Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(15 Posts)
Mapleleaf Tue 03-Apr-18 09:43:31

Good morning
A brighter morning today, but everywhere is still very soggy. Feels quite a bit milder. Typical of the weather to improve now the bank holidays are finished!! Not sure how long the rain will keep off, though, as it keeps clouding over.
Sounds like your wedding was lovely, Mary.

Anniebach Tue 03-Apr-18 08:38:16

Good morning all from Mid Wales.

Mary you had a lovely day ?

Marydoll Tue 03-Apr-18 08:13:13

Good morning all, wet and cold here in Glasgow.
We got home from our wedding at 1.30am and we have decided we are now too old to party.? I don't know where the young ones get their energy, they looked as if they could have danced all night.
The views of Loch Lomond from the wedding venue were stunning, despite the snow showers hiding the view at times. We were worried we would be stranded.
I would love to stay in bed, but I have an appointment. sad
Have a good day all.

whitewave Tue 03-Apr-18 08:06:47

Good morning one and all from the South Downs.

Dry at the moment, but not due to last. Must clear the house up after yesterday’s festivities with the family.

The long range looks better for next week so beginning to plan activities in the garden. I’ve at long last managed to plant the clematis, sweet peas and alpine dianthus which have been hanging around for a month or two and 3 Delphi’s which have hung around in their pot since last year blush

Oh well

Enjoy your day people

Greyduster Tue 03-Apr-18 08:01:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dull but dry in South Yorkshire. Not expecting it to remain dry. DD and SiL are coming home today, so GS will be going home - then we have a day to gird our loins till he comes back for the day on Thursday, but just for the day. He is a joy most of the time but like Gaga my energy levels are not what they were. NanKate that sounds interesting. Was she one of the ladies that delivered new aircraft to airfields during the war? Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Tue 03-Apr-18 07:58:58

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Forecast to reach 14 degrees today so I will be able to shed a layer and wear my spring raincoat!
Visiting SIL today to help sort out late MIL's stuff.

NanKate Tue 03-Apr-18 07:41:37

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Grey and dry in the Thames Valley as we speak, but the dratted rain is coming back very soon.

Off to WI today where the speaker is telling us about his Gran being a spitfire pilot, sounds interesting.

NannyJan53 Tue 03-Apr-18 07:36:06

Good Morning all

Dull and grey here again! Hopefully last day for partner to keep his head down for 50 mins in every hour (posturing) this is day 7! It's been a long week hmm

Tap Dance class today with U3A group, then this afternoon my brother and wife are popping over and dropping Mum off for me to take to her house later.

Enjoy your day everyone.

brook2704 Tue 03-Apr-18 07:19:48

Hi everyone
Woke up again to snow here this morning in Inverness and definitely no sign of spring arriving yet. Visitors due to leave today so hopefully things back to normal soon ? hope everyone has a good day

kittylester Tue 03-Apr-18 07:10:41

Morning all!

It is dry and warmish in North Leicestershire this morning. We have 2 dgc today. Well, I say we, but I'm going out for lunch with the other volunteers from the new version of the course we run. Lots to talk about - like is it an improvement? On that basis, DH is going to Macdonalds and the cimena!

Enjoy your Tuesdays everyone! sunshine

Situpstraight Tue 03-Apr-18 07:09:39

Raining here this morning, but the birds are singing which is nice to hear.
Cleaning day today, after a long lazy weekend when all I seemed to do was cook.

Have a good day

Nana3 Tue 03-Apr-18 06:48:45

Good morning Mick and everyone. Still raining in Lancashire, so I'll be staying in today. I have visitors coming for an overnight stay tomorrow so continue to be busy.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Tue 03-Apr-18 06:45:48

Good Morning Mick and everyone. It looks damp outside as it's getting light but is definitely milder here on the south coast.

A quiet day is needed today after entertaining DD, DSiL and DGC yesterday. I was pleased with my catering but was somewhat fatigued last night. Energy levels are not what they were!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

ninathenana Tue 03-Apr-18 06:45:33

Morning Mick and everyone.

Damp in Kent but quiet mild and the wind has dropped.
Food shopping and taking H to his gardening job.
Have a nice day, yall ! grin

12Michael Tue 03-Apr-18 06:40:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its back to a normal routine , its light but dry at the moment here in brackley this morning.
Mick