Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Wed 21-Mar-18 06:24:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear bright blue sky over Brackley this morning, but there has been an overnight frost as well.
Mick

NanKate Wed 21-Mar-18 06:41:21

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely bright sunshine in South Bucks. Could Spring be here ?

Off to have my hair done this morning.

Marydoll Wed 21-Mar-18 06:51:33

Good morning Mick and NanKate.

It grey and oh so cold! I've just been out to the bins and it's freezing. We were going to take DGD to the park today, but now I'm not so sure,

Enjoy your day all.

Nelliemoser Wed 21-Mar-18 06:51:42

Good Morning All. A heavy frost today but some lovely sunshine. Too early to judge the rest of todays weather.

Gagagran Wed 21-Mar-18 07:05:22

Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining and the sky is blue here on the south coast. I think there has been some overnight frost but it will soon clear in the sunshine.

Off to get some compost this morning before a WI coffee morning. I also need to get DH an Easter egg - he loves them so I usually buy him a big one. I give the DGC a "flat Easter Egg" these days. (That's a £10 note in an Easter Card and always makes them laugh!)

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs (sunshine)

farview Wed 21-Mar-18 07:05:34

Good morning All,misty in Lancashire,but promising a decent day.Meeting a friend at Rivington Barn for tea,cake and catch up.enjoy your day everyone ?

Oopsadaisy12 Wed 21-Mar-18 07:06:15

Good morning everbody, sunny morning, sharp frost, but it’s -2 degrees here in the Vale of the White Horse, hope it warms up as it’s puppy sitting day today and she likes her walks.
At least the snow has gone

Have a good day everybody.

kittylester Wed 21-Mar-18 07:16:41

Morning all from a bright but freezing North Leicestershire.

I'm going to a 'focus group' this morning to look at some 'community memory boxes'. confused

This afternoon I'm doing the school run in Derby. I understand that! grin

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone.

ginny Wed 21-Mar-18 07:17:45

Good morning.
Frosty first thing but now dry and some sunshine.
Yoga later this morning after I have made some soup and finished framing my small collection of spoons.
A relaxing craft club this afternoon as I am not in charge of the project.
Hope you all have a good day and see a little sunshine.

ninathenana Wed 21-Mar-18 07:22:31

Morning all.

Grey sky yet again in Kent. We didn't get the frost that was forecast though.
Going to see Toomb Rader this afternoon, DS likes that kind of thing and he can't get to the cinema 40 mins away unless I take him, that's my excuse anyway.

cornergran Wed 21-Mar-18 07:24:44

Morning All. Sunny and frosty in our corner of Somerset. Rushing about a bit today, not a lot,of sleep last night so could be interesting. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Nana3 Wed 21-Mar-18 07:30:03

Good morning, quite a frost in lancashire. Bird feeders are deserted hope they've survived the night.
A walk this morning and meeting friends for lunch.
Enjoy Rivington farview, I'll be there for a walk with my dgs on his birthday.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 21-Mar-18 07:32:22

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Spring has sprung.
Usual Wednesday coffee meet up in town this morning.

whitewave Wed 21-Mar-18 07:37:18

Good morning

Frosty start but glorious blue sky and promising to be a good day, on the South Downs.

Greenhouse today I think and if it warms up I might plant the rose. Gertrude Jekyll - have been wanting her for ages.
Have to wait for meat delivery and if early enough might go to get some compost for big grow bags that we’ve got for the greenhouse we have 3 and they take 150ltrs of compost each, plus 3 potato bags. So that is a lot of compost. Get it bit by bit to save our backs.

Enjoy your day all

whitewave Wed 21-Mar-18 07:59:44

I forgot to say

Happy International Forest Day one and all!!

I love trees

harrigran Wed 21-Mar-18 08:00:57

Good morning, very cold but dry. Beautiful sky last night when we came home, black velvet with diamonds and a crescent moon.
Out to lunch with DH's cousin and wife, we have had to cancel several times because of the weather, looking forward to catching up.

Greyduster Wed 21-Mar-18 08:40:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining this morning, but I fancy it will be cold. I had a broken night so a bit zombie like this morning, but laundry to do and the house needs a clean. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Wed 21-Mar-18 08:53:00

Good morning all

TerriBull Wed 21-Mar-18 09:44:17

Good morning from the edge of London, it's beautifully sunny here, looking like a Spring day should. Our daffodils seem to have recovered after being smothered by snow a few days ago. Husband went off early wrapped up for a game of golf, I'm sitting here contemplating the day, Sainsburys and the gym or gym and Sainsburys, maybe I'll abandon both for a walk in Bushy Park it just looks so lovely today. I'll tackle the ironing while I make up my mind.

Mapleleaf Wed 21-Mar-18 10:38:11

Good morning everyone,
Nice and sunny today. Chilly though, so still need to wrap up warm for outside.
Have a good day. ?