Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
Marydoll Fri 06-Apr-18 12:02:07

Oh, I would have loved to have been there. smile

12Michael Fri 06-Apr-18 10:04:01

Just seen a bit of local news they are filming today for Bargain Hunt in the Antiques cellar in brackley today , with Natasha Rankin, and Danny Sebastian is one of the team leaders.
Mick

Anniebach Fri 06-Apr-18 08:51:13

Good morning all, another dry day in .Mid Wales.

Greyduster Fri 06-Apr-18 08:36:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry at the moment, and it feels chilly, but I have some serious housework to do today so won’t see much of the great outdoors. DH is cleaning out the boot of the car which is a spectacular jumble of muddy stuff! I’m sick of the sight of mud! Have a good day, folks.

MawBroon Fri 06-Apr-18 08:24:05

Good morning Mick and everybody.
It is looking quite Springlike from where I am sitting (in bed with a brew ) but even more, it sounds like Spring.

I have some work to do in the garden before the rain returns because that will be that for a few days, won’t it?

harrigran Fri 06-Apr-18 08:20:16

Good morning, it is dry but dull here in the north.
Took GD home last night but other GPs cancelled their visit.
GD spent the afternoon making and icing a three tier pinata cake, filled with smarties. For a 12 year old she bakes some super cakes and my two ovens are getting the use they were intended for.

Marydoll Fri 06-Apr-18 07:59:21

Good morning Mick and everyone. A bit damp here and quite cool.
A bit of supermarket shopping and tidying up today, after two days of looking after DGD.
We had a lovely day at the park yesterday, despite the fact she fell in a muddy puddle.sad. Of course, Papa was to blame, not gran. grin
I've been up all night with a very painful knee, ?one of the few parts left in my body, which is never painful, a great excuse to rest and read my book.
Kitty, I can sympathise with your DBIL.

Nana3 Fri 06-Apr-18 07:41:48

Good morning. Dry and bright in Lancashire, yesterday was so spring like hoping for more of the same. Visiting DD this morning and going out with friends this evening.
Have a good day everyone.

Situpstraight Fri 06-Apr-18 07:36:56

Dull and gloomy here in Oxfordshire

Getting ready for the GCs arrival, yaaay

Have a good day everybody

Pittcity Fri 06-Apr-18 07:30:28

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Spending the day at the zoo with DC and DGSs. Out for a curry with friends this evening.

ginny Fri 06-Apr-18 07:25:30

Good morning.
The sun is peeping through now in N. Bucks hopefully to stay for a while.
SW this morning . DH is going to visit a friend who has been in hospital. Nothing planned for later, will see what turns up.
Hope you all get some sunshine.

Gagagran Fri 06-Apr-18 07:24:43

Good Morning everyone! I think we have another lovely day in store here on the south coast. At last!

The great garage clear-out is on the agenda today. (I'll keep an eye out for your paint Mary). I don't expect to make a lot of progress as there will be high level discussions about what is rubbish, what may be useful in future and what is essential. (6 bikes?). We'll see.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

NanKate Fri 06-Apr-18 06:45:34

I should have said Good MORNING Mick but it came out as Good Mick ?

NanKate Fri 06-Apr-18 06:44:02

Good morning to you too Kitty

NanKate Fri 06-Apr-18 06:43:14

Good Mick and All.

Sunrise looks lovely here too in South Bucks.

Hope to persuade DH to come out to lunch as it is going to be Springlike day here and will be raining tomorrow Saturday when we usually go out.

kittylester Fri 06-Apr-18 06:42:05

Morning Mick, morning all.

Us a bright start in North Leicestershire. Unfortunately, DBil was in too much pain from his arthritis for their planned visit so we have a free day to spend on the garden.

Enjoy your days everyone!

12Michael Fri 06-Apr-18 06:31:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry the sun is just rising over brackley looks like another spring day here.
Mick