Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Easter Saturday

(19 Posts)
Menopaws Sat 31-Mar-18 11:22:36

Grey and drizzle in Surrey, thankfully dog is tired after two busy days so not nagging for a walk so will go for a long muddy one later. Easter food delivery shortly then taking mums shopping to her. Roast with oh and son tonight. Happy.

Nana3 Sat 31-Mar-18 09:57:25

Good morning. Another grey day in Lancashire, the dgc are going swimming today, all the cousins together.
I shall stay behind and organise dinner I think as swimming is not my thing.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Sat 31-Mar-18 09:48:23

Good Morning all from a very wet and grey Black Country!

Was in Aldi for 8am this morning to beat the crowds!

Off to daughters this afternoon.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 31-Mar-18 09:22:40

Good morning everyone.
As Greyduster says it is very wet here in South Yorkshire. The forecast says we can expect it all day and over most of the weekend. It's put paid to sorting out the garden today.
Visiting family later for a bring and share, so have that to look forward to.
Hope you all enjoy the Easter weekend. ?

Minerva Sat 31-Mar-18 09:13:06

Good morning everybody. Grey skies in London but the relentless rain has passed.
My littlest DGS is noisily bouncing around on his hopper and the roofer is expected this morning to sort out a leak in one of the bedroom ceilings. I will be taking DGS out to visit an even older relative and give his mum a break then have a cake to prepare for a DGSs Easter invasion tomorrow.
As usual it’s all systems go.
Have a good day all

Marydoll Sat 31-Mar-18 09:01:02

Good morning all, damp, but dry here in Glasgow.
Having a day in, pottering about and making an Easter cake.
Have a lovely weekend with your families.

I hope Mick, you enjoy your coach trip.
DH and I tried to book a coach trip to Stratford and Oxford yesterday and it had just been cancelled, due to lack of demand.sad.

Baggs Sat 31-Mar-18 08:59:09

Morning, folks! Bright but cloudy in bonny Argyll. I haven't looked at the weather forecast yet but there is a cold easterly wind. DD, the gee-esses and I climbed half way up a mountain yesterday. So far the after effects haven't been too bad but I'm definintely going to get a knee strap/support thingy for future reference! GS1 won't feel any after effects as he is a mountain goat.

ninathenana Sat 31-Mar-18 08:56:02

about butt angry

ninathenana Sat 31-Mar-18 08:54:50

Morning all.

I was surprised to open the curtains to sunshine abut half hour ago. The water but is overflowing and I've seen more than my fare share of rain in the last week or two. Bertie cat is going stir crazy !
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sat 31-Mar-18 08:40:02

Good morning, Gaga, Michael in absentia, and all GNs. It is wet with a capital W in South Yorkshire so I have no idea what we are doing today but it won’t be outdoors. Our third day with GS and apart from having to surgically detach him from his video game, he has been very amenable. Today will be a challenge if we can’t get out, though. Have a happy day folks.

whitewave Sat 31-Mar-18 08:34:51

Hello all

Blue sky on the South Downs, but not forecast to last. Chilly as well.

Enjoy the theatre maw

Might try to transplant the last of the grasses today, as well as pot up some plug plants I bought yesterday. The ones I bought a couple of weeks ago are romping away.

Salmon tray bake today.

Enjoy you day

Anniebach Sat 31-Mar-18 08:32:20

Good morning all

harrigran Sat 31-Mar-18 08:26:35

Good morning, dark, wet and miserable here in the far north.
Did a grocery shop yesterday and every shop was busy, chose lunchtime thinking people would be round the table en famille, no such luck. Slept for the rest of the afternoon as I was jiggered.

Pittcity Sat 31-Mar-18 08:17:52

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Got soaked yesterday so will try hard to avoid the rain today. No firm plans but need to go to the supermarket for provisions.

MawBroon Sat 31-Mar-18 08:01:29

Good morning everybody from a grey and misty village in N Bucks.
I expect it’s going to rain - no change there!
Driving to London (there are no trains tomorrow to come home) in an hour or so to spend Easter with DDs 2 and 3 . RSC Hamlet this afternoon then babysitting tonight.
Wishing you all a pleasant weekend and Happy Easter ?

kittylester Sat 31-Mar-18 07:59:44

Morning gaga! Thank you for starting this.

It's pickling down in North Leicestershire so I'm not sure what we will be doing today.

Enjoy tour Easter Saturdays everyone!

Nelliemoser Sat 31-Mar-18 07:55:59

Good Morning All. Cold and damp in Cheshire. Nothing much doing here.

Gagagran Sat 31-Mar-18 07:45:28

happy (edit button where are you)

Gagagran Sat 31-Mar-18 07:44:52

In Mick's absence on his mystery trip I thought I'd start the thread. It looks dull and grey here on the south coast after a day of constant rain yesterday.

I am going to get a pre-ordered leg of lamb this morning and some other bits and bobs but nothing else much planned.

Hope the day is a hapy and peaceful one for all GNs sunshine