Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Thu 22-Mar-18 06:32:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light bright and blue sky in Brackley this morning, feels milder as well.
Mick

farview Thu 22-Mar-18 06:39:59

Morning Michael and all who follow,looking promising in Lancashire,baking day,four grandchildren for tea (love it) nice day wished for everyone!

kittylester Thu 22-Mar-18 06:40:39

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a little misty in North Leicestershire but not too cold.

Sainsbury's and the butcher's for me this morning and then a sit down after a busy few days. DH is out all day on a training course.

ginny Thu 22-Mar-18 07:12:52

Good morning.
Looks promising in N. Bucks. A little bit of blue sky, no frost and no wind.
Looking after DGS so hopefully we can be outside for a while.
Sewing group this evening.

Sar53 Thu 22-Mar-18 07:21:13

Good morning everyone. I'm spending a few days in the Midlands with DD1 and 3 DGD'S. Two oldest girls are in a dance show on Saturday so it's rehearsals every night this week and a two year old to factor in, plus SIL is in the States on business. It's hectic but lovely to see them all.
Looks bright and sunny outside, I think Spring may have arrived.

MawBroon Thu 22-Mar-18 07:38:14

Good morning everybody. As Ginny says, things are looking hopeful here in N Bucks. At last!
Coffee with a friend this morning, then Book Club this afternoon. Oh it’s a hard life!
Hope our day is a pleasant one. smile

NanKate Thu 22-Mar-18 07:47:17

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Pretty good in South Bucks too. Dare I take off my thermals off ? ?

Off to get my free coffee in Waitrose today with a neighbour.

cornergran Thu 22-Mar-18 07:51:36

Morning All. Overcast in our corner of Somerset, no sun for us, rain forecast later. Bit of cleaning and physio today before Granny detail this evening. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Thu 22-Mar-18 07:59:06

God morning from the South Downs

Much warmer today. ?

Planted my Gertrude Jekyll rose yesterday - just been out and had a word, seems happy enough.

Got two alpine clematis to plant, one can go in now but the other is to go in where at the moment there is a grass which has to be moved and must wait until it start growing. I plan to move all my grasses to one spot in the gravel garden.

Off to get more compost today for the greenhouse grow beds.

Enjoy your day today’s

NannyJan53 Thu 22-Mar-18 08:01:01

Good Morning all

Bright and sunny here in the Black Country.

I am off to Solihull today for a bit of window shopping and meeting friends for lunch. Will be going on the train so its the first time using my Senior Travel Pass smile

Enjoy your day everyone

Gagagran Thu 22-Mar-18 08:03:28

Good Morning All! It's a pleasant morning here on the south coast and much milder. Yesterday was a glorious spring day and what a treat it was after all the influx of beasts from the east etc.

We are just back from the weekly supermarket trip and found everywhere, including the roads, strangely quiet. I even checked my watch to make sure we had not gone an hour early, inadvertently. We had an interesting discussion following that on how elastic time seems to be!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Greyduster Thu 22-Mar-18 08:23:45

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another sunny start in South Yorkshire. I was in two minds whether to put the central heating on, it feels so mild, but I need a shower. I am peculiarly stiff after our walk yesterday. Ironing this morning; run this afternoon. Have a good day, folks.

Greyduster Thu 22-Mar-18 08:24:37

School run this afternoon - I don’t do any other sort of running!!

harrigran Thu 22-Mar-18 08:26:42

Good morning, mild but with gale force winds here in the north.
Very pleasant lunch out in Durham yesterday and the plumber arrived as soon as we got home. Nothing repaired yet but he knows what needs to be done and will return tomorrow.
School run this afternoon, but a pleasure as GD is the best behaved child I have ever known.

Alygran Thu 22-Mar-18 08:28:20

Morning all.
Sun shining in North Yorkshire Off to charity conference today in Solihull for the next 2 days.
Hope today is kind to everyone

Anniebach Thu 22-Mar-18 08:42:24

I long for the day when I can post - I am going to ?, today and ? Visting for a few days. Untill then -

Good morning all from Mid Wales ?

Nelliemoser Thu 22-Mar-18 08:53:35

Good morning all. It is still grey here in Cheshire .
I need some sunshine sunshine sunshine to lift my spirits.

Mapleleaf Thu 22-Mar-18 09:11:09

Good morning, everyone.
???*Greyduster*! You'd got me thinking you'd taken up a new hobby for a moment.

Still bright, but not quite as sunny as an hour ago. It rained heavily last night, glad it's passed over

Shopping and other interesting bits to do today...

Enjoy your day.

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 09:11:11

Good morning all. There is a bit of sunshine peaking through the clouds.
Recovering from a day with DGD yesterday, we took her to Kelvingrove art gallery as it was raining.
We got there at 10am for it opening and the car park was totally full. I was surprised at seeing so many grandparents with the same idea!
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Thu 22-Mar-18 09:20:10

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. No sunshine here. Have been having problems with heating and hot water for ages which baffled our heating man who couldn't find anything wrong. It finally packed up completely last night so he is here again, armed with a boiler error code, and has the doors open so I am freezing. DH has suddenly discovered an important appointment so I have to stay in....off to fetch a blanket.