Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(16 Posts)
Anniebach Thu 29-Mar-18 09:03:07

Good morning all, no idea what weather to expect , Derek said, some rain, some sunshine , perhaps some snow on high ground.

Pittcity Thu 29-Mar-18 09:02:53

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Cold with a clear blue sky but more rain forecast later.
DH has gone fishing so I am off to the Thursday coffee meetup.
Happy birthday Marthaj

Marthajolly1 Thu 29-Mar-18 08:53:17

Good morning all. It is a foggy start along The Forth but the sun is breaking through already. Looks very promising for a lovely day. And it's my birthday so a round if golf this morning. An nice Indian restaurant for dinner then on to the Blues Club for the evening. Hope you all enjoy your day ?

harrigran Thu 29-Mar-18 08:33:33

Good morning, harsh frost and -2 this morning. This has been a long winter.
DD in the UK for a wedding, I hope she hasn't chosen a floaty dress and no coat.

Gagagran Thu 29-Mar-18 08:29:39

Good Morning everyone! It's sunny and bright here on the south coast so a good test for my new study blinds. They work! Had to defrost the car windscreen again.

Just back from the supermarket trip. It was busier than usual and the mega stacks of Easter eggs were no more! Only a few left but I got mine last week so no problems.

Hospital appointment this morning for teledermatology to decide what the "thing" on my face is and what needs to be done to it. It involves a detailed microscopic photograph which is forwarded to the consultant to decide. The GP tried to freeze it off but it didn't work so she thinks it needs more treatment. Hey ho - always something!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Mapleleaf Thu 29-Mar-18 08:28:07

Good morning,
I woke up to a keen frost today. However, the sun is shining and the sky is a gorgeous blue.
Having boiler serviced this morning, so housebound until the engineer has been.
Enjoy your day. ?

MawBroon Thu 29-Mar-18 08:18:56

Good Maundy Thursday morning Mick and everybody!
Bright sunshine here in my corner of N Bucks with “Simpsons” type clouds, if you know what I mean. But I think we had a frost overnight.
Wishing you all a pleasant day ??

silverlining48 Thu 29-Mar-18 08:03:47

Good morning all. A bright sunny day here which is lovely but I am in bed with yet another bad cold
Eyes running, sneezing fit to bust, aching and feeling fed up as I was in this situation only 3 weeks ago. Imissed seeing my grandchildren yesterday and really want to be well.
Wishing a better day for everyone,

Greyduster Thu 29-Mar-18 08:01:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright start in South Yorkshire but very cold. DD and SiL are off for a long weekend sailing today so we have charge of The Boy until Tuesday. Hope the weather is reasonable so that we are not housebound. Watch this space. Have a good day, folks!

farview Thu 29-Mar-18 07:53:47

Morning All,frosty start in Lancashire,have got 5 dgc today whew!! Youngest 21mths,eldest 17yrs and three girls 10,12,13, WHAT to do to keep them busy,park hopefully if it warms up,already thinking re PJ's.tonight haha, Good day wished for everyone

cornergran Thu 29-Mar-18 07:45:24

Morning All. It’s overcast with heavy rain forecast for our corner of Somerset. Anyone got some sunshine to spare? Need to do a mini food shop today after a quick trip to town to get something the GP suggested I could try for the horrid knee. It’s Devils Claw. Good name anyway. Anyone tried it? Mr C is still sleeping so will be quiet for a bit. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

ginny Thu 29-Mar-18 07:39:34

Good morning. A frosty but bright start to the day here in N. Bucks.
A quick shop for supplies and packing thecaravan for a weekend away with the family.
An hour or so DGS sitting later on.
Have a good day all.

Marydoll Thu 29-Mar-18 07:25:54

Good morning all, it is very frosty and cold here in Glasgow.
We have DGD today, so up bright and early. Well I'm not so sure about the "bright" part.
A trip into town with her to pick up my prescriptions and pop in to to see mummy at work.
Hope your DS gets on well at the hospital, Kitty.
Enjoy your day everyone.

ninathenana Thu 29-Mar-18 07:10:39

Morning Mick kitty and everyone.

Sky looks bright but no sun yet.
It takes me a while to get in gear in the mornings too kitty. H has a meds review at GP's this morning, fortunately he can walk there (he dosen't drive) So I will blitz the kitchen whilst he's gone.
Have a good day GN's

kittylester Thu 29-Mar-18 06:52:08

Morning Mick, morning all

Its quite bright and mild in North Leicestershire.

I have to take DS1 for a botox injection at 9.30 this morning. He appointment takes about 10 minutes and they are always on time but it involves leaving here at 8 am and getting back around 11 am. I shouldn't moan because he is looked after brilliantly by the nhs - I just struggle with getting going that early. grin

12Michael Thu 29-Mar-18 06:34:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but its dry here in brackley at the present moment.
Start to back what little I need for 2 nights away later .
Mick