as well as meal worms.

Housework today

Good day one and all

phoenix Mon 19-Mar-18 07:37:21

Still plenty of snow here!

kittylester Mon 19-Mar-18 07:35:21

Morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire.

Good luck with your tree appeal*nfk*. Our next door neighbour applied to take down a silver birch (planted by them 25 years ago) which is interfering with the telegraph pole nd blocking the street light. The council slapped a TPO on it. confused

Marydoll Mon 19-Mar-18 07:32:23

Good morning everyone.
Bright sunshine here, but oh so cold.
Taking something back to shops for a refund and some cooking in prep for DS2's birthday on Wednesday.
Enjoy your day, all.

NfkDumpling Mon 19-Mar-18 07:21:36

Morning All

Very bright and very breezy here in Norfolk. Most of the snow has gone already, but I think it was the freeze drying wind that's taken it. It's certainly not warm!

DH has a dentist appointment this afternoon leaving me to face the Tree Preservation Appeal Chappie who's coming to tell me we can't take a six foot bit of branch off the large Scots Pine in the front garden. It's getting very close to the house gutter but not hitting it yet!

oldgoat Mon 19-Mar-18 06:38:17

Morning maw and nina
Hope your family made it to lunch yesterday maw.

Gagagran Mon 19-Mar-18 06:38:16

sunshine

Gagagran Mon 19-Mar-18 06:38:00

Good Morning all! Looking out, it's still a bit Dr Zhivago-ish here on the south coast and it's very cold. Fingers cross this week brings spring back from its hiding place.

I have to venture out this morning for GP appointment, library, kindling (we've run out) and sundry bits and bobs.

Hope the day is kind to all GNs [sunshine[

oldgoat Mon 19-Mar-18 06:36:43

Morning mick
Quite bright today in York and there's even a bit of blue sky. Still freezing cold though with a sprinkling of snow on the garden. Hope the daffs. will pick up today instead of lying down flat!
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Mon 19-Mar-18 06:35:13

Morning Maw

ninathenana Mon 19-Mar-18 06:34:41

Morning Mick and everyone.

Grey skies and very windy in Kent. We had a light dusting of snow yesterday but it's all gone now.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Mon 19-Mar-18 06:33:52

Good morning!
But gosh it’s still very cold, if bright, in this corner of N Bucks.
Back to bed with a brew for me!

12Michael Mon 19-Mar-18 06:30:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight with blue sky and snow laden on the ground, should clear today I hope.
Looks like a spring week ahead.
Mick