Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sat 24-Mar-18 06:27:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and wet start here in Brackley this morning, off out later do my usual.
Mick

Gagagran Sat 24-Mar-18 06:56:28

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.

It's the same here on the south coast - looks very wet with a thick grey cloud layer.

Plan a quiet day today after the building of the wood pile yesterday. It was certainly a good work out! I was very proud of my wall of logs until DH "tested" it by kicking the bottom whereupon it came down like the walls of Jericho.

Words were exchanged and I withdrew to the kitchen and left the expert to restore it!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

ninathenana Sat 24-Mar-18 06:57:17

Morning Mick and everyone.

I'm still in bed so can't comment on the weather. Yesterday turned out mild and sunny and we are forecast a repeat.
Our youngest DGC was 6 yesterday, it was lovely to be able to buy him a present after recent events. We hope to Skype him later after his party.
Have a good day GNrs

Baggs Sat 24-Mar-18 07:01:18

Morning, folks! Lovely bright, cold, sunny day in Argyll and it looks set to stay this way all weekend. Yay!

Happy days, dudes ☀️

Mapleleaf Sat 24-Mar-18 07:32:54

Good morning, everyone
.Oh, Gagagran, you did make me smile! Men, eh? ??. (Bet you were very cross with him, though)!
It's grey and damp looking outside but not raining at the moment.
Usual shopping today, nothing exciting methinks.
Have a good day.

farview Sat 24-Mar-18 07:33:48

Morning everyone,weather ok ish in Lancashire,not too bothered,Am off out with my friend, garden centre and lunch,lots of chat also, escaping for the day!smile enjoy your day ladies!

Marydoll Sat 24-Mar-18 07:34:31

Woke up at 6am with the sun streaming through the window, as Baggs said, a beautiful morning. It was so light, I thought I had overslept.
Morning out shopping with DD.
Tonight DGD is staying over night, as my daughter is hosting a gin night for her siblings and their other halves.
I would love to be a fly on the wall, as they are sure to be discussing mum and dad.grin

NanKate Sat 24-Mar-18 07:36:53

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and wet in South Bucks.

Oh you did make us laugh Gaga. We particularly liked ‘words were exchanged’ ?

Our 7 year old GS is off to play for his local football team at a mini stadium, he is beside himself with excitement. He is going to FaceTime us before and after the match. Hope they score some goals.

cornergran Sat 24-Mar-18 07:42:47

Morning All. Heavy grey clouds, an Eeyore start to the day in our corner of Somerset. I can imagine the words gaga smile. Off for some light retail therapy today, life is a bit heavy at the moment so distraction is good. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sat 24-Mar-18 07:49:12

Morning all!

It's raining in North Leicestershire which is a bit of a blow as I have to go and check on mum and dad's grave stone now mum's name has been added. After that we are shopping for a jacket for DH. He is so indecisive and we trail backwards and forwards and, inevitably, come home empty handed!!

We are going out for a meal with one of my brothers and his wife this evening.

Nelliemoser Sat 24-Mar-18 07:55:49

Good Morning All. Damp here in south Cheshire. I hope it improves before the possible snow next weekend.

Off the the hairdressers and then to get some petrol so we can get to the DGSs on Monday weather permitting.

MawBroon Sat 24-Mar-18 08:02:30

Good morning
For once I got my timing right and my 2 hours in the garden yesterday has been followed by rain overnight (and still)
Never mind, I noticed how dry the soil was so that’s a good thing.
Driving a friend to a medical appointment then bringing her back here for lunch (which I will have to buy as she is on a strict exclusion diet and what I had planned is, well, excluded!)
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

ginny Sat 24-Mar-18 08:03:26

Good morning.
Grey and damp in N. Bucks.
A little local food shopping and looking after Dds dogs for the day.
Some baking to do and roast dinner as MIL is here later.

Pittcity Sat 24-Mar-18 08:06:34

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. Driving up to Framlingham Castle today. We were given English Heritage membership for Christmas and are determined to make the most of it.
Must remember to change the clocks before bed!

Bellasnana Sat 24-Mar-18 08:06:44

Good morning all. It looks like another damp day here in Malta. I’m still in bed and am in no hurry to get out of it.
Feeling very gloomy, much like the weather, I suppose sad

Hope you all have a good day.

Nelliemoser Sat 24-Mar-18 08:21:06

There are several blackbirds in front of my house behaving like fighting cocks to see who can get the best mate. I do like blackbirds they are relatively well mannered in their hunt for mates. Spring has sprung.

whitewave Sat 24-Mar-18 08:22:23

Good morning

Dull and damp on South Downs.

Really struggling with my back at the moment. Thought it would be a good idea to walk the dog yesterday to keep active as all the advise tells you. Got half way around and was in so much pain I took ages to totter back, and now this morning seem to be back to square one. So annoying and frustrating - still I’ve learned my lesson. Rest and very mild excercise seems the way to go.

Sorry to bore

Have a good day

Nana3 Sat 24-Mar-18 08:24:59

Good morning. Looks promising weather in Lancashire. I've had 3 nights of unbroken sleep, hope it lasts.
Invited out for dinner this evening, looking forward to it.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 24-Mar-18 08:31:27

I love Framlingham Castle Pitt. It looks like a proper castle!!

I think it's the subject of Ed Sheeran's 'Castle on The Hill'.

harrigran Sat 24-Mar-18 08:35:50

Good morning, grey and damp but not particularly cold.
Wasted yesterday waiting for the plumber who did not turn up again. Which means I am going to have to grocery shop today.

Anniebach Sat 24-Mar-18 08:52:39

Good morning all from Mid Wales

Greyduster Sat 24-Mar-18 10:34:53

A very belated good morning, Michael and all GNs, from a damp South Yorkshire. It has been raining all night. DH has gone to see GS slog through mud yet again. Thank goodness this is the last cross country this season. Stuff to do. Happy Saturday, folks.