Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(15 Posts)
Mapleleaf Thu 05-Apr-18 09:36:11

Good morning, everyone.
Bright and sunny here in South Yorkshire, but still chilly. Supposed to warm up as the day wears on.

Greyduster Thu 05-Apr-18 08:32:08

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a late me again. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire this morning. GS is here for the day and we are going for a walk and lunch in the Peak District. He’s not keen on “just walking” but hopefully there will be something interesting to see on the way! Have a good day, folks.

harrigran Thu 05-Apr-18 08:30:44

Good morning, lovely bright morning after the horrible weather we had yesterday.
DS sent a message to say that they had lying snow and other GPs would no longer be making the trip north, GD could stay longer.

Pittcity Thu 05-Apr-18 08:27:45

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Its windy with clouds blocking the sun now and then. Got some washing on the line and it might be dry by the time I bring it in for a change.
New sofa and armchair being delivered this afternoon and old furniture being collected this morning.
Will spend the waiting time weeding the front garden.

Anniebach Thu 05-Apr-18 08:25:52

Good morning all from Mid Wales, Derek said sunshine for us today

ginny Thu 05-Apr-18 08:09:45

Good morning all.
A bright sunny start here in N. Bucks.
Had a lovely day out yesterday but Not feeling too bright myself this morning so will have a quiet day just pottering around home and garden.

NanKate Thu 05-Apr-18 08:00:45

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Lovely and bright here in South Bucks.

Walking into town with DH for coffee and cake and then he will kindly carry the shopping up our steep hill.

Hope you have thawed out Kitty.

Auntieflo Thu 05-Apr-18 07:55:41

Good morning from a sunny but cold Berkshire. I have a funeral to go to this morning. Yesterday was good, as my granddaughter and GGD spent the day with us, and now I miss them.

brook2704 Thu 05-Apr-18 07:29:03

Morning everyone
No snow this morning in Inverness and fingers crossed the day stays dry.
Just waiting for DGS and DGD to arrive as it’s nursery school holidays. Hopefully get them out in the garden to work off some energy ??
Hope everyone has a lovely day

Marydoll Thu 05-Apr-18 07:14:48

Good morning Mick and everyone.
We were expecting a heavy frost here this morning, but it hasn't happened.
Gaga, if you could please venture into our garage and find the paint for the front room, that would be a great help. DGD has splashed something (unknown) on the living room wall and we need to touch it up. DH says he is not venturing in there!
Off to feed the ducks ?with DGD and hopefully tea and cake in the garden centre.
Have a pleasant day, everyone.

kittylester Thu 05-Apr-18 07:00:43

Morning all.

It's a lovely bright start in North Leicestershire but I got frozen and drenched at yesterday's roadshow.

DH's brother and sil are coming to stay for the night today so I have a day of shopping and cooking ahead.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

ninathenana Thu 05-Apr-18 06:58:26

Morning everyone.

Cloudy in Kent but we should see sunshine later.
H plans on working in the garden, don't know what I'll be doing.

Nana3 Thu 05-Apr-18 06:50:42

Good morning Mick and everyone. The sky is clear and bright in Lancashire, I'm so pleased as two dgd's are coming today and we can go to the park. First I must make breakfast for our visitors and send them on their way.
Have a good day grans.

Gagagran Thu 05-Apr-18 06:47:27

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

The sun is coming up - at last - and we are promised a nice day here on the south coast. Hurrah!

Just off to the the supermarket then hope to start on the mega de-clutter of the garage. Oh joy.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine.

12Michael Thu 05-Apr-18 06:39:13

Good Morning Everyone,
No wind clear blue sky and maybe the mildest day here in brackley so far this year
Mick